“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
North Carolina
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am a cheese lover so I was in heaven. I read about this place in Gun & Garden a while back and had been anxiously waiting to eat here. My husband and I shared a cheese platter and meat platter, all selected by the chef. While some cheeses and meats were better than others, we had a blast pairing the cheeses and meats with different jams and spreads. We went on a Sunday for a late lunch, and the place was crowded during our entire visit. I would make a special effort to go out of my way to eat here if I were ever in the area again. Note that if you do come from the French Quarter, the green line tram is closed in between the French Quarter and Garden District for construction while the city gets ready for the Superbowl in Feb 2013. To get back to the French Quarter, you can call a cab or take the bus. We took the bus, which was clean and safe.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cheese-tastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We got lunch at the St. James Cheese Company. They had some fantastic looking sandwiches, but we went with a cheese board, the better to try their cheese. And their cheese was fantastic. We especially liked what I think was the Fleur de Maquis. But they were all very good.

Visited November 2012
Indiana
“Amazing Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

On Prytania in the uptown section of NOLA, this small retail cheese and sandwich shop is a gem. You won't find many tourists here, just locals looking for really good food at more than reasonable prices. My wife had the SMOKEY BLUE SANDWICH (the description is from the website)
House smoked Mycella blue cheese, top quality roast beef, Worcestershire mayo, tomatoes and lettuce on toasted Wild Flour multigrain bread. $8.95
This was the best sandwich I've ever tasted. The blend of distinct yet wonderfully combined flavors is really outstanding.
I had the "Hooks Cheddar" sandwich, and without adding from the website it is a blend of turkey and veggies on Ciabatta that absolutely satisfies.
Compared to what you get for a couple of bucks less at chain restaurants this is an amazing value and an authentically tasty place. Oh, and the Creole Creamery is just about a block away, so dessert is taken care of as well.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“A little out of the way, but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I tried to convince them to sell me some of their chutney it was sooo good. My brother lives in NOLA, so this is an out of the way place that he took us to. It was totally worth it. The food was fantastic. It is a limited menu, but everything I tried was great.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Virginia
“Dreamin of cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have thought about this since I left. I loved it. Crowded but worth it. Yummy!!!

Visited June 2012