“Very good for New Orleans!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel

You added Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #49 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Quebec City, Canada
“Very good for New Orleans!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was modern, clean, comfortable. The pool on the roof was fantastic. The service was good. The breakfast in the restaurant was a little expensive but the quality was OK. It was near the convention center, and I felt safe to walk there during daylight.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I was very excited to spend a night at this hotel. All of the beautiful photos of the art in the lobby and in the surrounding areas of the hotel, were really what was drawing me to stay here.
First impression, the bellmen were quite friendly and were eager to serve the customers.
When I stepped into the hotel I did feel as if though I Had entered an art gallery. The lobby was quite beautiful. However, the Receptionist that greeted me did not acknowledge that I was a Marriott Member and was very short in conversation. The room was clean but average. The housekeepers were very friendly just as the bellman. But overall I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Grayslake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Came for my hubbies 40th b-day....very dissapointed!!!!...The hotel overall was average, the amenities, quality of food, service were AT BEST average. I wish I spent a little more on a better hotel. The beds were not that comfortable and certainly needed a little updating. There was a brown stain (not sure what it was) on the inside of our duvet...yuck....along with a few random strands of long black hair....we both have blonde hair....inside the sheets. It made me wonder about if they really changed the sheets.

My advice, stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A co-worker and myself stayed for a long girls weekend on Memorial Day. The hotel was bright and clean. Everyone from the valet out front to the front desk workers and housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the art work placed around the hotel. It was close enough to Canal street and the french quarter to walk in a couple of minutes but far enough away that is was very quiet. Lucy's Retired Surfer Bar was right across the steet and the tacos were excellent! All in all had a great time and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 1 night in July 2013. We make several trips to New Orleans each year and the Renaissance Arts is our favorite hotels. The room we stayed in was the biggest room by far of any we have stayed in among 4 star hotels. It's atmosphere doesn't feel like a typical New Orleans hotel. We loved the artwork. The service from the valets and the front desk were excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is perfectly acceptable, in that it is clean, feels new (though the carpet in my room was already stained), and has a nice location in the Central Business District, in walking distance to bars and restaurants and a slightly longer walk to the French Quarter. Price was good when I stayed there at just over a hundred dollars a night. The staff is nice/friendly and moved my room quickly when I complained about the very loud noise of people partying in the room next door. All that said, it basically just feels like a regular chain hotel but with an airier layout. The windows don't open so you still have that 'hotel' feel even though the building was once some kind of warehouse. The pool on the roof is nice if a bit plain, and has a good view. All in all I would say this hotel is perfectly serviceable (much better/cleaner than the W Hotel around the corner) but not really a 'wow' property to me.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just returned from a six-night stay at this hotel. Fabulous location in the newly-renovated warehouse section of New Orleans -- close to the WW II museum, art galleries and a number of new restaurants -- while still within walking distance of the French Quarter (about a 15-minute walk)

Our room was lovely -- faced the street, lots of light and a nice size for a longer stay. My one complaint was spotty maid service. When we arrived, there were "leftovers" in the refrigerator from previous guests. We cleaned that up, but the candy wrappers under the nightstand seemed a bit much for the maids to miss. Worse, six nights later, the wrappers were still there! Otherwise, the staff was friendly and helpful. Altogether a good stay in a great part of town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple