“Finally they are getting it right!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

You added The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   931 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #48 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Finally they are getting it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I came to New Orleans recently for a business trip. I decided I would give The Saint another opportunity to welcome me. To my shock, I was more than welcomed. The staff were professional, courteous and inviting. The manager greeted me in the lobby, a well spoken British gentleman(I think his name was Darryl) . At his recommendation, I decided to enjoy the bar that evening with some friends and we loved the atmosphere. I simply cannot wait for my next trip to the Cresent City. I left the Saint feeling well rested and knowing I'll return soon. Great job, on all fronts, cheers.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I traveled to New Orleans just before Christmas for a short vacation. Having read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor we were a little apprehensive but gave it a shot. From the minute we were dropped off by the shuttle, we knew things were going to be good. The staff were, to a person, friendly and helpful. Some of the other reviews pointed out cleanliness and security problems which we simply didn't encounter. Although I wasn't crazy about the carpet design, the decor was overall visually very impressive and caused you to be looking for new details whenever you walked through the lobby. Some of the finish work in the rooms was a little lacking but you had to look for the failings. Great location relative to the French Quarter and the St. Charles trolley.

The bar and bar-tender were very enjoyable; dark and lit in a red glow. The blue hallway lighting was also cool

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
St. George, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Perfect location and extremely friendly staff. The rooms are very comfortable,clean and very relaxing with great style. I would highly recommend for a great experience while enjoying the French Quarters and all the fun activities of NOLA!!!!! Great value for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Canal Street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pensacola Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We are regular visitors to New Orleans, being Saints fanatics. We decided to try out The Saint, using points. Wow! Absolutely loved it. We had a corner room, which was very spacious, and well decorated. Love the "hip" vibe. The lobby is impressive and we enjoyed cocktails while playing a round of pool. Location is great for whatever you choose to do in Nola. We will definitely be back. Oh, and loved the blacklights!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor, corner room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
sunshine state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed over the New Years holiday. Have stayed in a number of hotels in the New Orleans area over the years from small boutique hotels to the bigger chains. Thought the Saint looked interesting and I have always liked the Marriott experience, so I booked the Saint. If you have ever stayed in Miami Beach this hotel will remind you of the Delano. It is very chic and wildly decorated with music playing. The halls are lit with blacklight ,which gives it an interesting mood, but highlights every speck of dust in the carpet.

The bellmen and valet parking guys were awesome. Check in was easy and the room was nice and very well appointed. The bathroom was nice, but flawed. There were numerous cleaning issues and some of the workmanship was shoddy, ie gaps in corners, cheap and slippery shower floor etc. I found there to be no towel hooks anywhere and this was weird.

Now to housekeeping. I read the other reviews on this issue and wondered if these reviewers were just complainers....they were not. Housekeeping is a real issue here. As one reviewer stated they don't really clean they just tidy up. One of the days there they did make the bed and took the dirty towels, but left only one towel, so we had a grand total of two. One of the issues that I feel should be addressed is the housekeeping staff using the hallways as a holding area for dirty laundry. When we checked in I noticed a lot of little piles of laundry in the hallway and every day I noticed the same thing. Its just strange to walk down a hallway and see piles of dirty laundry stashed about. And if you realize that the linens are white and the hallways are lit with blacklight it looks filthy.

But, quite honestly I did like this hotel. I liked its style and liked the staff and think this is a good place to stay. Once they work out the kinks the experience will be better and it is a very good value. I did not get a chance to eat or drink at the Saint, but the bar area is really nice.

Room Tip: Just so you know, if you do get a room that faces Canal St. it can be very noisy with people honking...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Location - On Canal so you can escape the crazyiness but only 2 blocks from Royal and Bourbon so everything is a very short walk. A few blocks further (5 min walk) and you can pick up the St.Charles trolley's to the Garden District for a tour. Perfect location.....

Staff - VERY friendly and helpful! Asked for a 1pm check out and before I finished my sentence the front desk had approved it, booked it, and said yes sir! Always said hello and asked if we needed anything.

Facility - I love boutique hotels that are unique and have a modern edge. This place fit the bill! Amazing decorating, cool music in the lobby, interesting lights in the halls, and the room was really nice as seen in the pictures.

The Ritz Carlton is directly next door and I popped my head in...this place was much more fun AND CLEAN.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stay at The Saint in New Orleans twice a month for 2 nights at a time. This is a GREAT Hotel and I rarely stay anywhere else! I live in Houston but work in New Orleans and have stayed at over a dozen hotels in New Orleans and this by far is my FIRST CHOICE. (If I don't stay at The Saint I stay at the Ritz, but I for sure prefer THE SAINT!) The staff is always GREAT, its always CLEAN, the Valet guys are wonderful and most importantly I ALWAYS feel safe! Keep up the GREAT job!!!!

Room Tip: High Floors Good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!