“Nice Pet Friendly Hotel in New Orleans” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$25 Food & Bev Credit!
Ranked #33 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Nice Pet Friendly Hotel in New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We just got back from a two night stay at Loews New Orleans hotel. We were traveling with a small dog. We arrived for check in at 4:30pm. Valet was efficient and right on Poydras St. The garage is actually the first few stories in the same building as the hotel. The hotel is in a good location right by Harrahs. There are a few nice restaurants a few hundred feet away (Manning's, Grand Isle etc..) so you will not go hungry. The walk to the French Quarter is not bad. I recommend a pedi cab so you can see the sights along the way.

Back to check in. I initially requested a river view Grand Double Queen room. Unfortunately, all pet rooms are on the 11th floor and there are no river view rooms there. Check in was quick and we went up to our room. We walked in and immediately noticed it smelled musty. After drawing back the curtains we noticed alot of dust in the room. The final straw came when there was some stains on the sheets. It appeared that the room was cleaned a while back and just sat there. I do not know how a stain that big went unoticed. We called the front desk and they quickly gave us a replacement room 1121. This room was not dusty but there was a stain on a pillowcase. My guess is the pet rooms get more beatings than the other rooms. The carpet was frayed in a few spots, probably from dogs scratching.

The Grand Queen room is big with nice 10' ceilings. The view is ok. The bathroom is nice with a separate tub and big shower. The charge for a pet is only $25 for the whole visit, alot cheaper than most hotels.

We also noticed that the carpet in the hallways was not that clean. Again, my guess is that the "dog" floor gets less attention than the rest of the hotel. The elevators are relatively old and creaked alot when moving.

The service of the hotel, from front desk, valets, doormen and room service was outstanding. The only negatives was the housekeeping I mentioned above.

We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but we ordered room service a few times. Breakfast and dinner were about average from a hotel in this class. We have stayed at the Hotel Monteleone, the Astor Crowne Plaza, Royal Sonesta, Sheraton, Hilton Riverside, Provincial and I would rate Loews ahead of all but the Monteleone, Royal Sonesta and Hilton Riverside (Riverside wins out because of river view).

However, if you are travelling with a pet, this hotel is pretty darn good. Overall we had a nice stay and other than the issues with the original dusty room and stains on beds, it was a very good stay. The only dog friendly hotel that we have stayed that was more "pet friendly" was Hotel Zaza in Houston. Loews does a good job maintaining a dog friendly atmosphere.

If I had to travel again with our dog, I think I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the third time I have been at this hotel. All have been fro company national meetings. All three times, immaculately clean, great service and a great location outside the war zone of the French Quarter but a very short walk to get there. Any time I am in NO I am staying here. Not a big casino person but Harrah's is across hte street if you are into gambling and malls are down the block. Stay here, no where else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at our property. We take great pride in the product and services we provide and are very happy that we were able to have you with us on each of your visits to our city. We look forward to having you back for a 4th visit in the near future.

Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel is near everything--French Quarter, Warehouse, casino, Garden District. The room I was in was huge--bigger than my first apartment! It overlooked the river and was very comfortable. The rug was in need of cleaning and repair but not a concern. The concierge was extremely helpful and really understood what I was wanting to do, he gave me great information. The conference staff was awesome as were the bellmen. The front desk staff were good and just okay. Too bad they were not consistent.

I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and over looking the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience in our city and at our property. We are perfectly located for both business and pleasure. We will address your concerns on the inconsistency of our front desk team as well as the cleanliness of our carpet with our leadership team. Again, we appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Wind Lake, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The taxi ride there was a horrifying experience but the hotel was beautiful, clean and the staff were VERY welcoming. I felt like I was special from the moment they opened my taxi door. The rooms were very clean and spacious and I had a great view of the river. Both the restaurant and the hotel bar had wonderful service and the bartenders managed to remember exactly what I wanted to order even though they always seemed fairly busy. There were many of us here for business so a group of us would always walk up to the French Quarter for some nightlife and dinner. Not sure if I would have made the walk alone but the hotel is not far from where people are so I am sure it would be fine. Should I return for pleasure, I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our property. From our doormen to our restaurant team we all take great pride in ensuring each of our guests has a positively memorable experience while with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience began on not such a positive note. We will communicate this concern to our local taxi cab bureau. We look forward to having you visit our city and property again in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here when we were at a convention. I really liked our room - it was large and had nice amenities like single cup Kerig coffee maker, refrigerator and large bathroom with separate shower & tub. They were even kind enough to bring up a microwave when we asked. The location was close to the convention center and the river and not too far away from the French Quarter.

The restaurant did not look too inviting and the doorman were not too friendly. Those were the only two negatives. The front waiting area was very nice and the check in staff were nice. This is a nice, quality hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your experience at our property. It's always nice when you can work a bit of pleasure into a convention visit. We will work to address your concerns with our team in our restaurant and at our door. We look forward to having you back in our city and at our property in the future.

Loews New Orleans Management
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Located across the street from Harrah's, three blocks from the French Quarter this hotel is within walking distance of all of the attractions New Orleans has to offer. The room was very nice, clean and spacious. The hotel staff could not have been friendlier. While we didn't visit the bar or restaurant they were certainly crowded and appeared to draw quite a crowd both nights we were there. My next trip to New Orleans will definitely include a stay at Loew's.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our location is one of the greatest amenities we can offer. We hope to welcome you back to our city and property soon.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I must admit that the rug in my lovely room had seen better days...but frankly, I just didin;t care. The room was spacious, huge windows lots of natural light. The location of the hotel was excellent in my opinion..close enought to walk to the quarter, casino, warehouse district, and the St Charles streetcar. It was just removed enough from the craziness of Bourbon street....I did like that. Many really good restaurants nearby as well as the museums and canal street for supplies, tee shirts..etc etc.
The customer service is very good here....excellent concierge services. I felt very taken care of there....all in all a great stay and I would love to retrun!

Room Tip: ask for river view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in New Orleans and at the Loews New Orleans Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will be inspecting our carpet condition to ensure the product is up to your standards as well as ours. We hope to welcome you back to our property soon.

Loews New Orleans Management Team

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!