“Good food and location” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Superior Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,627 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were in town for a college visit to Loyola and stumbled upon this place in our quest for food. It was a Friday evening and the place was fairly busy. We waited about twenty minutes for a table and were seated outside in the patio area. Weather was great and we enjoyed dining outside. The food was really good. We had some kind of pasta dish that had crawfish and other types of seafood in angel hair pasta. It was very good. I dont remember what type of fish it was but our other dish was grilled fish. It was good but not great. Also had a grilled oyster appetizer that was outstanding. Close to the Loyola campus which we will be frequenting off and on the next four years so we will definately try it again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, California
“Great meal, good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went to Superior Seafood and loved it! It's located on St. Charles near the Garden District, right off the street car. The food was excellent. We ordered the BBQ shrimp (messy) and the Shrimp with Cheesy Grits. Both dishes surpassed our expectations. We got there during Happy Hour. They have the biggest oysters for 50 cents a piece. They were fresh and came with the standard lemon, horse radish, and cocktail sauce. Service was great too. I'm planning another trip soon and will make sure to visit this place again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mustang, Oklahoma
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Took my family there last night to eat for dinner, we were staying one night headed to Destin Fl. My friend from Louisiana told me about this place and I needed to go somewhere that my kids could go. We had probably the best waitress I ever had she was very accommodating to our needs, quick and very nice. I had steak and frites, my husband ate shrimp and crawfish gumbo and everything was very fresh and good. We had a cocktail since we weren't driving and they were great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ruston
“Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stopped here for an early dinner before going to our hotel. We were seated immediately and enjoyed the view from the porch. Frozen Mojito, fresh bread and oysters were a wonderful start to our meal. Generous portions for entree, a bit disappointed in bread pudding. Otherwise, highly recommend.

Visited July 2013
Louisiana
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped in early Sunday afternoon dinner after visiting my son's apartment. Being a Sunday, parking was very easy right on St. Charles St although they do have valet parking available. We were immediately seated by our hostess and greeted by our waitress, Lauren. She was very nice and gave us the best service throughout the meal.
We started with appetizers of crabcake and chicken and andiolle gumbo. The crabcake (only one) was full of lump crabmeat and very good---not like a lot of others that have more filler than crab. I thought it was slightly expensive at $14.95 but I guess you get what you pay for. The gumbo had several slices of andioulle and what appeared to be ground up chicken. It had a very good smoked flavor but I would have preferred the chicken to be a bit size pieces.
I had the Vieux Carre pasta which was a angel hair pasta with shrimp and andoille with spinach in a smoked tomato sauce. It was excellent! My wife had the grilled fish of the day which was a drum with sides of spinach and asparagus. The fish was very well done and tasty.
Overall a pricey (bill was right at $100) but good experience. If one would forgo the cocktails, which averaged $10 each, it would be more affordable.
Would I go back?: Yes, the meal was good and the service impeccable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere