“BEST VALUE IN NOLA!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Tallahassee, Florida
“BEST VALUE IN NOLA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

My best friend & I made our first Mardi Gras trip this year. We booked St. Vincents and were pleasantly surprised. Close to the hip places in the garden district, St. Vincents has the friendliest staff in New Orleans. We met the owner who was very gracious. Everyone should stay here when they come to New Orleans. And at $90/night during Mardi Gras...you can't beat it

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Arriyadh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I paid a deposit for one day a month before coming. When I got there, I was told that there were no rooms. It was too late to search for a place. They offered me to stay in an already reserved room and that I should leave it early in the morning to find a hotel. The room was really spooky, smelly and stinky. What happened next is really weird. They promised me to refund me and yes they did, but five days later, they took the money as I gave them my credit card number before I came; a mistake i'll never repeat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

We booked online one week earlier, called ahead and they said everything was fine. However, when we arrived at the hotel, nothing was done: no reservation, no room. I guess they give us the worst rooms they have in that guest house.
Stains on the sheets, on the walls. The ceiling is falling off and is full of holes. Moreover, there was no window in my room! I'd not even bring a hooker back in that room!

I'm pretty sure hey have a couple of nice rooms but some of them are nasty and it stinks bad in there.

Toulouse, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Good Service
People at the reception desk are very nice, and they will do whatever it takes to help you.

Very Bad Product
I booked 2 rooms ( 1 twin beds and 1 double bed ), and they were very dirty... Ceilings had plenty of stains, and holes, electricity cables were coming outside of the plugs, sheets had holes and stains as well, bathroom door did not close...

If you're just looking for a bed to crash into then it is not that bad, but i would say the rooms are way not worth the price.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My time at St. Vincents was really great. I found the staff helpful and kind (especially Shane and Amber), the location unbeatable - close to uptown, downtown, and the French Quarter, and the amenities, while not luxe, sufficient. The food at the cafe was great, the pool was open and a nice break from unusually warm February weather, the free wi-fi 24/7 a bargain, and the courtyard a great place to relax with a bottle of wine. St. Vincent's definitey isnt posh, but it was a safe, comfy place with a cool mix of both New Orleans characters and travellers. I would def recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I reserved a double room in the “hotel” portion of St. Vincent’s 2 months in advance. Upon arrival I was charged for the entire 4 nights immediately. When I was shown to the room I discovered there was NO HEAT. The room is clearly advertised as having heat on their website. Since the overnight temperature was expected to be in the low 30s and the “comforter” was nothing more than a thin blanket and I was running in the New Orleans marathon that weekend, I decided to checkout. The front desk lady offered me the space heater from her own room on my way out, but it was ridiculously small for a 14 foot high ceiling and tile floor room. Since my checkout the manager and owner have refused to refund my payment even though I was in the room for less than 30 minutes.
I realize it’s not often you need heat in the South, but if they will false advertise about this, what else? Don’t take the chance.
PS the air conditioner unit looked extremely questionable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed at Saint Vincent's so many times, I can't count them. And every time is a great experience. If you expect five star accommodations, you should get a room somewhere else, but if you want to experience the history and beauty that makes New Orleans you must stay here! I only have 2 complaints, and they are both trivial. First, and most importantly, my Melvin doesn't work there anymore, according to the desk jockey. And if you plan to stay in the winter, bring blankets and/or a heater, as the building is not heated. Otherwise, I plan to stay MANY more nights at Saint Vincent's. I may even move in!
Brandy Kinney

• Stayed January 2011

Been to St. Vincent's Guest House? Share your experiences!