“Classy and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews New Orleans Hotel

You added Loews New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Loews New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Like a Local
Ranked #20 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Classy and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

PROS:
*steps away from Harrah's Casino, the RiverWalk mall (that has a small bar in it!) and the riverfront
*About 5 blocks from Bourbon street, but only two blocks from Canal Street which has alot of shopping, restaurants, and where you can purchase the streetcar card.
*Hotel's restaurant, Cafe Adelaide was very good for breakfast. The grits and potato hash were delicious. Swizzle Stick bar is a nice ambiance' for hanging outside your room without leaving the hotel. Room was very nice size (we had 2 queen beds).
*Hotel stafff was very friendly was welcoming.

CONS:
- Pricey valet/parking service: $36/night. Which is required because they dont have a self-park garage. So be sure to include all the fees in your expected hotel costs.
- No WiFi in rooms. You have to go down to the lobby/bar area to use the Free WiFi
- walls were kind of thin. Somehow we ended up next to a bridal party and of course they were really loud, but if one we turned the TV up it wasnt so bad.

* The pros definitely out weigh the cons by far, would definitely recommend and stay again myself!

Room Tip: We stayed on 20th floor facing Harrah's/Poydras Street, which gives you a view of the river
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

The hotel is located outside of the French Quarter and not cramped in between buildings like those in the French Quarter...so no stinky smell. Right across from Bally's Casino, a block from the street car line, aquarium, ferry, Riverwalk and close to the warehouse district. Very centrally located.

The decor, spa, fitness center, ambience is fantastic. I got the best rest in a long time. The bathroom had a separate shower stall with a glass door and seperate tub.

The concierge arranged all our tours and the staff was very professional. This hotel also has an indoor spa pool and sauna.

• Stayed May 2012
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank your for your feedback.

We are happy that you found our location and services enjoyable. Our goal is to provide a quality product and service to each of our guests. We hope that in the future we can have another opportunity to have you visit our city and property again.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I spent 10 days at a large conference followed by Jazzfest in NO, splitting my time between the The Windsor Court Hotel and the Loews. Overall, I preferred Loews. The rooms were nicer. The lobbies and decor were quite different between the 2 hotels. Loew's is modern with a brightly lit restaurant and bar in the lobby; at the Windsor Court, it's an older, stuffier, albiet fancier, more elegant lobby. Both had very nice staff, but I think the Loews had a leg up on getting me into restaurants and being generally there to help. Also, I left something behind in my Windsor Court room and it was never recovered. The gym at the Loews is bigger and better, but only has an indoor lap pool, whereas the Windsor Court has an outdoor pool that was about twice as wide as a lap pool. it also had a nice outdoor seating area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We are delighted that you found your experience and the services at the Loews New Orleans hotel enjoyable. We hope to be able to have you with us again soon.
Franklin, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Excellent service by all staff and in a great location. The staff opens the door for you whenever you enter or exit the building, a very nice touch. The concierge was very helpful in making recommendations for dinner and tours. The hotel is also right in the heart of the action; Right across the street from the Harrah's Casino and very close to the French Quarter. There are many things to do in the area and you are able to walk to the majority of them. The one drawback is that the heat and humidity are very high so you should dress accordingly.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Mississippi River if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I booked a 3 night weekend stay going until monday for 174.99/night... When I called to cancel my sunday night and change it to a 2 night stay.. they told me I would have to pay 349.99 a night for the first 2 nights....Since when does changing your reservation change the price of your entire stay? What kind of scam is this hotel running? I have canceled hotel rooms and shaved off nights from plenty of other Hotels and never have I ever been told that my fare would be changed to the current rate... What the hell is going on? Terrible customer service over the phone. Nobody makes sense and they all say the same, scriptures quote that "rates are subject to change." WIll never book with them again...and you better make sure you don't either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Loews is known for their beautiful and plush hotels. As I arrived I was immediately greeted by an excellent valet crew, which asked me if I needed help with anything as they opened the door to a comfortable lobby. But then and there I was faced with the prospect of waiting in this lobby while the several people in front of me waited to get checked in. Only one person was there to check people into their rooms. Now this is just not what you want to be the first impression by your guests. When my turn finally came up, I informed the young woman behind the counter that "Never let your newly arrived guests wait in the lobby." she said her compatriot was in the bathroom. I asked for the manager and was told he was not available. What??? No manager available?
Aside from all of that, the rooms are very nice, quite large, and the bed is the most comfortable I've ever been in at a hotel. Pillows are like sleeping in a soft hand. Elevators are fast, too. The attached bar and restaurant is pretty expensive. Food is good, but expensive, and a lowball gin and tonic will cost you $11.00 US. Three blocks away you can get a drink for $4.50.
Our room was facing a parking lot on the 13th floor. At night, the music from across the street was very loud and went through our walls like nothing. Facing the river would have been better.
Overall the staff is courteous and attentive.

Room Tip: Face the river!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay in New Orleans. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced upon arival. The staff at the Loews New Orleans Hotel prides itself on delivering the highest quality service and during your stay we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to speak to you personally in reference to your most recent experience. Please contact me at your convenience. Again, we appreciate your comments and will definitely use them to ensure our services are meeting the expectations of our guests.

Jerry Reyes
Director of Rooms
Loews New Orleans Hotel
300 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
jreyes@loewshotels.com
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I chose one of Loews "Uniquely Local Offers" for a spa package. The service we received from all staff members was excellent. The front desk clerk upgraded our room and sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne. The couples massage we recieved at Balance Spa was wonderful. We were very pleased with our overall experience at the hotel and will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

We are very happy to have been able to be a part of your anniversary experience. At the Loews New Orleans we pride ourselves in being able to provide a unique and memorable experience to each of our guests. We hope to have you visit our city and property again in the future.

Been to Loews New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!