“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
You are Different Here!
Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Even though we booked this stay with a third party online site, and received an amazing deal (40% off), we would not mind paying the full price to stay here vs other hotels within the area. It's an upscale hotel without the attitude. Check-in was pleasant & friendly, our rooms were upgraded to the river view when we asked, and our questions/concerns were answered with genuine warmth & attentiveness. Our room was a nicely appointed, large (for NOLA), very clean, and the king beds were comfortable. Getting to the heart of the french district was easy 10-15 min leisurely walk, but Harrah's is literally next door. The only concern was the outrageous valet parking cost of $39 - do yourself a favor and park a little north (2 min walk) of the hotel for half this amount.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our location is perfect for business and leisure. We do our best to provide competitive comparable parking rates for downtown New Orleans. We are delighted that you enjoyed our service and product and look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Loews New Orleans Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

OK - I'll admit up front that I am tight (frugal to the extreme) and I have to admit that every hotel is going to be more expensive when you are situated in the heart of a big touristy city. But to pay $200 a night for a room that is no better than many rooms half the price frustrates me.

That said, the bed was very comfortable; the sitting area with sofa, coffee table, a second TV and work table with ethernet cable and swivel chair were great features; the Kuerig coffee maker was special; the fridge (once all their drinks were repositioned) was useful - but what, no microwave?; having a tub in addition to the large tiled shower was nice (and I did appreciate the dual control that allows both temperature control and volume control); having an umbrella in the room came in handy and they always have one at the door; hair dryer and lighted mirror in the bath are great for the wife.

My biggest complaint and what I will always remember is that every day I had to return to the lobby from the 15th floor to get my card fixed so I could get into my room. And all I ever got was "Sorry." This was a Sunday to Friday stay so four days in a row I had to get my key card re-formatted. Another bone of contention for me was the $39/night for parking. I moved my car to the lot the Westin uses where it was only $25/night and less than 5 minute walk away.

I attended several functions and the staff were great. Great food served. The lobby is a comfortable place to relax. The rating would be four star except for the key card and parking.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room on the south side with a view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your honest feedback on your experience with us. We will use your feedback to ensure our service is in line with our service promise to each of our guests. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the keys. The keys are magnetic and if you happened to be passing through or by anything that could have demagnetized them on a daily basis this may have been the cause. Our goal is to accommodate any and all request to ensure your comfort. We do have microwaves available upon request for your convenience. When travels bring you back our way just let us know you would like one and we will ensure it is placed in your room prior to your arrival.

Centerville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at Loew's during the New Year's week 2012. I would rate this as a four-star hotel for it's service, location, Cafe Adelaide and cleanliness. I noticed that they allow pets which is good for pet lovers. The cuisine in the resturant was always very good and quite a selection as well.

Room Tip: The only downside was that our room overlooked a parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your experience at our property. We hope to see you again soon. Be sure to request one of our river view rooms during your next visit with us. Thank you again for your valued feedback.

Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the moment we checked in, my family and I were treated like royalty. This hotel is the nicest around and is centrally located for all your needs. The Riverwalk is only minutes away, and the Harrah's Casino is directly across the street. But, it's not what is outside the hotel that makes this a five-star experience.
Every single staff member was friendly and courteous. The rooms are quite spacious. The food at the Cafe Adelaide was incredible. All-in-all, this is THE hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Get a room with the skyline view for sunsets, river view for sunrises.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our team members are our most valuable amenity. Thank you again for visiting our property and dinning at Cafe Adelaide. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to New Orleans.

Loews New Orleans Management Team
El Dorado Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Location is ideal, service is outstanding - you just can't go wrong!

I've stayed at several Loews properties, and its one of my favorite chains now. They strike a perfect balance between luxury and price - you get an upscale experience without being gouged for some of the things that high-end hotels are notorious for, e.g. you can bring dogs and pay just $25, instead of some that claim to be dog-friendly, and charge $150 or more per stay. Also, they waive the WiFi charge for members of their frequent guest program - our teenagers were on it pretty often, so we had 3 or 4 devices on at once.

This one is a short walk from the French Quarter, and very close to the Riverwalk, and across the road from Harrah's casino. We spent a week, without a car, and packed in a whole bunch of activities, helped immensely by their excellent concierge, James Arey. This gentleman is a gem, and would fit in fine at a Ritz Carlton or the Burj in Dubai! He got us reservations when none were available, gave us recommendations for music, dining, and dining with music, along with attractions like the Garden district, cemeteries and swamp tours, and we loved every one of them (even the teenagers - not a single eye-roll!)

The room was large (over 500 sqft), and we had a great view of the river. The two queen beds were very comfortable, and the daily maid service was very good. The only thing we found a bit odd was that the furniture was a bit sparse for the size of the room - the huge window with a view just begged for a couple of comfy armchairs for morning coffee (the coffee provided was quite good). The bathroom was large and very well-equipped, with a shower stall and large, comfy tub.

Brunch at the restaurant was very good, and they have some interesting dishes. They do have a pool and hot tub, but that's probably the only underwhelming aspect overall - the pool is tiny, and completely indoors (no windows at all). And the HVAC system wasn't keeping up - it was very warm and humid around the pool. The fitness center seemed well-equipped, but we didn't use it - we were too busy pigging out ;-).

Room Tip: Ask for a river-view room. The Grand queen-queen is one of the bigger rooms they have, and it did he...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback and for being one of our valued Loews You First guests. We are delighted that you choose to stay with us when you travel. Our location is perfect for visiting all of the New Orleans attractions without the need for a vehicle. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to James. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The room I stayed in was, I think, a mini suite - not a full suite with multiple rooms, just one main room with a separate bathroom, but the room was very spacious. The bed was VERY comfortable [and, as a sufferer of chronic pain, things like a good bed really make all the difference in the world]. I was there for a conference where all the meals were provided for, so I cannot say what the hotel's restaurant was like per se, but if the buffets we ate each day are any indication, the food was truly magnificent!

The location couldn't be better, either. Across the street is a casino if you're into gambling [I'm not], but more importantly, it is a very short walk to the French Quarter, perhaps 3 blocks to get to it, and all the insanity that is the French Quarter! I went on a walking tour while there and I will review that as well in a separate rating.

Room Tip: I can't say what the rooms on the opposite side of the hotel from mine were like, but my view wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy your experience with us. We hope we were able to provide some relief from your workload while with us. Our location provides quick walking access to several French Quarter and downtown New Orleans attractions. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to hosting you when you return to New Orleans.

Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My friend & I stayed here the first weekend of March. This is a really nice property and a great location. When we checked in we were greeted by Patrick who upgraded us to a very nice suite. The rooms are very nice and quiet and the location is perfect. It is a short walk to the French Quarter, but far enough away to escape the noise. It is also close to the river walk and many nice restaurants. We found the employees to be welcoming and helpful and the check in and out process to be very easy. This is definitely a hotel I would stay in again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Patrick. Our entire team takes pride in ensuring that the experience in our city and at our property are above the expectations of our guests. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Loews New Orleans Management

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!