Wanted to plan a trip from Houston to New Orleans on the cheap and found St. Vincent's online. Took the Megabus from Houston to Nola, the bus left at midnight and I arrived around 6 am. I took a city bus to St. Vincent's and got to the hotel. When I arrived the desk clerk had not arrived but I was invited to enjoy some coffee and breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The cook there is amazing by the way with over 25 years of experience.
After a wonderful breakfast and some great conversation the desk person arrived. I had an opportunity to chat with the owner Peter after breakfast and he asked the clerk to give me a discount. So at this point I had an early check in and a discounted rate couldn't get any better right? Guess again the hotel is not only really nice but has a ton of character. The rooms are very clean, there are not a ton of frills but the uniqueness of the place more than makes up for that, at least in my book.
I highly recommend staying here. You are likely to meet some wonderful people and have an experience that no "5 star" hotel can provide.
- Also Known As:
- St. Vincent`s Guest House Hotel New Orleans
- St. Vincent`s Guest House Hotel
- St Vincents Hotel
- St Vincents New Orleans
- St Vincent Guest House
- St Vincents Guest House
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Vincent Guest House is Under New Management!!! As of December 1, 2013 The Guest House will be operated under a new management team that is dedicated to improving both the aesthetics and overall condition of the entire establishment. Steps are being taken to bring this beautiful and historical building to its fullest potential and offer our guests a wonderful experience and comfortable stay. St. Vincent's is not a full service hotel, it is more of hostel/quaint budget hotel that is both economical and located in one of the best areas in the City of New Orleans. (The Lower Garden District) First opened in 1861 as a orphanage; the building has a distinct and colorful history that is worth exploring. The lobby is adorned with photos that reflect the history and show the building's usage over the last 100+ years. Each room has an individual decor and design scape that will make you feel as though you are walking into an era of Nola history gone by... The grounds are well kept and offer several areas for outdoor seating for morning coffee, an evening cigar or just great conversations... Our staff have been trained and are dedicated to providing each guest with the highest level of customer services with courtesy and a smile. Although there are not a great deal of amenities available, every guest will find that the Guest House offers a tremendous value for the price. We have both private sleeping rooms as well as dormitories available. There have been several negative reviews that have been posted in the past and those reviews have been duly noted and taken into consideration for action as we move towards improvements... Likewise, there have been several positive reviews from guests who have enjoyed their stay and the experience at the Guest House; and for that we are thankful! We look forward to this new era at St. Vincent's and welcome each and every guest with open arms... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your St. Vincent's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.