“Raining Wedding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Third Night's A Charm
Ranked #36 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Martinville, Louisiana
“Raining Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for our wedding, great customer service!It was rain on the morning of our wedding the staff here let us have a late check out, for us to move back our time. Rev. Samatha McGovern performed our service very flexable with her time around the weather. I would recommend both.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback.

We are delighted that you were pleased with your experience at the Loews New Orleans and that we were able to be apart of this very important occasion. We hope to welcome you back for your first anniversary.

635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were excited to stay there as we booked with the most pleasant customer service reservationist who sold me on an upgraded room, that was supposed to be brand-new renovated. I checked in only to be given a dated, queen-bed room whereas we were supposed to have a King room. We were told we'd switch the following day, yet that turned out to be wrong. Finally, I was delayed in checking out due to cab issues, and was informed rudely by the desk attendant, "You know you're being charged $50 for check out after 3 p.m." I told him, if you have to charge me that's fine, but I wasn't given what I was sold this trip. He simply silently handed me the bill where he charged me $50, with no explanation, no apology, nothing. It was one of my least friendly hospitality encounters to date...Very odd for Loew's.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay in New Orleans. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. The staff at the Loews New Orleans Hotel prides itself on delivering the highest quality service and during your stay we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to speak to you personally in reference to your most recent experience. Please contact us at your convenience at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com. Again, we appreciate your comments and will definitely use them to ensure our services are meeting the expectations of our guests.

Loews New Orleans Management
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here last week for one night and it was an okay stay. The hotel is across the street from the backside of Harrah's casino, and it's not a far walk (for most) to many attractions. Downsides: my toilet gurgled from time to time all night by itself and I could not get my room to cool down cooler than 72, even with the shades drawn.

It's very quiet in this hotel and I ate breakfast at the restaurant. Someone adds way too much salt to the breakfast hashbrowns back in the kitchen.

This was my third trip to New Orleans, and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get away from the elevators and go on a high floor for a view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are very happy that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your feedback on our breakfast service will be shared with our leadership team. We appreciate the feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Loews New Orleans again in the future.
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is not a five star hotel, but it was very nice. We had a very spacious room. Close enough to walk to most attractions. On site restaraunt seemed a little pricey for breakfast. Front desk staff at check in were very helpful and friendly. At other times during our stay they really seemed distant and short when questions were asked. Housekeeping were very quick to respond to our needs of extra pillows and towels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Loews in New Orleans was very modern with nice furnishing. The rooms were excellent, provided a living area with a full couch, desk, etc. Perfect for a business trip. Was able to work out in the room without any problems for space. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a shower and tub, great amentities! It is directly across the street from the casino and within reasonable walking street to Bourban street, etc.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was here for a convention, for 3 nights. My room was spacious and updated, although the decor was rather bland. Ask for a river view - gorgeous, particularly from a high floor. What really stood out for me was the service at this hotel. Without exception, the people were unfailingly friendly and helpful, from the concierge to the bartender, desk clerk, restaurant host, etc. The hotel has a more personal, intimate feel than 1 of the larger chain hotels, which i found very appealing.

As for hotel amenities: restaurant and bar were quite nice and food was pretty good; exercise room was fine; spa was nice enough (i had a good massage).

Overall no complaints whatsoever and i would stay here again next time i'm in town for a meeting.

Room Tip: Higher floor, river view
memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Came to New Orleans with my husband for a convention. To be fair, I am very selective about hotels. We got a decent non convention rate of about $215 a night plus parking plus taxes, plus $16.00 wifi fee. Our first room was their standard, "deluxe king". It was small, with a bath and shower together. I was not a happy camper, so went down to reception, and asked what I would have to pay to upgrade. For $35 more, I got a "luxury" king room. It was considerably larger with a separate enclosed shower. Otherwise, about the same. The best thing about the room, was a great view of the Mississippi River from our 20th floor window.
The furnishing are very generic. The carpet seems new, but there are signs of hard use on the upholstery. Nice flat screen TV, and decent amenities in the bath. Good shower with plenty of hot water.
Our interactions with the staff have been quite lovely, everyone tries to be friendly and helpful. Had lunch in the hotel's dining room. It sounded much better on the menu, than the actual results, which were not very well executed.
In all, I feel Loews New Orleans is a decent hotel, but, except for the staff, nothing exceptional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!