“Nice Place for First Timers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$25 Food & Bev Credit!
Ranked #33 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice Place for First Timers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was my first time in New Orleans and while I normally would have stayed at the Marriott or W across the street, my conference was at this hotel. It was also my first time at a Loews hotel.

I would say I was impressed with the hotel for the most part. Would I stay here again? If not because of my loyalty programs absolutely yes. But because of those programs, I would probably go for the W across the way. Nothing about the hotel overly impressed me although it is very nice. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was pretty standard but nicely decorated and updated. Room was quiet and kept very clean.

From a conference perspective, I felt the design of the area chosen and the primary room (Louisiana) we used was awkward and poorly laid out for our group of ~200.

Now the reason I suggest this is great for first timers is its location. Now granted you can get this location from other hotels too. But it is perfect for access to the French Quarters, Warehouse District and Garden Districts. Ton of places to eat nearby. And within the hotel, Cafe Adelaide is phenomenal. The cafe also provides the room service, but as others noted you can expect delays when ordering due to its popularity. Now if you are wondering why it's so popular, it is because it is part of the Commander's Palace family which is legendary in NOLA. Well worth it. Some of the best grumble I had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on your experience at our property. We will use your comments to ensure we are providing the highest level of service as well as the most comfortable experience in both our rooms and meeting space. We are perfectly located to offer the best of both worlds to both the leisure and business traveler. Our You First Program would be perfect for you and offers great benefits to each of our frequent guests. The best part is that it is completely free. We would be happy to provide additional information on the program and sign you up at your convenience. We look forward to your next visit to our city.

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband & I were here recently for the KBIS show and we were delighted to receive such great customer service. From the time we were greeted by the doormen on our first day to the very last day at 4AM we had amazing service. I enjoyed all the small things they did for you like open doors, offer umbrellas when it rained, lemonade in the lobby.
The gym was a decent size. My husband would say not enough weights but I thought having more than 3 cardio machines is good enough for a holiday work out. The pool was huge. Hot tub could have been hotter though.
Housekeeping was super nice. Even wrote us a nice note one day wishing us a great night.
All these nice touches made an impression on us and we will definitely recommend our family & friends this hotel.
I gave breakfast an average score because we didn't actually eat here. There was no option for not applicable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We will be sure to share them with our team members. We pride ourselves in providing a high level of service to each of our guests. We look forward to hosting your next visit to our city.

Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights for a wedding, which happened to be the same weekend as French Quarter Festival. We stayed in a spacious, deluxe king. Some of the amenities of the room included a dresser with a flat screen TV, a couch with another flat screen TV within an entertainment center, a business desk with leather chair, and a bed bench. The bathroom had nice granite counter tops and had both a bathtub and stand up shower with a very powerful shower head! Overall, the room provided comfort with casual luxury!
The location of the hotel is awesome! It is near the Riverwalk and right next door to Harrah's Casino. The walk to the French Quarter is approximately 15 minutes.

The cons of the hotel would be the steep price of parking at $39/overnight. If you plan driving to New Orleans, you can save some money by parking in other lots for half the price so do some research before your trip. Also, I had a few issues with check-in, but very minor i.e. room keys didn't work. The staff resolved the issues quickly.

If you stay at this hotel, make sure to visit the bar, The Swizzle Stick. The Bloody Mary's are top notch and the bar food is quite delicious. I tried the gumbo, flash-fried oysters and a baby spinach salad. Oh man that salad I'm craving right now so good a must try!

Overall, had a wonderful stay and would pick this establishment again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are perfectly located near both the convention center and French Quarter giving our visitors the best of both worlds. The Swizzle Stick Bar is one of our greatest amenities. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy our cocktails. We offer competitive parking rates that are comparable to surrounding parking rates. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans. See you next time.

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at this hotel over Christmas 2012 (24th to the 27th) and had a mixed stay. The valet was extremely friendly and helpful as were the doormen. from then on, things got worse. Check-in was normal. We proceed up to our room, which was beautiful, await our bags, and decide to head down to the restaurant for dinner.
Upon arrival at the restaurant we were informed that the were no tables available at all (Which was fair enough, but maybe an alternate suggestion of where to go might have been nice). We asked if we could make a reservation for the following night, and were also simply told "No." There was no apology, nor offer to put us on a wait list etc, just a no.
We asked if we could make a reservation for breakfast. We were told there would be no need, just come in when ready (This is for Christmas morning mind you...). My wife, a seasoned traveler, insisted that she take our reservation for breakfast, and we proceeded to the bar area to attempt to order some dinner. Upon arrival in the Bar, we were informed that the kitchen was too busy tonight, so they stopped serving food in the bar. "You can still order room service", we were informed..
So back upstairs to the room we go, a little miffed, but hungry so no time to waste.. A short 10 minute search later, and it appears we don't have a room service menu. We call down to the front desk, and they inform us they will send one up right away. While waiting, we decide to just call room service anyways, and order something (they must have a sandwich or hamburger or something easy, right?). My wife exclaims on the phone, "You're kidding right", before she hangs up. She tells me "1 1/2 to 2 hours delay on room service". F$%^
Back down stairs, head outside and look for somewhere to eat. by now it's later on Christmas eve, and everywhere is either closing or closed, so no options within easy walking distance. We end up ordering a Dominos Pizza as it seemed to be all we could get delivered..
The following morning, there is a massive line waiting for breakfast, and we hear the hostess telling people that they have no more tables available for breakfast (Thank goodness for my wife's insistence the night before) Breakfast takes and hour and a half for some pancakes and Breakfast tacos.. (just over an hour from being seated to food being delivered) and the saga goes on..
The rest of our stay was uneventful, although we didn't get our room service menu delivered until the afternoon of the 26th after asking for one 4 times, the trouble began again when checking out...
Our stay was being paid for by a friend (yes, very generous friend we know!!!), but the desk informed us they had no record of our friends credit card, so they would be charging the whole stay on our card.. My wife argues, even presenting the reservation paperwork with the friends credit card info on it, but they still claimed no, so our card was charged and I figured we'd bring it up with our friend when we got back. Upon our return home, and thanking our friend we discuss the charge on our card, and to our shock, the hotel had charged our friend for our visit as well..
At the time of this writing (April 22nd 2013) there have been numerous phone calls and emails with Loews hotels to attempt to get this resolved with no luck. We have been given the runaround, told the issue is with our credit card company, they have no record of it etc... But as it stands Loews is still holding onto our money as well as our friends for the same room for the same duration of stay, and doesn't look like they will be giving anyone anything back anytime soon.
Shame on you Loews, Shame....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your honest feedback. We pride ourselves in providing a very high level of service. We are very concerned with the deficiencies you have brought to our attention and would like to speak to you further about these to ensure they have been resolved. Please contact us at your convenience at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com.

Clayton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently returned from a business trip to New Orleans (if there is really such a thing) and spent four nights at Loew's. I thought the location was perfect, about equidistant from the convention center and the French Quarter madness. The hotel was clean, and reception and service were polite, prompt, and warm.

I did not dine at the facility and cannot speak to the restaurants, as a result. The fitness facility was a B- for the price of the hotel (IMO), but why work out indoors when you can easily take a run into the garden district? I thought that housekeeping was excellent, and I slept very well in my room. I would have little hesitation, other than possibly the price, of staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and your feedback.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your Loews experience. Our location is perfect for work and play. We look forward to your next visit to our city.

Clinton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Five day trip to NOLA. Three really bad customer experiences: checking in took forever, keys accidently deactivated by hotel and took an inordinate of time to get back in. Hotel staffed knocked on the door 4 times to clean prior to noon - in spite of request to clean after noon. Seems like staff doesn't care at all about the customer.... merely a transaction. I'm not a person to write reviews - this experience really bothered us. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your honest feedback and would like to apologize for the many inconveniences and flaws in service you experienced. I can assure you this is not the level of service we are known for and pride ourselves in providing. We would like to speak to you in reference to your experience. At your convenience please contact us at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com.

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Loews for the first time last spring and fell in love. I splurged and got a suite for our anniversary. The room was huge and had great views of the river. The staff are all very accommodating and the restaurant/bar has great offerings. Location is great. The hotel was originally booked for our repeat trip this year and in trying to save a little money, I booked a Renaissance hotel. The hotel was fair but we actually moved after one night when an opening came up at Loews. Again Loews has exceeded expectations. The room is a Deluxe King and is very comfortable. The sheets on the bed are awesome! Our room was ready to check-in by noon. When I booked the room just an hour or so before our move, the rate was $419. I was willing to pay because I knew the quality of the hotel. And guess what, with just one simple request at check in to see if the rate could be "tweaked", the front desk clerk dropped the rate to $269. AWESOME! Once again this hotel has not disappointed and from now on will be our go-to,place in New Orleans!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you choose us to be a part of your anniversary. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Loews New Orleans Management

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!