“Swanky and Hip in the Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection

You added The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   931 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #52 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Gainesville, Florida
“Swanky and Hip in the Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at The Saint during trip to New Orleans for a work conference, but also spent a couple days for leisure. It was perfect. Modern amenities, walking distance to nearly everything (except the Garden District). The rooms are styled exactly how an upscale and trendy NoLa hotel should be styled: beautiful, iconic photographs of New Orleans city life and history, deep tones of blue contrasted with stark white - and an exposed brick wall to top it off. The super-dim lighting in the hallways is a little much, though. Be sure to check out the bar downstairs - they have live music some nights, and it gets loud (fun).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank melissasmif
MCB0779, Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you and your business and look forward to your return.

Please let me know when you are returning as I would love to meet you!

Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was not sure how Marriott was going to pull of a hipster hotel but they did it with The Saint. Lobby and public areas very cool. Rooms are laid out nicely. Bathrooms a spacious. Staff very caring. The hotel is close to all the things you want to do in NOLA. All of this for what I consider very reasonable rates.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank PierrePS
MCB0779, Director of Sales at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Hi Pierre,

Thank you very much for writing! I appreciate you staying with us and look forward to you returning to our property.

Columbia, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel last week. I thought it was quite nice and the rooms were very modern with good amenities. My only complaint was that the beds were not as clean underneath as I would have expected. I travel quite a lot- approx 150 nights per year. So I am a platinum member with Marriott, Diamond with Hilton, and Plat with SPG. So I take the bedbug precautions and overall cleanliness very seriously. By lifting up the bed and looking underneath, I could tell that they are not routinely inspected and cleaned. There was a lot of trash, hair, and other items under the bed. I didn't think this was up to par with other nice hotels that I've stayed at, or even more basic Hampton Inns. The location was great. But I'm just not sure I'd stay here again, given the lack of inspection and cleanliness. I think hotels should be taking the bedbug situation very seriously. When I see that amount of buildup of crud underneath the bedding, it shows they are not. I found no bedbugs however.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank shepjm99
Hi,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. I take each review very seriously and I cannot thank you enough for informing me what you experienced.

I have spoken to the department head in regard to the cleanliness of the room and please know this was resolved.

We would love to have you return to our property and please let me know when you do as I would love to meet you.

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Visited NOLA 07/21/2012. We had two rooms. Loved the decor and the location. Very happy with rooms. My wife recently had surgery and was unable to walk the city with the rest of us. She had planned to remain in the room and work. The hotel claimed it had Internet available. Internet was not available. The room was apparently located in the wrong place. No other rooms available. They tried to fix no go. Happens. The problem was how they addressed it. My wife was upset. Manager Abraham Cox offered her drinks in the bar. She couldn't drink. He said he would address this in the morning. Nothing....not even a sorry. Spoke with Katey she tried to help but I was uptight because we were ignored and the only solution to the problem was my wife should stand in the hall connect and go back in room. Didn't work. I have left 5 messages for General manager Eric Wilson and he has ignored every one. For what these rooms cost a wireless Internet system that doesn't work is not acceptable. For the alleged quality of this place a management team that cares about problems big or small should be the norm. Loved the building and location, but there are other options in the area just as nice and more attentive to problems. I do not like being ignored or treated like the problem is nothing. My wife was stuck in the room and frustrated.

Room Tip: Shop around there are better options for the money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Lou M
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing and please accept my sincere apologies. We take reviews and criticism very seriously and guarantee you this will be addressed. When visiting our property, we want our guests to feel at home and again, I apologize for what you experienced.

I hope you will give The Saint Hotel another try and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments.

My Best,

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Recently stayed at The Saint Hotel in NOLA for 6 days. Upon arrival I was very impresssed by the grand lobby and modern decor. The Saint offers a very convinient location on Canal St and close walking distance to many attractions.

This hotel is fairly new and the room itself was very modern and stylish. Room was comfortable compared to some other NOLA hotels. Bathroom was decent and overall it was a comfortable experience.

The only negative that I can say was the service itself. Not a majot issue but something to be aware atleast in my case was that the housekeeping was inconsistent. They would come at odd hours. An example was turndown service I had them knocking at my door at almost 9p! Who sdoes turndown at 9p? Internet wifi was available but was inconsistent. It wouldnt connect all the time which was annoying.

Overall, the Saint is a great property and I would reccomend staying there however, there are a few minor kinks to work out on such a new property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MiamiTravler1024
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I am 33 years old and my gf is 24. I travel regularly and typically spend $200 - $300 per night @ a hotel.

So here is my experience @ The Saint:

This is not a 4 star hotel. Its a 3.5 star facility with a 2 star hotel staff.

Pros:

Nice lobby, has a decent wow factor.
Its a place you'd feel comfortable in with your gf/wife but not parents. Does not have a family vibe. Yes this is a 'pro' for me.

Rooms are nice and the blue and white color scheme is a nice twist. Iphone connection, comfy bed and mirrored wall at the head of the bed was great for after hours fun. If you are a guy trying to find a decent hotel to take your girl to, you won't be dissapointed with the room.

Location: just outside the quarter so you feel comfortable here. You can stay away from the noise, etc... if you want to, otherwise every thing is walking distance.

Cons:

Details, details and details...

Service: this hotel looks to be run by kids. Consequently you don't get the impression you are in a premium hotel. Its like they transported the staff from Days Inn into a very nice hotel.

Example: upon arrival on Friday night, I asked where the concierge was. There was none, so I asked the check-in person who can help me with a request. She said she could. So I asked her to deliver my bottle of champagne to my room after 11 pm. This would give us time to get ready and leave and by the time we come back from dinner it would be waiting for us. When I was ready to go back to my room around 12:30 am, I asked had it been done. She said, "oops, I forgot, we got so busy..." However she was standing around with nothing to do when I approached her. So I had to buy time @ the hotel bar till they got it up there all the while my gf is wondering why things seemed off. Not cool!

Example 2: housekeeping comes knocking at around 9-10 am. They knock very loud and you can here them knocking and yelling housekeeping going up the hallway and down the hallway. This is New Orleans, not Savanah, GA. I'd bet money that most people are hung over and dont want to be woken up especially of its not check out day. Also we had to scream, come back later which resulted in us being woken up about thirty - 45 mins later. This went on 3 times and finally she gave up. Then when we came back at 5 pm, she hadnt come yet. So we asked the front desk to have her come at 7 pm so we could nap. She comes "a knockin" @ 6:30 pm. Waking us up again. The whole weekend we were woken up by housekeeping. And it was annoying enough to stay elsewhere next time unless they figure out a better way.

Room temperature: its either too cold or too hot. Credit the a/c for being so cold, but you just can't seem to get the air to blow around 72 degrees. Its either off to warm things up or 3 fan speeds of very cold air.

Summary:

The hotel is nice the service sucks. I JW Marriott across the street this past memorial day and it was a much more refined experience around the same price. What the Saint has going for it is personality. If you wany a cool looking hotel and can look past the annoying overlooking of details then stay here. Otherwise for a bit more service and comfort, go to JW, Ritz next door or Harrah's.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Waqas S
MCB0779, Manager at The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for writing this review and I apologize for your experience. Rear assured we take these very serious.
We are proud of our hotel and brand and appreciate and and all feedback.

You will see the changes during your next stay with us.

My Best,

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel is classified as a four star so I judge it as such. The bar and lobby were beautiful and nice. However, there was never enough staff at the bar or lobby during my four night stay. It was impossible to ask for any assistance. Moreover, during the early morning I got McD onald's from across the street and was eating it in the bar. Mind you no one was there and I was a guest and their restuarant was not open. The bartended decided to give me a hard time so I had to remind him that I was a guest. Lastly, the rooms are ok and it took forever for them to be cleaned.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the top floors due to the traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends