“Outstanding Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
You are Different Here!
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Loews Hotel in New Orleans. We usually stay at the Hilton because my husband loves a riverview and we are Honors Members. As the Hilton was booked we stayed at the Loews and we had the most beautiful riverview!! The service was outstanding from the valet at arrival to the valet at departure! Congrats Loews on a fabulous staff. Our room was very comfortable and the location of the hotel was perfect for our venue. I will stay there again for certain.

Room Tip: The riverview was fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing to give us a try on your most recent visit to New Orleans. We appreciate your staying with us. We take great pride in our location and great amenities but most of all we pride ourselves in providing great service. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team members and look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Loews New Orleans Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Decatur, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for five nights while attending a convention. The location was what I liked the most as it was close to everything without staying near the French Quarter. Bourbon St. is less than 10 minutes by foot. If you like Casinos, there's a giant Harrah's right across the street. The hotel itself was what you would expect at this price range. I had no problems with service all throughout the hotel. The room was a good size and had been updated. The shower had uber water pressure which was nice. You could have cleaned an elephant with this shower head. I swear I cut my shower time in half. Make sure you check your bill upon checkout as I noticed I had been charged nearly $43 per day for parking and I didn't even have a vehicle. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you were able to enjoy our location and amenities. We pride ourselves in being perfectly located to all the best New Orleans has to offer. We will communicate the billing issue you experienced to our team to ensure we are doing our best to ensure the consistency of our billing. We look forward to your next visit with us.

New Orleans, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We are local and have stayed here before. The hotel experience was great. The bellman and front desk gentlemen were awesome. Our room was lovely with great views of the MS River and the riverfront.
Loved our bath with separate shower and tub. The common areas and hallways were hot, but the room very comfortable.
WE had great cocktails at the Swizzle Stick that were so refreshing. The regular bartender was not friendly, tho he is always there and working. I think a friendlier personality would be a good fit.
Location is fairly central and easy walking to dining and shopping close by.

Room Tip: We were on 21st Floor riverside and was awesome and of course quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. The Swizzle Stick Bar definitely delivers a uniquely local and comfortable atmosphere. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy your experience there. We will definitely share your comments on the consistency of the friendliness in the bar with our team to ensure our customers are satisfied on a consistent basis. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am writing to let you know that I commented on a recent stay to the Loews Hotel in New Orleans days ago thinking I would of received at least an email from someone there in regard to my stay, here it is 6 days later and still no response. This was the first and if I have any thing to say may be my last time I ever stay at the Loews New Orleans. After driving Hours from Florida in very bad weather I finally get to New Orleans check in and go to my room once there one of the keys didn't work which I can fix easily by going and having someone at the front desk give me another key but once I opened the door the smell was so bad if it had been a strong wind it would of knocked me over you could taste it and stuck in the back of my throat, at that point I contacted House keeping to let them know when, she arrived at the room she stated it doesn't smell to bad I stated to her I know I sprayed perfume to try and mask the smell she stated oh ok. After which I went to the front desk and let the person there know about the problem by that I mean smell/odor he proceeded to say what does it smell like I stated very bad he said like humidity oh that's because it is on the high floors and because of the windows at that point I stated I have stayed on upper floors before and have never had this problem. His next response was well house keeping leaves at 11PM so if you need them to spray something you need to let me know now because I don't have any other rooms available at that point I told him I had already done that and that I was going to send an email to let management know about this problem at that point he just turned his head as if I wasn't there. One of the worst stays I have ever had at any hotel that comes highly recommended. When I was checking out I also advised the clerk at the front desk and her response was oh, I will let someone know what you said and left it at that. Also, if house keeping was doing their jobs there shouldn't of been old key cards under furniture and bedding that looked very old with tears in the blanket and pillows that should of already been in the trash, this was one of the first times I have ever felt like just walking out if I hadn't been so tired and so late upon my arrival I would of done just that this experience was awful. Then to boot I notice an extra charge on my credit card of $3.24 for something I didn't even use, believe me eating or drinking something in that room would of been out of the question specially when the room smelled terrible and looked and felt dirty. I did buy a pizza and couple of drinks somewhere else and take them with me to the room once there I threw the can in the trash and left the pizza box on the desk at least this way house keeping does need to clean or at least try which I don't think they do a very good job of with anyway. Either way I feel that the way everything was handled was awful if this is the way things are done in New Orleans I would hate to think of the other locations. Employees that represent so badly should be dismissed or at least given more training on how to handle things. If my cellular had smell a vision I would of sent that so the people at the corporate office could smell and see the way the room looked when I arrived and know I was telling the truth about my stay. The least I expected was an email from someone so that I knew my message was received. I am sorry for having to send this comment but this matter should of been handle a little better then it was. Lets hope an email is not to much to ask for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Me and my family of four decided that we all deserve a real family vacation, so we made a reservation two months in advance to stay at this hotel. We drove from Florida to Louisiana, with no stops. A straight ten hour drive. When we get to the hotel I go to check in, while my husband parked the car elsewhere, the cost for park is very pricey. I talk to a girl at the front desk, who really didn't seem to know what she was talking about. She said that she lost our reservation after we made months in advance. We were forced to sit in the lobby for 30 minutes at ten o clock at night. My husband came in and straightened everything out. Tired and exhausted, we go up to our room, which reeked of smoke and dog and had stains everywhere! We were put on the pet floor. We called someone up, and asked to change rooms. they came 45 minutes later, and gave us attitude about us switching rooms. We finally switch rooms. Our new room was nicer, and cleaner, but they only gave us 1 coffee, and there was no toilette paper. The towel supply was also very limited. We had to call the front desk several times during our trip for more coffee supplies, and toiletries. The rest of the trip, we were treated like we were weren't important. The restoraunts around town were excellent. August, and Cochon were my favorites. the french quarter was nice, along with the boat tour. When we checked out, we were charge extra for mini bar items that we didn't even eat! Not worth the money! There are lots of other nicer, cheaper hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the pet floor unless you have a pet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience at our property. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us.

We would like to speak to you personally in reference to your experience. Please contact us at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com. We look forward to speaking to you.

baton rouge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We get there and are greeted by Rachael at the front desk. Very nice and cheerful. Stay went downhill from there. Valet parking could not find our car or keys late night-could they be driving our cars when we are supposed to be sleeping-mmm. Upon leaving a Lexus was misplaced-keys and all.Swizzle bar wait staff- the lady was extremely rude,smiling at everyone but us,completely ignored my friends request for a drink-talked extremely bad to us-did not like the fact that we were not pleased with her service. Very nasty. I will be writing Lowes corporate.Don't worry we know your name and your manager is Jack. We tried to give her back her pen that we used to sign the bill with-she said "WHY DON'T YOU JUST KEEP THAT!!!!" Rooms were ok. For good customer service-go somewhere else. RUDE,RUDE,RUDE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

What makes a great hotel? Location, service, comfort, a great room, a comfortable bed, a good shower . . . Loews New Orleans has it all. Location is great, walking distance to most things you want to go to. Service is truly top-notch. You will never want for anything during your stay and the staff consistently goes the extra mile. We had a business conference lunch in the hotel. My wife had a food allergy that preventing her from having the soup. They immediately appeared with another type of soup (a really good one as well) I saw two if the staff changing a guest's flat tire out front. Would your hotel do that? The rooms are spacious and very well done. The shower has some kick (I hate whimpy showers) and is adjustable if you do not want the added water pressure. The gym is well apportioned and never too busy. The pool is a little small - good for laps but not for more than 3 people at once - but hey - it has an indoor pool, so that's a good thing. One other thing of note. One of my travel rules is that rarely, if ever, drink in a hotel bar or eat at ta hotel restaurants. They are typically bland, mediocre and overpriced. The Loews is a major exception to this rule. The bar/lounge (the Swizzle Stick) is great. The cocktails are beautiful and perfectly balanced. The staff are well-educated and willing to talk shop about the drinks. The restaurant, Cafe Adelaide, is not only really god for a hotel restaurant, it's one of the better restaurants in the city - and in New Orleans, that is saying something. So simply put, every aspect of the hotel gets top scores.
I Love this place.

Room Tip: Nice views facing east
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in catering each experience to each of our guests. We are delighted to accommodate your individual dietary needs. We will be sure to share your comments on your experience in our outlets with our team members and look forward to your next visit with us.

Loews New Orleans Management

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!