“Delicious breakfast and great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #127 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Delicious breakfast and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 4 days and ate breakfast at Vacherie 2 of those days. It was really good and hard to beat!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Kansas City, Missouri
“Breakfast for 4”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in the Hotel St Marie and went down for an early breakfast before our City Tour. I ordered the Johnny Cakes and quite frankly I am in love!!! I could have eaten them each and every morning of the vacation and quite possibly the rest of my life. I would love to comment on the other peoples selections but I was too busy devouring mine! There were no complaints and the waitress was a doll! Stop by and grab breakfast even if you're not staying in the hotel. Went to the bar later in the evening for a Bloody Mary. The bartender was a sweetheart and the drink was spicey and tasty!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, Tennessee
“nice restaurant - better bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Limited menu but good for a hotel restaurant. Limited hours. Spent a lot of time in the bar. Open late. Great bartender Tom. Very friendly. Knows his wines.

Visited March 2013
Stateline, Nevada
“A Excellent Experience Requires Excellent Management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Needed to put together a nice dinner for business associates on short notice. I do this several times a year throughout the country. Was referred to this restaurant after first contacting Eats because our group of 26 was too large for them. Claire worked with me to set up a personalized menu, secure a beautifully decorated private dining area with excellent dedicated service, and hours before our dinner, arranged for an amazing local musician to play during our meal. The price was very fair, the service was impeccable, and it was without a doubt, the best group meal I've ever had. My business associates were talking about it all day today, so I had to log in and make this recommendation, only the second I have ever made. I've had hundreds of meals and dining experiences in New Orleans, this was clearly the best. Thank you Vacherie. Most importantly thank you Claire, your individual commitment to our satisfaction was priceless. Jon

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“GREAT DINNER & TWO BREAKFASTS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurant is located inside the Hotel St. Marie. It's a fairly small restaurant, but very quaint and the staff are extremely friendly and attentive. The menu has a nice variety of items. You will find gumbo if that's what you are in search of, as well as pork, chicken and beef. I chose the pork cutlets. These came pounded thin and dipped in a panko breading and cooked to a light crisp consistency. They were served with roasted red potatoes and I believe a squash of some sort. The meal could have been a bit hotter, but the flavor was really good. My husband had a steak type sandwhich, but the steak would have been better served alone, w/out the bread. He didn't eat the roll that came with it.

Two morning in a row we had breakfast in the restaurant. I believe they are open for breakfast and dinner and have a brunch on weekends. The breakfast was delicious. One morning I had eggs benedict that was served with a nice cut of ham, not canadian bacon, potatoes and a piece of fruit. My husband had a made to order omlette and they will basically put whatever you like inside. His order came with wheat toast and potatoes. The second morning for breakfast he had the same thing and I switched my order to scrambled eggs with bacon, potatoes and a biscuit. OMG, the biscuit was huge. I kid you not, it was the size of a small salad plate. Had I known this, I would have just ordered a biscuit. I thought the biscuit was delicious.

My only complaints about this restaurant would be that the manager seemed to get in the way. During dinner the waitress would take our order and he would come back each time she left with questions for us. I know he was trying to be thorough and make sure everything was correct, but it got a little annoying. The same thing happened one morning at breakfast. I understand he wanted everyone to be happy, but a little backing off would be helpful.

Definitely make a point to try this quaint little restaurant. It's nicely decorated, light music is piped in and the food presentation and taste is great! Breakfast prices were around $10-$12 for full dishes and they did have ala carte items, if that's what you preferred. Dinner was around $15-$35 for entrees. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013