“No Loew Down Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
You are Different Here!
Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“No Loew Down Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at Loews Hotel, August, 2012. The Door staff was very friendly and the Hotel was awesome. When you step into the Loews in New Orleans you automatically feel the electricity of the Big Easy.

You are close to the Action yet far enough away that you don't see or feel any of the Huge crowds from the Quarter. You are also close to Canal Street which will take you almost anywhere in the city you want to go. Downtown is a cool place to hang out as well. You can purchase Home Made Pralines off the street, grab a Lucky Dawg from one of the Street vendors or grab some other sort of street meat as you stroll and gaze in awe of everything the Big Easy has to offer.... Get to Loews, grab a room and live it up a little.....

Room Tip: spend more and you will get more :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I absolutely loved the Lowes Hotel in New Orleans. I have been to New Orleans a couple of times and must say this is the best hotel I have stayed in. It is very centrally located, close to Canal Street, Convention Center, Downtown and not too far from the Superdome. The staff was also very nice. The only item i was disappointed with was the quality of the towels and washcloths. I guess I expected more than 1 ply towels and washcloths at a hotel like the Lowes, but I guess I could be wrong. Other than the towels, I would highly recommend the Lowes, for the outstanding service, ambiance and location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was my second stay at the Loews Hotel in New Orleans. Again, it was a wonderful experience. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and room was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The valet service was very quick. I can't say enough nice things about the staff at the Swizzle Stick bar. The bartenders are always such a joy and make excellent martinis. The location is great because it's close to French Quarter, but not right in it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Staff was very courteous. Location is slightly away from busy (and slightly run-down in places) Canal Street but close enough to get there easily on foot. The French Quarter is also an easy walk.

The room was ready for a technically early 1 p.m. check in and was comfortable. Use of the in-room fridge requires requires requesting a mini-bar key and I was afraid that requesting a key might lead to erroneous mini bar charges (I don't use the mini bar, but I wanted access to the fridge in order to keep water purchased outside cool), but fortunately it did not.

The room rate was very inexpensive given the high quality of the hotel: $99 plus tax, but this was low season (August) as the weather is sweltering there. I would look to stay there again should my travels ever bring me back to New Orleans, albeit not in August!

The front desk and management were very gracious about accommodating an early check out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I visited New Orleans August 9-11, 2012 and stayed at the Lowes hotel; it was bad from the start. I knew I was going to have to pay for parking ($34 per day), so I attempted to go and park my vehicle prior to checking in. Saw that the hotel’s parking was under the building, so drove to the gate to get a ticket and park my vehicle. There were no tickets, no signs, no nothing. At this point, I called and gave a hand motion for one of the valet parkers to provide assistance. He looked at me, made eye contact and walked in the other direction; not to help a customer, but to stand behind the podium. It took about 5-7 minutes to back out of the driveway for parking because it is extremely narrow and it backs onto a very busy street (Poydras St). Once I backed out, I pulled in front of the hotel and a valet parker, not the one I was requesting assistance from but another one, came over to my vehicle. He explained that the hotel had valet parking only, but could not explain why this was not explained during my reservation process and/or why signs were not posted near the parking area. Once inside, the gentleman behind the desk asked how we were doing and I explained how the hotel’s valet parkers were less than helpful and he said “Well in their defense, there are lots of customers out there”; when we arrived, there was only one other car out front and three valet parkers. The gentleman than checked me in, handed me a key and provided my room number; no additional information was provided like “we will be posting a $200 charge to your credit card for incidentals”. Not that I would have minded, but I feel these are things that should be explained during check-in. In that I was in New Orleans, I was keeping an eye on my credit card charges to ensure my card information was not stolen and that’s how I found out about the $200 charge made by the hotel. The room I reserved was a Deluxe King with a view; there was nothing deluxe about the room I received. The toilet ran from the time we arrived until the time we departed, the mattress on the bed felt like I was sleeping on a box spring. Then there was the couch; not only was it uncomfortable, but there was a pink pill in the middle of the cushion (see picture). The ONLY thing about this hotel that was positive was James Arey, the hotel concierge. As bad as everything else was, that’s how great this guy was! He provided outstanding service with a personal touch and was very knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time staying here and it managed to exceed our already high expectations. It's a gorgeous hotel in a nice neighborhood within walking distance to the French Quarter, the river, across from the casino and adjacent to lots of restaurants, as well as locations where many famous movies were filmed! The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay perfect. The Swizzle Stick bar has a gorgeous boat chandelier and an awesome ice block. The prices are very reasonable and bartenders David and Michael are awesome!
The beds are so comfy and th robes are luxurious. We had a grand king suite and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub that overlooked the city!
I absolutely recommend this hotel and it's the only hotel I will ever stay at in New Orleans.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TEXAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I could not have been happier with the accomodations or the service. Amy at the front desk and Rob the door man were fabulous and an asset to the hotel. Our suite was spotless, there were always plenty of towels and toiletries. It is a very lovely hotel. The consierge arranged to have beautiful roses delivered to the room for our anniversary. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!