“Amazing Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canal Street Inn

You added Canal Street Inn to your Saves list
Canal Street Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3620 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70119 (Formerly Block-Keller House)   |
Ranked #28 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond, Texas, United States
“Amazing Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I decided to take a last minute anniversary trip to New Orleans. Monica at the Canal St Inn was very accommodating and made us feel like we were home. The Bed & Breakfast is absolutely beautiful and has so much history in the home. We will definitely be returning in the near future!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Monica R, Manager at Canal Street Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you Jennifer for your kind review. I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing and enjoyable anniversary weekend. I look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We can recommend the Canal Street Inn and its lovely and gracious hostess, Monica, wholeheartedly. My husband and I spent almost a week at the inn, and our daughter and son-in-law joined us for a few nights, and we were completely pleased with the entire visit. Our suite was comfortable and spacious; the house itself is charming; the garden is perfect for a cup of coffee before Monica serves her delicious breakfast, and mid-city is a great location, close to City Park, the Sculpture Garden and New Orleans Museum of Art as well as cool restaurants and bars. But again, the best part of the Canal Street Inn is Monica and her family--including the dogs--who made us feel pampered and at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
My sincere thank you for the recommendation for others to stay at the Inn. I love it when guests enjoy not only the stay here, but also the local art, food, and culture of the neighborhood. I'm glad we could serve as your home away from home!
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This Bed and Breakfast was exactly what I was looking for: quaint, quiet, unique, romantic, beautifully rennovated, historical architecture, feeling of "home away from home", convenient to French Quarter and other land marks via street car, great personal service from Monica, and reasonably priced. I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and stay at the Inn. Next time maybe you will be able to come for a longer trip!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from a fantastic trip to New Orleans, and loved our stay at the Canal Street Inn! The home was beautiful, our room was comfortable, the breakfast was delicious, and the location was perfect! 15 minutes to the Quarter by streetcar, plus walking distance from some cool places in the neighborhood like Chickie Wah Wah and Finn McCools. And of course, Monica was the best part! She gave us lots of great suggestions, made lunch reservations for us at Commander's Palace, and made sure we were able to get ahold of her day or night if anything came up. She also left out teas, water, and small snacks, which were a nice touch. Highly recommend Canal Street Inn and would definately stay again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Monica R, Owner at Canal Street Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
My gratitude for your kind review. I am so happy you were able to take advantage of the wonderful things to do in this neighborhood, as well as the rest of the city! I hope to see you again!
Peregian Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our first trip to New Orleans and we only had one night at the Canal Inn but it was delightful. The house was charming, breakfast was lovely and so was our hosts who were very welcoming and helpful. Great location, about 10 minutes on the trolley to Bourbon Street, you do pass through a bit of an 'average' area between the B&B and Bourbon so you wouldn't walk but it's very safe on the trolley. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Monica R, Manager at Canal Street Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Canal Street Inn. I'm glad your first visit to the City was a great experience. I hope to see you again for a longer visit!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My entire family would like to thank Monica and her staff for making Alexsa & Dan's wedding reception on September 15, 2012, a beautiful, fun and relaxing experience. Monica took care of my daughter so well that it gave me time to actually catch my breath. Also, the test tasting at the restaurant with my daughter, sisters and mother was so stress free and delicious!! From the gorgeous Inn, food and hospitality to the wonderful outdoor atmosphere, she truly made their day special…And she even took unobtrusive photos of the reception!! Who does that?? Monica does!! Being a Louisiana native, I appreciate a good person with a great heart!! I would recommend anyone looking into having a special event to take a serious look at this Inn. You would do yourself a great injustice not to! From having food and drinks to a special cake then a beautiful suite to retire to for the night, all without worry or hassle. Have fun, like we did!
Leslie w/Mr. & Mrs. Woods-West

Room Tip: All the suites were beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We truly enjoyed working with you and your family for this special event. I am so glad we could create a stress-free wedding reception for the bride/groom as well as yourself. My sincere gratitude for recommending Canal Street Inn to others looking for event and room space. Hope to see you at the Inn when you are in town!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this wonderful B&B . This home is beautifully decorated and our suite was spacious and comfortable. Monica thought of everything including shampoo and conditioner. She also provided great suggestions for restaurants, tours and spa services and made all the reservations. I would recommend this Inn to anyone who is visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind review. I enjoyed yours and your sisters visit to the Inn. I hope that you were safe from "Sandy".

Been to Canal Street Inn? Share your experiences!