“Loews Hotel gave me the best service and quality of any hotel I have experienced.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
You are Different Here!
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jackson MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I took my young children and babysitter to New Orleans for Spring Break. I was a little skeptical about taking my kids to this hotel from some of the reviews I read beforehand. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the kid friendliness of this hotel. The indoor pool was very nice and warm. The kids loved going swimming after a long day going to the aquarium and walking the streets. Julio, one of the door men that worked downstairs was awesome. He was great about helping us to the our room and answering any questions we had when we arrived. You could tell that he loved people and tried to make sure all the kids were smiling. Lu, the head bartender was exceptional. She made the best limontini and cosmopolitan ever. Any request I had while staying there ie...needing extra towels, noise maker, blankets. It literally took no longer than 5 to 10 minutes for delivery of anything. If there was any drawback at all, the food was pricey and the coffee downstairs was terrible. I guess nothing is perfect. I would definitely return. Matter of fact, they have won me over when I am staying in NOLA. Thanks Loews....Cami

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Pros: Pet friendly, nice location, good service, clean room

Cons: You will pay dearly for almost anything besides the room, If you are not frugal then don't worry. This includes internet service, room service, parking, phone usage. Things that are usually requested with rooms. If it's not listed call and see if it will cost additional. Pet fees are very reasonable though.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I visited this hotel while attending a conference, and loved it. I stayed there with a co-worker, and the double room we rented was huge and had great decorations and art. The bathroom was stunning. We rented at the conference rate, which was a steal compared to the rates I saw when looking at going back on vacation, so my idea of the value for the price might be a little off.
The restaurant was fantastic, I tried to have breakfast there every day. Best grits I've ever had. They had great cocktails (some very creative ones made up by the resident bartender), as well. It was an easy walk from the convention center and a number of great restaurants. The pool was stunning, and the workout area was nice. It's a little far from some of the other attractions in the city, but New Orleans is super easy to walk in, so we ended up walking everywhere anyway.
One drawback: the only free wi-fi was in the lobby. I hate it when they charge for internet access in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Loews Hotel on February 9th. It was the night of the Saints Super Bowl parade. It was a pleasure from the moment we checked in. Bradley handled checked -in with a friendly and efficient manner. Our room was awesome. I love the view of Poydras especially that night b/c it overlooked the parade route. The bathroom was especially bright and airy because it had a window. I love the separate shower (glass door) and deep tub. We were greeted by a great jazzy cd playing in the cd player. The bed was one large king but we also had a lovely chaise along the window. The room seemed fresh and clean.
I went down to eat at the restaurant (Cafe Adelaide). I ate at the bar and Kenny made me feel very comfortable eating alone. Some places don't go out of the way to make single diners feel at ease. Food was delicious. The drinks are also special. The bar tenders are mixologists not just robotic bartenders. My husband and some friends joined me later as the excitement built for the parade. The concierge Debbie was very helpful keeping us posted on what was going on with the parade logistics etc... The city was electric and the staff at the Loews was also very enthusiastic. We also stayed at this location for a weekend in December and loved it.
We loved our visit and would stay again in a heartbeat.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I own a house in the French Quarter but since friends from Boston were staying at the Loews while attending Mardi Gras balls and watching parades, we decided to join in. Stayed four nights at the hotel and it was a GREAT in-town getaway. Large spacious room on the 16th floor with a beautiful bath, nice toiletries and a very quick and efficient room service, even during Carnival. That alone is impressive. The hotel accepts pets but there was no indication that one had ever been in our room (I have allergies) so overall I'd say housekeeping does a wonderful job. Kudos to Loews staff and management.

new orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I booked a king bed, non smoking room and ended up with a smoking, double room. After speaking to Sabrina at the front desk I feel like i am in the twilight zone, she seems to think its ok to charge my credit card $400 for a room that makes me sneeze and is flat out not what i ordered. Avoid this dump and sarcastic misleading front desk at all cost. Thanks again Sabrina,

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Living only an hour away, we travel to New Orleans 3-4 times a year and out of all the hotels I have stayed in, Loews is my favorite. The main reason is that it is consistently a great place to stay. The staff is always friendly and helpful- we mentioned at check-in that we were in town for our anniversary and the manager sent us a bottle of champagne!
The room was great- we stayed in a Grand King and it is very spacious. A large, comfortable bed with a large sitting area and 2 tv's. The bathroom is great- seperate shower and bath. Very clean!
We had breakfast in the restuarant in the hotel- Cafe Adelaide and it was delicious. The buffet was definitely worth it! Also, the bar is very nice- great drinks and great atmosphere.
We also had room service one night and it was delicious! Lots of choices on the menu!
It is situated accross from Harrah's- about a 5-10 minute walk to the quarter.
I will stay there again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!