We reserved this B&B because it was in a list as the best B&B in N.O. I've to say that the place was nice, the room was clean and cosy and the living room was comfortable. You have a streetcar stop that takes you to the French Quarter literally in front of the B&B, and some restaurants and shops at walking distance.
There were however two major flaws:
- Everything, starting by the owner's attitude, was very pretentious. The furniture and decor was as if the interior designer was a rich old lady. It could be that we were a young couple and this kind of decadence is targeted to old couples, I don't know. There were plastic cups pretending to be glass in the breakfast table. Breakfast itself was not very impressive, althought the owner was selling it as it was heaven on earth. In general, I perceived the attitude from the owners that they were always right, not very helpful in dealing with little problems or inconveniences that may arise and that we were lucky to be in their place (when it's actually the opposite, they are the ones making money with our stay) I had the feeling the owners way of making you feel good was repeating to you 100 times how good they were, instead of doing something about it.
- Neighborhood: average neighborhood with no charm. Kind of close to bad areas, so you couldn't walk to French Quarter even if it was just 30 mins walk.
Imho, not a really bad place to be, but not fantastic either. I would go to a nicer neighborhood next time in NO
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1896 O’Malley House Bed & Breakfast is located in historic Mid-City New Orleans. We are just a 10 to 15 minute STREETCAR RIDE DOWN CANAL ST. to the French Quarter and Convention Center. The Colonial Revival residence is nestled in a neighborhood that boasts great food, music and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your 1896 O'Malley House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1896 o`Malley House b&b
- 1896 o`Malley House Hotel New Orleans