“Mardi Gras at the Parisian Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Parisian Courtyard Inn

You added The Parisian Courtyard Inn to your Saves list
The Parisian Courtyard Inn
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   1726 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Longpre Guest House) (Lower Garden District)   |
Ranked #27 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Sugar Land
“Mardi Gras at the Parisian Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We have stayed twice for MardiGras weekend and reallly had fun. We missed last year because Jess books up with weddings. Old house,beautifully restored,in a central local for parades. 1 block from st.Charles good corner bar near by Aveune pub. Clean rooms, nice welcome gifts each time. Close to parade so you can restock or use the downstairs common RR. Jesse takes care to provide a variety of breakfast juices,coffees and rolls,cereals etc. We will be here ready to party for 2012 Mardi Gras.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Thibodaux, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I took my girlfriend to New Orleans for her birthday and wanted somewhere nice and quiet to stay. This place was perfect!! Jesse and Rose are wonderful and do everything to accomodate you and make your stay simply amazing!! Rooms are large and comfortable. Minutes from downtown. We had a great time and will definetly be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I saw the pictures, and I knew how pretty the Garden District is, but walking through the front door of the Parisian Courtyard Inn was still a perfect thrill. This is a gem. Restored from a run-down hostel, it's a perfectly located oasis with balconies around the second floor, a grand staircase made for photos, and a double parlor with beautiful light. Each room is different and uniquely decorated (couples, try and book Room 4!).

I brought 10 of my friends with me to New Orleans for three nights over Halloween weekend, and we took over 5 rooms in this B&B. I can't say enough good things. Jesse bent over backward to be hospitable and take care of everything we needed (even so far as to let us use his computer to print out event tickets), Annette told us about its history over breakfast in the parlor, and Rose, the housekeeper, took such good care of the rooms and our stuff in our absence. Especially for the price, this is an unbelievable value. I'll stay here every time I come to New Orleans (and there will be many more times). My entire group was impressed - you should've heard the 'oohs' and 'aahs' when we checked in!

We took the streetcar (easy, and close), walked when we had time, called cabs when we didn't (never more than 5 minutes to call a cab). The neighborhood is quiet and beautiful.

Thanks, Jesse! We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Harrisburg, PA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This year marks my second stay in New Orleans, both of which I've spent at the Parisian Courtyard Inn, and I highly recommend it to anyone, especially those looking for a place to stay within walking distance but not shouting distance of some of the city's more... 'active' districts.

The building is gorgeous, a renovated 19th-century plantation house. The rooms are beautiful, and well-kept. Plenty of closet space and a minifridge, which can be a rarity but a lifesaver if you are collecting leftovers from the many great restaurants in the city.

It's about one block to the St Charles Ave streetcars if you want to use them to get up or downtown, but it's a shame not to just walk. Took me around 10 min to get to the warehouse district, 15-20 to Canal St, 25-30 to get the whole way across town to Frenchmen St. There's plenty of nice places in the immediate vicinity as well -- multiple coffeeshops and homey bar/restaurant type places.

In all, highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Abbottstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I went to New Orleans for our 10th wedding anniversary. It was our first time there. The Parisian Courtyard Inn is in the Garden District. The part of town that this B&B appears to be in the midst of revitalization. This place was like a diamond in the rough. It is beautiful inside and out. The neighborhood close by, while not necessarily the most beutiful is quiet. The wold famous Streetcar is only one block over. We took the Streetcar to the French Quarter and Downtown eveyr day.We also took the Street Car as a way of viewoing the Garden District. We rode all the way from one end to the other. The Parisian has been restored to it's glory days. It is just beautiful. Jesse, the host was very accomodating. He arranged for a bottle of wine for us upon finding out it was our anniversary. The breakfast was a wonderful assortment of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurts, juices, etc. It was a great way to start the day when we had tours scheduled for early pick up. We stayed in the front room with the large balcony. It does cost a little more, but if you have the opportunity, I definately recommend that room. There really isnt much to see from the balcony, yet, but after a long day of walking and touring it was a nice place to just sit and enjoy New Orleans. I did alot of research on places to stay when I was planning our trip. I am so glad that I chose to stay here. It was perfect for our first New Orleans experience. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

We were in town for 4 nights during Jazz Fest and loved our stay at the Inn. Staff were very friendly, and the room was spotless. Very comfortable room looking out onto enclosed patio. Bathroom was updated and had plenty of soaps/shampoos/etc. We will look forward to staying here again! Breakfast included fresh fruit, cereals, bagels and really good, fresh crescents. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a comfortable place near the Saint Charles streetcar line (1 block walk)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

My daughter lives in New Orleans and I visit there often, but this was an unexpected visit. .she had a serious injury and was facing possible surgery, and I needed to get there within 48 hrs. because of the circumstances, I didn't want to stay in the Quarter, so searched for a B&B near my daughter in the Lower Garden District. With this short notice, I was getting desperate after several No Vacancies. Then we talked to Jesse, the insure manager/owner at the Parisian, and explained my situation. Needless to say, he made room at the inn, and after a few days upgraded me when some guests checked out. He and his excellent houeskeeper kindly and generously tended to my every need, and every time I returned from care taking I felt a sigh of relief as if I was coming home. The house and patio are lovely and comfortable, every room has access to a balcony or the patio, the breakfasts are delicious with the best croissants and fresh fruit in New Orleans. There are always treats of some kind in the beautiful double parlor for guests. It is a great location, quiet yet a block from the St. Charles parade route and street car. I have never stayed at a B&B before, and always stayed in the Quarter, but The Parisian will definitely be my choice on return trips.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business