“Nice stay, decent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel

You added Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice stay, decent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here for my 30th bday (September 2013). The hotel was nicely decorated and the staff was super friendly. We reserved a double room and when we entered it smelled a bit musty but it subsided when we turned on the AC. Our room was on the inside rim of the hotel so our view was of the inside of the hotel (lobby etc).

There was also a spot for a small fridge but no fridge. I asked the front desk and in less than 10 min they had one in our room. The guy put it in but turned it on the coldest setting so it would cool down faster for us but we didn't know how to turn it down and I had to defrost a milk ice chunk every morning for breakfast:) we never bothered to ask how...it's Nola and it wasn't on our minds to ask until I had to defrost the dang thing.

The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size. We had no complaints about cleanliness. There was a full length mirror in the room with a plug located right next to it so I could get ready while my friend showered.

The room came with a hair dryer and a magnifying mirror. They feature aveda products.

The hotel is a 10 min walk to canal street and is located close to the casino. There's also two bars across the street (Lucy's and The District). The district has great bloody Mary's and Lucy's is a great place to grab a late night snack to get a leg up on the inevitable nola hangover.

One last thing...our interior view included a view of a sculpture garden. There's a sculpture of a dude sitting upright leaning against something and when the drapes were open it was just plain creepy. My friend kept thinking it was someone just sitting there.

Overall, it was a good stay especially since we got such a great deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an exterior view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here the last week of September. This is a great location, close to the streetcar, the hop on hop off bus stop, good restaurants, the waterfront, the casino and easy walking distance to the French Quarter.
The amenities were perfect. Lounge / restaurant on the main floor. Swimming pool, workout room on the top floor of the hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable.
And finally, loved the staff!! Everyone from the bellmen to the bartenders were friendly and accommodating. We were grateful for the advice when we were trying to decide what we should see and where we should go during our five days in New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed for a night at hotel renaissance . and the toilertries were high quality. They charge u extra for wifi but other wise services were pretty good. Decors were good. We had a very comfortable stay. recommended

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

From check-in to check-out, this place was great! We were in New Orleans for our fifth wedding anniversary and upon check-in we were congratulated and upgraded to "Elite" members, which meant we got a free breakfast every day we stayed! The breakfast buffet is regularly $10/person. Hotel is within walking distance to both a street car station AND Bourbon St. $3 day pass for the trolly which was a great deal. There's a great bar across the street called Lucy's, which has free chips/salsa at happy hour and their food is really good, too. Back to the hotel - room was cleaned every morning, there was a pool and hot tub on the roof. We had a room facing the street and the noise was minimal. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to have fun in NOLA and to get away from the craziness of Bourbon Street when it's time for bed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel had a very nice lobby and was in a great location. The normal room rate was quite expensive considering the amenities and that it was New Orleans, not New York. The first impression of my room was not a good one, a huge stain on the floor at the entry way. It definitely was disappointing to start things off. The room was huge and nicely furnished. The bathroom was a bit disappointing as well - it was huge but seemed to lack counter space and a trash can.

The stay overall was uneventful and everything was taken care of. Aside from the cleanliness of the carpets in the room and the disappointing bathroom design, it seemed to be a decent hotel that would be worth recommending if the room rate wasn't too much. There were a number of other major properties within blocks, so there are a number of options nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the front of the hotel have bright lights shining into them all night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here recently for a couple of nights and enjoyed it very much. The rooms were nice and the service was very friendly and helpful. The only annoyance was the added fee for wi-fi. It seems I can get free wi-fi at sub $100 a night hotels, so when you spend $300 plus a night an additional $12.95 seems a little much.
Has a nice pool and workout area on the roof.
Hotel has a nice location in the warehouse district, try Mother's on Poydros for breakfast, it was phenomenal!

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room if you want a good view facing the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a convention at the convention center nearby. I have stayed at a number of other hotels for conventions, but this was my first time at the Renaissance. I was pleased when I walked in the door at the spacious, modern, nicely-appointed lobby and the easy availability of clerks to help me check in. The check-in process was smooth and efficient, and they recognized by status with marriott and gave me a nice cold bottle of water. It was very much appreciated, especially since so many of the Marriott hotels that I've stayed at over the years don't do anything whatsoever except give me a card key that says that I am a preferred guest. The room itself was on the 3rd floor looking out over a side street. It was a nice, spacious room, with a nice work area and an very nice bathroom. Wi-Fi was free because of my preferred guest status (otherwise it was $12.95 a day), and it was pretty fast and very easy to connect to. The room I stayed in could be connected to another room to make a 2-bedroom suite via two lockable doors.

When I went to bed on Saturday night, it had been nice and quiet, and I had read for about 30 minutes before turning off the light. Shortly afterwards, some younger guys and girls came into the adjoining room and started partying. At about 12:45, I called down to the front desk and asked them to quiet them down. The problem was two-fold: 1) that they were partying and loud; and 2) that the door between the two rooms was as thin as paper, had a gap of about a half an inch, letting the light through and all the noise with no muffling whatsoever. Shortly thereafter, the hotel security arrived and talked to the people, and they quieted down. For about 45 minutes. Then they started right up again. I called security again. Security knocked on their door and they quieted down again. Until 4:45 am, when their partying erupted once more. I called security again. They came up and knocked on the door and they quieted down for the remaining few hours before I had to get up (at 6:30 am). I asked the front desk to move me or move them or keep them in check, as they were staying for a couple more nights as was I. They claomed that they were full (which probably was true, as Monday night football was going to occur two days hence in the stadium that is about a mile away), but they said that they would check periodically to keep them quiet after midnight. For whatever reason, Sunday night was quiet, but Monday night was non-stop noise not only in the room adjacent to mine, but in several rooms along the corridor. Same thing Tuesday night (my last night, thank God!). I got almost no sleep for 4 nights, and since I had to get up by 6:30 each morning, and these partyers did not, I was a zombie by the end of my stay. For this I paid close to $200 a night. On top of the noise, the bed had four pillows that were not down, but rather filled with something exceptionally uncomfortable that gave me a stiff neck. I tried sleeping under them, between the cracks of two of them, sideways and every which way, but the pillows were miserable, and the front desk said that they had no other pillows. I would never stay here again just due to these awful pillows alone.

The rooftop pool is small, and there is a little hot tub nearby. I didn't use it because it was filled with partyers each time I went up. I had a friend staying on another floor who had similar experiences, and she also could not get hotel security to effectively quiet down the partying people on her floor.

This could be a great hotel, given the location and the facility, but if the management prefers to cater to the partyers rather than the business people and families, then they will lose people like me who will not stay there a second time.

Room Tip: It's not the room, it's whoever are in the adjacent rooms that counts.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!