“Just Right” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
You are Different Here!
Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia
“Just Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed for two nights while attending a conference. I come to NOLA about once a year for conferences. Always love the food and the vibe in the Quarter but am usually disappointed by the shabbiness of the hotels in the Quarter and near the Casino that most conferences seem to use. I've stayed at the Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott. They are fine but all a bit threadbare. This time I picked the Loews (it was one of the options for the conference) and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely - well-decorated, large and in pristine condition. The atmosphere was relaxed but luxurious. Great bar with good food. Good gym. Even has a nice lap pool and hot tub. Very attentive service. I'd stay here even if I was paying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is soooo gorgeous. The Luxury King Suite (room 2110) that we stayed in was lovely. My only complaint with the room was that the description when I reserved it described the bathroom as luxurious, which for the most part it was, except that the bathtub was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry small. The staff was also a little snooty - bunch of kids probably making minimum wage but think they are rich people because that's who generally stays at their hotel. We definitely didn't look like the rest of the hotel guests, as we had to save up some time to get this room. .

My husband and I got married that weekend, and the room was just spacious enough for me to get ready and get him ready as well. The mini-bar and water/snacks in the room are ridiculously overpriced, but I guess that would be the same in any hotel like this one. (On an unrelated note, it is sort of funny how people with a ton of money would rather pay 2.25 for a 16 oz. can of soda than walk a block to get one for less than 1/3 of that price, isn't it?)

We were on the top floor. There was a huge, gorgeous window but most of the view was obstructed by the Harrah's hotel building. However, if you looked to either side of it there was an okay view of the river and the city. They also tried to charge us a "deposit" that was never listed on anything whatsoever when we booked the room to the tune of another $200. I think they are used to people coming through with that kind of "extra cash", but we simply didn't have an "extra" $200 on our wedding weekend. My husband worked that out with management, and it must have gone well because he was smiling and happy when he came back up to the room. I, frankly, wasn't up for dealing with such issues at the time.

The location was fantastic, and you can park for $16/day less if you're willing to give up the valet service and walk the whopping 2 blocks from a nice public parking lot to the hotel, which we were.

It's right on Poydras St. with shops and Canal and Bourbon St. in easy walking distance. It is definitely not the place to stay if you are traveling on a tight budget, and be aware of the prices of the snacks and drinks in the room as well as additional fees they will likely attempt to tack on even though your invoice online mentions nothing about it.

The bed was super-comfy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
brandon, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We arrived at Loew's without reservations, and the front desk put us in a room with a view of the Quarter and the river. The rooms are very large and spacious, beds very comfortable with cotton bedding, and incredible water pressure in the shower. The front desk is so helpful and friendly. You need go no further than downstairs to an excellent bar (Swizzle Stick) or to dine at Cafe Adelaide, a Brennan restaurant that is as wonderful as all their others in New Orleans. All in all, self-contained perfection!

Room Tip: We had two rooms. One faced Poydras on the 17th floor, and the other faced the Warehouse District o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is the fifth Hotel I have stayed in since 2009 and probably best, though the Sheraton and Intercontinental were quite nice as well. I booked through Expedia, good rate, was given a 15th floor room with phenomenal views, King Bed, very large. Ordered room service twice and was quick and good. The first time tray was there forever and had to tell Front Desk. Young man at desk said we check every hour-bad answer as it has been there since the night before and it was 4pm the next day. Granted it was served Christmas night, but expect better. Besides that, good service, good gym, great location, very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel possesses a fantastic location. Close to Canal, but away from the noise! Rooms were quite large. The room had very little furniture, so there would have been ample room to add a crib or rollaway. Check-in was very easy, but only efficient. No one mentioned help carrying our bags or help locating a restaurant for the night. The bellmen and other hotel staff were often busy and distracted talking to themselves.
The shower was fabulous! In fact this would be a strong factor to return to this particular hotel! It had the most powerful water pressure that I have had in a hotel! Each of us mentioned the awesome shower to each other. It seems as if all of us were equally impressed by it!
There are no soda machines in the hotel nor is there a market shelf in the hotel. As the amenities list that ice delivered is complimentary, be prepared to keep trying. The machine was broken on our floor, the floor above us, and the floor below. I finally called and requested for some to be delivered. The front desk kept telling me which floors to try. I felt this was a poor tactic that the staff used to get out of customer service. After calling three times reporting back which floors we tried, a simple bucket of ice was delivered.
Bottom line: Great Location, attractive lobby, large rooms and large bathrooms, and the best showers! Hotel staff needs to be prompted to improve customer service is the only complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hard Beds, Tremendous Location, They tried to charge twice as much when I called to extend my reservation and then they suddenly found a better rate, then an even better rate. They have a tremendous location, deecnt bar and decent food. The menu for dinner is very limited and high priced. But then again, location, location, location...

Room Tip: They tried to charge twice as much when I called to extend my reservation and then they suddenly fou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've thought about this for several days....Based on my experience ths hotel caters to business travellers more than tourists. It wasn't a bad choice, but there was nothing to make me say "I'm happy I chose this hotel".

Location - really good, right across from the casino, we walked everywhere. We're not gamblers so we did not go into the casino.
Check in - efficient. The lobby is really nice. Concierge - mixed, started a 11:00 one day when we had questions; provided limited info and almost curt responses. When we asked about taking a bus one day he looked at us like we were crazy. Front desk could not (or would not) answer even a simple question.
Room - spacious king room, view of the river, furniture just OK, no rack for our suitcase which had to rest on the floor or the desk. Clean. Towels OK. Good shower. Quiet.
Breakfast in restaurant - terrible service one day and barely average on another day. Price was OK for hotel breakfast (not as high as I've seen elsewhere).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!