“CockRoaches and a bad attitude” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites New Orleans

You added Homewood Suites New Orleans to your Saves list
Homewood Suites New Orleans
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Spa Atlantis Offer!
Ranked #82 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Chicago, United States
“CockRoaches and a bad attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had five people and two had to cancel due to business conflicts. Even though a queen suite was available, they would not move us from our king suite so we could save a few dollars because thier policy does not allow modifications to the reservation. That is just wrong - and then the attitude when explaining it was that I knew it was not modifiable and I am the one at fault. Then when we checked in we saw a cockraoch on the kitchen counter and they still would not move us, because now they were supposedly full. No offer for reduced rate for the inconvenience - just all bad attutide towards customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear William B,
Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites New Orleans. Please accept my apology that your experience with our hotel was not what you had hoped and what we would have liked for you. Upon receiving your review I discussed internally and our chief engineer and executive housekeeper were aware of your notification and are sure this was an isolated incident. Additionally, we do have a prevention program and our vendor was called in and they assured us that this was an isolated incident as well. I want to assure you that it isn't that we didn't want to update your reservation as requested, but that we could not accommodate your request without inconveniencing another guest. Rooms during your stay for Jazz Festival were fully reserved and paid for and unfortunately, we simply did not have the rooms available to assist. I'm sorry if you were made to feel at fault, it can be difficult for us to have to tell our guests no when we want to say yes every time. We appreciate you sharing your stay experience and hope to serve you in the future should you decide to give us another opportunity.
Sincerely, Jennifer Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood suites for a convention in NOLA. I was very pleased with our stay! The staff was overly friendly and the property was clean and well kept! The rooms were a nice size and included a kitchenette with a full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave and a 2 burner stove. Once in our room we did not hear any noise coming from the halls, slamming doors etc. Rooms are very quite....They are in the process of getting new furniture for some of the rooms. The leather sofa in our room was ripped really bad, but upon checking in that was one of the first things they pointed out to us. They apologized about the inconvenience! I would stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear greatstateofla,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return. Our suites are some of the largest in New Orleans and all the complimentary amenities make a nice perk! We are very excited about our upcoming renovations this summer. We are calling them quiet renovations as they will really be self contained in the guest rooms until the lobby is renovated and with no jack-hammering in the suites should go relatively smoothly. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards, Jennifer
Corona de tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at other Homewood Suites that we're fresher & had more current furnishings that didn't show signs of wear. We checked in early, which was convenient so we could get to the Jazz Festival that afternoon. Front desk people weren't consistently pleasant. Kylie, the concierge, was extremely helpful in getting us on some great tours given the time we had to spend in New Orleans. I expected the breakfasts & dinners would reflect the local cuisine, and I was disappointed that it did not.

• Stayed May 2014
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Gbamberger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my apologies that your stay with us wasn't what you have come to expect from Homewood Suites by Hilton. I have shared your feedback with our team for additional training for consistency in service. I'm happy to hear that Kylie was a definite bright spot during your stay. We are planning a full renovation this summer which will lighten and update our entire hotel's decor. We are really excited about the updates. I hope that you will give us a chance to show you that your recent experience was the exception in the near future.

Sincerely, Jennifer Jones
San Antonio TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights for work. A lot of little things added up to a stay that was not up to the Hilton standards I am accustomed to. The room was very sparse in furnishings (and those that were there were worn), the room phone didn't work (and my cell phone call to the front desk went unanswered), the TV remotes were inoperable, and a weak skimpy shower. I realize it's NOLA and hotels are pricey, but I'd hoped for better quality than this for the price.

Two bright spots - the Valet Parking attendants were great! Fast with the cars and friendly. And, although the hotel is worn, it was very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer_H_Jones901, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Flavorchick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate feedback and share it constantly with our internal team to work toward a better stay for our guests. I'm glad you found the valet quick with your vehicle and the hotel clean overall. We are very excited that our renovations are being planned for early July this summer which will address the furniture in the suite and as well the carpet, appliances, decor overall and throughout the hotel. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you should you return to New Orleans in the future.

My best, Jennifer
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I got in at noon and decided to see if an early check in was available. The front desk was kind of rude and it seemed like I was inconveniencing him. He said no to an early check in without even looking up my room or asking for my name. The door man was nice enough to check my bags for me until my room was ready. I came back at check in time (3:00), but waited in the lobby until 4:45 before my room was ready. I asked the front desk person why my room wasn't ready and he said a diamond member requested a late check out. I understand the status thing, but what does that have to do with my reservation (I have a gold status). Concierge was helpful while I waited. The room was pretty dated. The couch was so torn up, I didn't want to sit on it. I have stayed at at least 12 Hilton affiliated hotels this year for work/vacation and have had great experiences on all but this place. I just expected a little more for over 500 dollars a night. Would not stay here again.

Dear David S.,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. Please accept my apologies for any rudeness you encountered upon arrival to the hotel regarding an early check-in and the condition of the room that didn't meet your expectations. We communicate constantly with the suite attendants and engineers to determine if early check ins are available. During busy times we don't give early check-ins to insure that suite attendants and engineering have an opportunity to get into the suites to make any corrections between guests departing and arriving so everything is working for your arrival. I do note that specific room types typically can take a little longer such as the one you requested as we have very few and we do have to wait for the current guest to depart before we can enter. We will be upgrading the entire hotel beginning early July so I hope you will give us another opportunity if you should return to New Orleans in the future. Sincerely, Jennifer Jones
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Work conference in Nola, took my wife and 3 year old daughter. Good customer service, had some issues with check in, got upgraded to a 2 bedroom. Kylie, the concierge, was great with providing info on activities for my wife and daughter. My daughter also loved how nice Kylie was to her! Hotel is nice, although the in room furniture and pool area could use updates. Great location didn't need to get our car out the whole time we were here. My daughter really enjoyed riding the street cars that were only two blocks away.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your visit with us in New Orleans. We are delighted that you enjoyed our location and your daughter had a great time. We are excited to advise that we will be renovating the hotel beginning in early July and will address all issues that you encounter with the wear and date of our decor and furniture in the hotel. I'm glad these issues did not impair your visit with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon, Jennifer Jones
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had a great experience, the trip advisor was excellent, she was knowledgable and friendly. The location is great for WW-II museum and French Quarter. Many places of interest and ease of using transit or cabs.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear CaptainLouisiana,

Thank you for selecting Homewood Suites for your visit to New Orleans. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our concierge was a great source of information to assist in making your visit enjoyable.

We hope to see you again soon, Jennifer Jones

Been to Homewood Suites New Orleans? Share your experiences!