“Trendy Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   931 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #50 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Riverside, California
“Trendy Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very posh hotel - modern and trendy. Be aware if you need a concierge or staff to ask there is really none. It suited our needs, good location, clean, big room, large beautiful windows, nice room. But if you are needy : directions, ideas for site seeing this is not the place for you. I would recommend this to young people who are well traveled and can do things on their own.

We loved the hotel and the ambiance, but it would not suite everyone:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We chose to stay at The Saint on a leisure/vacation trip for several reasons: It is well located between the French Quarter and our aunt's house in Uptown. I like "old" and it's in an historic old building and my husband likes "new" and it is a brand new hotel - opened Jan 2012 – it seemed a good compromise. Our final reason for choosing The Saint was because we were using Marriott Reward points for 3 of the 4 days of our stay.

The hotel is brand new and quite beautiful but the trendiness is very different so if you don't like trendy it might be too much for you. The blue lights in the hallways and elevator grew on us over time but at first they seemed just odd.

Our room was lovely and well laid out. Later it became evident that the cool-looking bowl in the bath was difficult to use because water would easily splash out. The only light in the bedroom area came from the bed stand lights which unfortunately were too bright. Other than that, the room was lovely.

We had "challenges" over and over and over again related to service. The first day we were in our room when the housekeeping staff arrived but we told them we would be gone shortly (this was about 1 pm). When we returned to the room at 5:30 pm, it had still not been made up. We called the Front Desk but no one answered (a common theme throughout the 4 days) so we waited and tried again and when the Front Desk staff answered I explained that our room had not been made up and asked to have it done. "Now?" "Yes (of course, now!)". There were more headache’s involved that I will skip but to jump to the end – it was after 7 by the time our room was made up.

There were small hiccups over the course of the next 3 days including no soap for the shower, no back up toilet paper roll, the Front Desk line seemed to never be answered and a request for more Keruig coffee pods that resulted in only Decaffeinated coffee being supplied.

Unfortunately we didn’t discover the decaf-only restock till we really needed it – the next morning! There just didn’t seem to be enough staff. The Front Desk clerk seemed constantly overwhelmed and the bell hops/doormen either were lurking around talking to one another or nowhere to be seen.

The last day we checked out and I made the mistake of not looking at the final bill – I just tucked it into my bag and didn’t look at it till we were waiting at the airport for our flight. It was wrong! We had been charged for all 4 nights instead of 1 night and Marriott Rewards taking care of 3 nights. When I called to get this corrected, about 3:30 pm, Sarah answered and I said “I checked out this morning and there was mistake in my bill, I’d like to get it fixed” to which she replied “may I put you on hold?” and “click” there I was on hold. Hold lasted quite awhile and then I was automatically dumped into the hotel’s voicemail. 24 hours later and no one had called me back. I finally got it resolved but it took another 2 calls.

Being dumped into voicemail when I’d called because of a billing error was the straw that broke the camel’s back! I stay at Marriott’s frequently (that’s how I get the Rewards points!) and this Marriott is just not like the others. It just doesn’t belong. I am really surprised that Marriott allows this level of poor service to exist in its line up.

If you stay there, be aware that there is no concierge so you’re on your own in exploring the city, and in general service is lacking – even the service that should be ‘standard’ at a hotel of this high caliber/nightly rate. Actually, to say "service is lacking" is being very kind. It was really sub-par.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MCB0779, Director of Sales at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam:

Please accept my sincere apologies for what you experienced at The Saint Hotel. I have personally spoken to each department to assure this does not happen to anyone as it should never have happened to you.

Traveling should be a fun experience and you should never have encountered what happened during your visit. Again, my apologies.

We are proud of our hotel and we continue to learn and grow and without knowing what people experience, we are unable to do so. We appreciate your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went for dinner at Tempt located inside the hotel just off the lobby. Fabulous. Great menu and and beautifully presented. Also loved the wine choices. Didnt stay at the hotel, but what we could see of the lobby and lounge area was impressive. Very modern and funky.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for visiting Tempt. We are so delighted you enjoyed our amazing restaurant. We are so proud of Tempt and of Marcus Woodham. Without wonderful people such as yourself, we would not be here!.
Thank you so much and please let me know when you will dine with us again! Would love to send you a token of our appreciation.

michaelb@thesainthotelneworleans.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I absolutely loved this place. When you enter the door it is obvious this is an amazing place. The decor is modern and beautiful with pillars and sheer curtains from the ceiling to the floor. There is a beautiful sitting area in the foyer, along with a pool table, bar and white table cloth restaurant. The room was beautiful and everything was very clean, smelled great and rooms were cleaned every day. The service was so friendly and helpful. We needed a cork screw and it was brought up to our room within minutes. Rooms are stocked with mini fridge that has snacks, seltzer water and wine. Located on Canal street and with in walking distance to Bourgon street, Decatur street and the bus pick up. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi!
Thank you so much for staying with us at The Saint Hotel. We are honored to have you and thank you for your kind words. We love our brand and are so lucky to have amazing people like you stay with us!

Please let me know when you are returning as I would like to thank you in person.

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

had to come in for a meeting in new orleans. booked there last minute. ended up there about 2 in the morning due to American Airlines delay. checked in. almost immediately was taken back. the decor and the setup is unusual even for new orleans. very cool. a 12 foot mirror by the elevators. curtains from the ceiling all the way down. reminds me of the Delano in Miami. very neat. the room was neat. the color scheme were extremely neat. the bed was comfortable. the surroundings were great. the customer service and the business setting was ideal for the meeting. checked out the next day and had to take some extra time. they were very accommodating. overall, a great stay at a great new venue in New Orleans. Looking forward to going back already.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you so much for your recent stay at The Saint Hotel. We are honored to have you and appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to your return and please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even better!

michael@thesainthotelneworleans.com
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the "W" on steroids!! Take the entire ambience of a hotel like the "W" and add in better service. The staff is young and not perfect but they do try hard. Valet parking is a flat rate of $38/day but dont forget you have taxes on top of that. The guy who heads up the valet is great and very welcoming! Location is good too. You can easily walk to Bourbon Street or any other places in the French Quarter but you are far enough removed so not to be bothered by the nightly sounds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you and your feedback!

We look forward to your return.

michaelb@thesainthotelneworleans.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Came here for a vacation & really loved the look of the hotel. It is pricey...with that you get an elevators that looks like it belongs in a night club. The fluff in the lobby & your room is nothing special except for the sheets & bed. You could hear everytime someone closes their door or talks in the hall. The valet guys are very kind. There are a few people that need to take a be nice to customer class. So if you come here & Robert is working, he will do whatever it takes to make you happy. I have to say, I did expect more from this hotel, but over all it was a great place.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!