“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tennessee
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel possesses a fantastic location. Close to Canal, but away from the noise! Rooms were quite large. The room had very little furniture, so there would have been ample room to add a crib or rollaway. Check-in was very easy, but only efficient. No one mentioned help carrying our bags or help locating a restaurant for the night. The bellmen and other hotel staff were often busy and distracted talking to themselves.
The shower was fabulous! In fact this would be a strong factor to return to this particular hotel! It had the most powerful water pressure that I have had in a hotel! Each of us mentioned the awesome shower to each other. It seems as if all of us were equally impressed by it!
There are no soda machines in the hotel nor is there a market shelf in the hotel. As the amenities list that ice delivered is complimentary, be prepared to keep trying. The machine was broken on our floor, the floor above us, and the floor below. I finally called and requested for some to be delivered. The front desk kept telling me which floors to try. I felt this was a poor tactic that the staff used to get out of customer service. After calling three times reporting back which floors we tried, a simple bucket of ice was delivered.
Bottom line: Great Location, attractive lobby, large rooms and large bathrooms, and the best showers! Hotel staff needs to be prompted to improve customer service is the only complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hard Beds, Tremendous Location, They tried to charge twice as much when I called to extend my reservation and then they suddenly found a better rate, then an even better rate. They have a tremendous location, deecnt bar and decent food. The menu for dinner is very limited and high priced. But then again, location, location, location...

Room Tip: They tried to charge twice as much when I called to extend my reservation and then they suddenly fou...
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've thought about this for several days....Based on my experience ths hotel caters to business travellers more than tourists. It wasn't a bad choice, but there was nothing to make me say "I'm happy I chose this hotel".

Location - really good, right across from the casino, we walked everywhere. We're not gamblers so we did not go into the casino.
Check in - efficient. The lobby is really nice. Concierge - mixed, started a 11:00 one day when we had questions; provided limited info and almost curt responses. When we asked about taking a bus one day he looked at us like we were crazy. Front desk could not (or would not) answer even a simple question.
Room - spacious king room, view of the river, furniture just OK, no rack for our suitcase which had to rest on the floor or the desk. Clean. Towels OK. Good shower. Quiet.
Breakfast in restaurant - terrible service one day and barely average on another day. Price was OK for hotel breakfast (not as high as I've seen elsewhere).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Quite a nice hotel with very good service. The only "complaint" and I use that word lightly was housekeeping was a bit shy. Like many hotels they dont like to change sheets. In this range of hotel I'd like to have my clean sheets. One day they didnt replenish toilet paper but this is really all I had to complain about so not like it was awful. Perhaps a slight oversight one day.

Check in was great. Polite doorman, polite young man behind the check in desk. Gave us a wonderful room. Lobby is very nice. Common ways very nice. Our room appeared recently renovated. Not brand spanking but with the last year I'd say. Shower door was not installed properly and leaked. I see this in every hotel. No seal hinge side, no seal on the other. That will leak everytime and mold in the tile corners. I dont know why hotels do not watch their contractors closer as like I said I see this everywhere I go.

Anyway I have no real complaints. Its a nice hotel and all the staff I encountered were nice presentable people. All in all it was one of the better stays I have had and I would return to repeat it. Gave me confidence in the name. The location is good for conventions. It is also a very short walk to the quarter. I like to stay off the quarter as you can get away from the noise yet the walk is just a few blocks. Harrahs is accross the street. Mothers is at the end of the block. Weekdays this area can get quiet despite being clustered with many hotels. Aquarium, quarter, convention center all within a few blocks.

If I have anything special to say it would be that I did not encounter a single staff member who was not courteous and well put together.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was here on a conference and was placed on the 20th floor with a view overlooking the Mississippi river. One thing I noticed about this hotel is that they have the most amazing housekeeping. My bed was made perfectly everyday and the bathroom was always fresh. The front desk staffs were more than helpful as well. It is right across the street from the casino and a 10 minutes walk to Canal Street and 15 minutes walk to Bourbon street, which makes it a quiet hotel and will give you the best opportunity to rest after a long day in New Orleans. Too bad we had to pay USD 12.95 for a room internet connection and they charge USD 6 for bottled water.

Room Tip: Pick the highest level possible
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Loews New Orleans in December of 2006 for our wedding (see previous review). I decided to take her back for our 6th anniversary, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. The service, rooms, clenliness, and attention to detail were all first-class. We were treated to a bottle of champagne and some chocolates for being there during our anniversary and being return customers. The staff is very friendly, and nothing is too much to ask. We had a Grand King Riverview Room on the 18th floor, and the veiw was very good. We ate Sunday Brunch at Café Adelaide (on the first floor within the hotel). The service and food was also excellent. We will be back for a third visit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your sharing the special occasions of both your wedding and anniversary with us. We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable product as well as a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit to our city and property.

Loews New Orleans Management Team
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The rooms are gorgeous, and the location is very convenient to the French Quarter and the CBD. Nice toiletries and comfy towels & linens. However, the service was a letdown. From the first person we encountered at the front desk to a variety of doormen, I felt like we were inconveniencing staff members instead of being provided friendly service. The front desk staff member who checked us in wasn't very friendly and gave us incorrect information about our reservation and the wireless internet pricing. Doormen often congregated at the desk inside the lobby and didn't open the front door, which was annoying since I often had my hands full with my baby. Rooms were appointed inconsistently - I had booked the same class of room for another family member, and her room came with an umbrella (very handy in the rain we endured), plus some extra items in the restroom, and our room lacked both of those.

Loews makes a big deal about their "Loews Loves Kids" program on their web site, but it was not as promised. We were traveling with our infant, and were not offered the promised welcome amenity and many of the items mentioned as being available for loan were not carried here. No child-proof kit available either, as mentioned on the site. The program is definitely targeted more towards older children, despite the web site's description sounding appropriate for all children.

Overall, four stars for the room, but they lose a star for the disappointing service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!