“The best scallops I've ever had.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Superior Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brevard, North Carolina
“The best scallops I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Based on the description, I tried the scallops, and they far exceeded my expectations -- the best scallops I've ever had. I described them as being so moist and fresh that it was like cutting and eating butter. Ironically someone in our group two seats down from me also had the scallops, and I heard someone ask him how they were, and he described them exactly as I had. As we were in a group of 15, the service was slow, but what would be expected for such a large group. The wait staff seemed to handle it without getting rattled. Atmosphere is nice, but as most large popular restaurants in New Orleans it was on the loud side -- probably increased by our large group.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Orleans, LA
“Best BBQ shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a wonderful birthday dinner and tried the bbq shrimp. Very different from the original at Manale's but in my opinion better. The oysters were also fresh and salty. The monly reason I did not give a 5 was the service was quite snooty.

• Visited October 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Raw oysters! YUM!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Greatest raw oysters for 50 cents each during Happy Hour! Cold salty Louisiana oysters, YUM! Best with Louisiana's Abita Amber beer.

We were there on Sunday evening, between 6 and 8 p.m. where the place was jumping. We had a 30-minute wait and waited at the bar where drinks were discounted and raw oysters cost 50 cents each. We "pigged out" and had a dozen oysters each.

When it was time for dinner we were full of oysters, but ordered more oysters. My partner ordered a full order of angels on horseback (lightly-fried oysters wrapped with bacon) poboy, and I ordered an oyster combo, (oysters rockerfeller, oysters bienville, and angels on horseback), with a small dinner salad. We shared a dessert, creme brulee. Everything was excellent! We cannot wait to return. Next time I will order fried green tomatoes with crabmeat.

Although the restaurant was very busy, our server was very pleasant.

Car? Lots of free parking on the street. Public transportation from French Quarter? St. Charles street car stops in front of the restaurant at Napolean Avenue.

Bon appetit!

• Visited December 2012
York, Pennsylvania
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Amazing. Had a giant family dinner here while we were in town over the holidays. They gave us a large table, in a private room, and didn't mind when we got loud and boisterous. Our server was outstanding and all 12 people in our party raved about the food. Must try the chargrilled oysters and the frozen pomegranate mojitos! Can't wait to be back in Nola and go back!

Austin, Texas
“Yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Greasy, cold fish and poor service. I saw a plate with lots of veges and asked what it was and the server said he had no idea.

Visited December 2012