“Terrific value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel

You added Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #48 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Brooklyn, New York
“Terrific value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

A real bargain with great service in a cool (for a Marriott) hotel. The hotel is in the hip Warehouse district within walking distance of a lot to see and do. Highly recommend the stay for breakfast rate as the buffet is great. Loved those grits. Miniscule rooftop pool but perfectly nice.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at this property for the first two days prior to the NCAA Final Four. I had been looking at this hotel on line, and was intrigued by what I saw. I was able to book it on the Marriott site on Monday prior to our arrival on Wednesday. My fiancee was a coach and needed to attend the coaches convention which was being held at the Convention Center and the Hilton. This was my first time to New Orleans, and this hotel did not disappoint. I had read some reviews of this hotel which were not 100% positive, and I was a little concerned, but the price was right and it was down the street from where we needed to be.

When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. I've stayed and hundreds of "traditional" Marriott properties, so I am always excited when I find one that isn't "just like all the others." We checked in and they had upgraded us to one of the suites on the 4th floor. The outside hallway makes it look like you are entering the outside of a house. Each room even had a doorbell. The room was immaculate, and while the bathroom was small, it didn't matter because we had two as well as a living room area. Our room overlooked the courtyard area.

We would stay here again without question. This hotel is unique, close to everything, but not in the middle of everything. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did try to add 4 nights to our stay, but the rate (because of the Final Four) were triple what we were paying so chose to move to another Marriott property in Metairie.

We used the concierge lounge on two mornings. It is a small lounge, and opens and closes, and removes food precisely at the time it says, not one minute more.

The roof top pool is great. You can see all over the city which is fun. However the pool itself is very small. The workout room is excellent and provides multiple options.

You do NOT need a car at this property (or in New Orleans for that matter) as parking is at a premium and valet parking is very expensive here. The blocks are short and you can walk to the convention center, Harrah's, Riverwalk and multiple restaurants easily. All are within about a 10 minute walk.

We ate desert in the restaurant which was great, and they even have rootbeer floats which you don't often see on any hotel menus.

They stock the showers and bath with Aveda products, and the beds are very comfortable.

If we are back here again we will certainly consider staying here. I only wished we could have afforded to stay for the entire weekend.

If you are looking for late night food, the Ernst Cafe is a bar that serves great burgers and chicken sandwiches (about 4 or so blocks away). We got in late and were hungry, the two bars which are on the same street were not what we were looking for (loud and bar food), and the bummer was the restaurants all stopped serving at 10AM on the weeknights. Which sort of surprised me since we were in a city which I thought would be open "all night"

Room Tip: We stayed in room 467 which is one of 7 suites in the hotel. It was in a great location, and the roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The art is beautifully displayed inside this hotel. The hotel is located in the warehose district and in walking distance to restuarants and shopping. The staff was less than attentative and service was "spotty". Carpet in my room was soiled and in need of cleaning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is fantastic and located in an ideal location (Warehouse district). It close enough to the French Quarter to walk but far away enough to be a retreat from the mess! The hotel is immaculate and beautiful. I found the beds to be comfortable and well appointed. The towels provided were also plush. Please visit the rooftop pool and hottub; it gives a great view of the city. I'd stay here again when I can't afford the Ritz :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Raceland, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Renaissance Arts Hotel for a Sade concert. I chose this hotel because of its roof top pool but eveything about the hotel was perfect. Received an incredible deal on the hotel through LMT! Check in was simple and fast. You'd have a nice walk or I recommend catching a cab from the hotel to Bourbon St if you're going party. Looking foward to staying again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Great Plains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We bid on priceline for a hotel in the warehouse district so had no input into which hotel other than price. We got the Renaissance and it was a wonderful surprise! Beautiful in a fresh, brightly colored decor - the artwork around the hotel is very interesting and atypcial for hotels. The lobby is scented with something that smelled fresh and inviting! The rooms were appointed nicely, and the bed was divine! We'd consider buying one of their beds for our home!! Location was good for us - near WW II Museum, and close enough to walk to restaurants in the French Quarter. And it was very, very quiet! We'd definitely recommend this hotel for the quality it has, the friendly service, and it's location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Westwood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This property is a 10 minute walk to the middle of the convention center & 15 min walk to bourbon street also the casino is about 6 mins by foot.

The rooms are nice and beds are comfy as well.

So here is my problem. I had an early morning flight and had to be at airport for 515am.

I went to the valet and asked how I can arrange for a cab that early. He took my name and room info and told mere would have a car waiting for me. Woke up in the morning,got dressed and walked to the entrance and could see it was pouring rain out. So walked out and waited for a good 15 mins and no car. The lobby was all dark so I called a cab on my own and made it to airport with no problem. So your asking yourself what's the problem?

Well I contacted hotel and spoke to manager and all he had to say it sounded like a scam! You should have come inside to the front desk and we would have made arrangements for you and that valet are outsourced.

My response to that is when you have someone out front with a name tag greeting guests then he is a extension of you and represents the property. You should of just said I'm sorry and I will take a look into it. Instead you didn't really care. Show some leadership because I will tell you now that it just shows how much Marriott cares about its clients .

If you want to be treated well take my word this place is comfy but your just a number like most otherMarriott properties where status is nothing.

If you can I recommend the W on Poydras much nicer stay and the staff cares!

And one last thing to the manager your in New Orleans give people a reason to comeback besides for mardi gras and jazz fest. Because your treatment sure won't .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!