“Nice & Comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel

You added Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
madisonville
“Nice & Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here with a group of ladies for our HS reunion that was held at a local place downtown.. Was very reasonable priced, rooms were nice & so was hotel... Do not recommend the breakfast bar in the morning.. cost $18.00 & was terrible.....

Room Tip: cheaper to book through expedia or another site than straight through hotel website
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is in a good location where there is a laid back vibe,but if you walk 10-15 minutes you are on crazy Boubon street or canal st.Then you can walk 5 min to the casino that could be a good thing or bad thing.The hotel is very nice inside and very clean.They did mess up my reservations arrived there with 2 others freinds and they tried to give me a room with one bed.They did fix the issue with giving me a hospitality suite that i loved.The staff is great and they go out of there way to help you.The parking is high 27.00 dollars but the funny thing about that is i parked on the street one day and wake up to late and got a ticket and the ticket was only 20.00 so it is cheaper to get a ticket then to park there.The rooftop pool is small but nice the view is nice and we were there the 4th of july and the fire works was amazing from the pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

From the moment we stepped out of our vehicle, and began dealing with Evans and the other wonderful valet/bellmen, we were treated like VIP customers. The front desk staff (especially Rose), the navigator, and the valets (especially Evans) were phenomenal. The staff greeted me by name at every encounter. Evans pointed out many restaurants and experiences that we wouldn't have tried otherwise. The valets are very knowledgable, and very generous with their time to make your experience enjoyable.

The location of this hotel is ideal. Right in the heart of the Warehouse/Arts district, and yet 3 blocks from the convention center and Riverwalk, close to the French Quarter, near the streetcar stops and the ferry. You couldn't ask for anything more. Every merchant or staff person we dealt with in the Warehouse District was friendly. We felt safe, even walking with young girls after dark. There is art everywhere--inside the hotel, and all around the district--beautiful buildings, sculptures, paintings, etc.

The highlight for us was the rooftop pool and hot tub. At night it was so wonderful to lie back in the pool, staring at the stars. The rooms were spacious and immaculately clean. The large flat-screen TV's were very nice, and I made constant use of the safe. The walls were insulated very well. We stayed while we were competing in the Junior Olympics and were right in the middle of the block of rooms for young athletes and their families. Over my 6-night stay, I heard a man sneeze outside my door one time. Other than that, I did not ever hear another guest. For days I thought we had no neighbors. The smell of the hotel is sweet and floral, and adds to the overall experience. We loved the fruited water in the lobby, and grabbed a glass every time we passed. We are already trying to figure out how quickly we can get back for another visit. This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way.

Located 1/2 block from Emeril's, and across the street from Lucy's. Half Moon and Daisy Duke's deliver here until the early morning hours. Be sure to take advantage of all that's right there around you--including your staff!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor, facing Lucy's Bar, and loved it. Look or ask for Evans at the valet...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Spent 3 nights over St Joseph's weekend...the room was standard/typical but the public areas are very interesting. Lots of artfully decorated open spaces including a sculpture garden and a gallery space. Didn't swim in the rooftop pool, but had a look and it seemed nice.
Location is good for most purposes. Less than 10 minutes' walk to Canal St and the start of the French Quarter - conveniently close, but far enough away to avoid the crowds and noise. We went to a Hornets (basketball) game at the arena and that was also only a 10-15 minute walk. The St Josephs parade in Central City was a quick trip via public transportation.
The area immediately around the hotel also has some good attractions, including a clothing boutique across the street, an Australian-themed bar a few doors down, and "Lucy's" restaurant/bar also on Tchoupitoulas St.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at the Renaissance (first review) and once again it did not disappoint! I lived in New Orleans for 7 years previsouly and return monthly to visit friends, but rarely stay in hotels. After a couple of times here, I have no reason to stay anywhere else. The service was impeccable, particularly for Nola, as any local knows. The concierge called me a couple of days before to confirm a few requests I made and greeted us on arrival. The bell man was extremely friendly and talkative as he brought our bags up and explained the layout of the hotel and what part of town we were in. Whenever we returned to the hotel we were always greeted with a smile and "Hello". I cannot say enough about the staff all around.
The room and condition of the hotel were also both up to Marriott standards. The hotel as an artsy theme to it that fits in with the warehouse district which makes it unique from many hotels. The room was clean and comfortable with the standard amemities. My only complaint was that the walls must be thin, because we could occasionally hear the people next to us talking.
I particularly like staying in the warehouse district. I think it provides a central location to get to both the Quarter and Uptown/Garden District. Both are about a $10 cab ride away. Lucy's, Vic's. amd Wino were some of my favorite bars when I lived here, so it is also nice to have them within a couple blocks. And Emeril's, Tommy's, and Cochon are also nearby.
I have no doubts I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
iluvdatiger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times had a good experience. When you walk into the lobby of the hotel, you should immediately notice the fantastic smelling candles. It's a very spa-ish relaxing, rejuvenating smelling lobby thanks to those candles. I liked them so much I am buying them for my house! The hotel has lots of cool art and sculptures throughout the building. The rooms are a good size as well as the bathrooms. The location is good if you are planning to do things other than hang out in the quarter. It is surrounded by great restaurants within walking distance in the warehouse district. It is across the street from Lucy's Surfer Bar, which we really love. It's close to the WWII museum and there is a good little restaurant in there for the lunch crowd. Tommy's is a good restaurant for dinner near there. There is also a restaurant downstairs that we ate at for breakfast called La Cote Brasserie. I have heard dinner there is good. This hotel is also pretty close to Harrah's casino and the Riverwalk. I like staying here and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

OK, I've been meaning to write a review about our stay at the Renaissance Arts Hotel in New Orleans for some time now and even now I can still relish our stay at this splendid Warehouse District hotel which is a part of the Marriot family.

I had planned to go to New Orleans to take my 13 year old grandson who is fascinated with old school jazz and wanted to visit the real "birthplace of jazz" along with finding out how the people of New Orleans are faring after the horrors of Hurricane Katrina. I searched high and low to choose a place that would be best for traveling with a youngster and was thrilled to find that my research (along with reviews from the Trip Advisor members) landed us in just the right place.

Renaissance Arts Hotel is beautiful, and I'm not exaggerating. On arrival, you are greeted by the most friendly valet staff who open your car door and do a great job of really giving you that warm southern greeting without all the pretense. I love these guys! Now, getting real, the valet situation is very pricey ($30 day) and a little weird, the hotel does not have onsite parking, so they take you car down the street to a parking lot so when you need your car, best to call first as you can be waiting for 15 minutes or more to get it back. If your creative like me, you can find street parking all around the hotel, just need to either watch the meter or find non-metered spots and no worries, this is a very safe and nice area to walk around and park as it is in the restored warehouse arts district near many art galleries, restaurants, cafes and clubs so you could literally hang out in this neighborhood all day and night and have a great time away from The French Quarter and there is plenty of public transportation if you're not driving like we choose to do.
Now, back to the Renaissance Arts Hotel -- this restored warehouse space on Tchoupitoulas Street is big, spacious, modern and totally artsy. We loved the Chihuly glass pieces displayed in the lobby, quite unique and lends well to high ceilings and open space of the lobby area. Nice touch! They have a fabulous atrium, plenty of lounge spaces to sit and admire the lower level along with the seafood restaurant LaCôte Brasserie which features a transparent kitchen area where you can watch the chefs at work. Normally, I dislike hanging about the hotel but the Renaissance Arts is a definite exception to this rule.
The double room we booked was ready at our early arrival and was emasculate, spacious and nicely appointed with comfortable beds and a big bathroom too! Every amenity is offered at this 4 star property that nicely mimics a 5-star hotel. The front desk staff were a bit stuffy in comparison to the valets but overall, they do their jobs and are available when needed. For both my grandson and me, we loved the rooftop pool and whirlpool tub that overlooks the city and spent a lot of time basking in the sun on comfy lounge chairs and swimming before hitting the French Quarter for a day of fun.

Don't think twice if you're looking for a nice place to be during your trip to New Orleans and opt to stay at the Renaissance Arts Hotel in the warehouse arts district, especially if you don't relish staying in the noisy Quarter and prefer to find a respite from the havoc. This place is brilliant! We can't wait to plan another trip to stay here again, -- à bientôt!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!