“Great Night Sleep in Chic Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

You added The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   931 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #52 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great Night Sleep in Chic Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here the night of the New Orleans Bowl and got a great deal on Priceline!

The hotel staff at the door was nice and offered to carry our luggage, but we packed minimal and didn't need help. The staff checked us in before the actual check in time which was nice to drop our stuff off early.

We were on the 3rd floor facing Burgundy. Not a spectacular view but we were not spending a lot of time in the room. I was concerned about noise from the street but it was not bad at all and street noise did not disturb us. We didn't get a drink at the bar or eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment on that part of the hotel. Our room was nice and comfortable for our stay. The coffee was nice and they even gave us extra at the front desk.

One thing but not a huge gripe at all.....We didn't get anything out of the minibar but we did have a charge for two items. A simple call to the front desk corrected this and the charges were removed. She explained the minibar sensor went off when I peaked inside to see what was in there.

Overall a comfortable stay and we would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Pine, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. It has a funky, Alice In Wonderland feel to the decor. Location was very good. Service very good. Breakfast was delicious. Try the shrimp with grits for breakfast.

We debated between this hotel and the Ritz, and after walking through the Ritz next door, I really preffered the feel of our hotel better.

2 Thank Peggy303
Sean Z, Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Peggy303:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to live up to our motto “Beyond good, there is great. Beyond hotel, there is the Saint Hotel”. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The first there we stayed here was during hurricane Sandy. Every thing was great leading up to the storm. Rooms are well appointed, clean and very modern chic. Only concern we've ever had is the bar. Young girl is more interested in serving her friends then bar patrons.
We love the hotel and is our choice every time in nola. We will be there this weekend again with 3 couples.

Dear Wick1979:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We raised your concerns about our bar at our management meetings and measures are implemented to address them. We look forward to welcoming you back this weekend. Thank you again for your review.
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Saint Hotel is a welcome addition to the New Orleans hotel scene. Located on the edge of the French Quarter, the hotel is easily accessible by car and there are plenty of valets to park your car. Service throughout the hotel was friendly and efficient, and the decor is a knock-out if you like minimalist style. The bathrooms and bedrooms are sleekly appointed offering every convenience one would expect in an upscale hotel. The clubby cocktail lounge is a winner and the on-site restaurant, Tempt, was very good for a relaxing dinner. If you are looking for an upscale property with easy access and friendly service, The Saint is a good choice.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor facing Canal Street --- nice views of the city.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MarkRatay:

We thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are very happy that you found “Service throughout the hotel friendly and efficient”, and thank you for your kind comments about our Tempt Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you again for your review.
Flatwoods, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Valet parking-no problems for duration of trip and great service. When I first arrived to check in I was greeted and thanked for being a rewards member, went up to my room and the key card didn't work...so I returned and got it fixed and was offered 2 free drinks at the bar. Next day I leave and return to room around 4pm. Housekeeping fell way short...the trash was collected but left on my ironing board...my coffee cup untouched with a little coffee still in it...no effort on making the bed(you could tell they just threw the comforter over but didn't take the time to do it appropriately). The bathroom was barely touched as well. The other complaint is a simple thing, but still was annoying...went to gym to workout, grabbed a towel and when I was finished, there was no place to put it...so I just took it with me. The room decor is nice, comfy beds, good speed wifi, great bar with top shelf selections. The scent can be a little overwhelming at times in the bathroom, but does smell good. This is a nice hotel and these problems can be fixed, and if they are I would consider staying there again.

• 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank AStape
Sean Z, Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear AStaple:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of you experience at our Hotel. Please do accept my sincerest apologies about the cleanliness of your room and about the lack of a place to put your used towels in our Exercise Facilities. The concerns you raised were addressed at our Management Meeting and we are taking appropriate measures to eliminate such incidents from re-occurring. I would like to extend to you my warmest invitation to come back to our Hotel just as soon as you can and see if the improvements we implemented meet your satisfaction. Again, I want to thank you for your review because such reviews help us in our commitment to exceed our guests experience satisfaction.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business twice for several nights.
The atmosphere is nice with a beautiful lobby. Everybody is very welcoming.
The room are really quiet, and I love the range of products they have in the bathroom.

I really love this place for work, BUT....stay away from the breakfast.
It took forever to get a cup of fruits and pancakes (I tried it twice, the first time I stayed there, where I mentioned that it took too long to get breakfast, and the second time, where I did not see any improvement there).
The waitress / waiter saw I was a bit in a hurry, but nothing to do, I have to wait 40 minutes to get the fruits and pancakes. Unfortunatly too, the pancakes were burned each time I went there.

So bottom line : great place to stay, but find another place for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Audrey C
Sean Z, Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear NYSC42:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for having to wait 40 minutes for your breakfast to arrive. I discussed this matter with our Restaurant Management Team and I want to assure you that corrective measures are being implemented to eliminate such delays in the future. Please do accept my apologies and the next time you come to The Saint, I will personally see to it that you are taken care of to your satisfaction.
Bordentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Saint is a great hotel with great location. The hotel is new, modern and feels like the Delano in South Beach. The rooms are spacious and gorgeous with blue carpet and exposed brick. We opted for a room on the 8th floor and never had an issue with street noise. The bathrooms are big and the bed is very comfortable. The hotel is net door to the Ritz and right around the corner from everything in the French Quarter. We will be back, loved our stay here.

Room Tip: High floor, corner room. Very quiet and bright during the day.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rick G:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we want to thank you for expressing your desire to come back to The Saint. We look forward to welcoming you back just as soon as you can.