“Great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,023 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Very new just opened prior to New Years. Food is very good, space is beautiful and the wait staff were great. It is in the Hotel Modern on Lee Circle on St. Charles.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We ate breakfast here and I had the best shrimp & grits I've ever eaten! My husband had an open faced omelet filled with shrimp and bacon which was also good. Service was also great!

Visited March 2012

New Orleans, LA
“Interesting Possibilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We are big fans of Vietnamese cuisine, which is available in abundance in the greater New Orleans area, so we were intrigued by the possibilities of a fusion of the colonial French influence with it. Everyone at the table enjoyed their appetizers and mains. I opted for a salad; the cilantro lime dressing was very flavorful and unique, while the others enjoyed onion soup with an eastern-spiced spin. The duck entree was attractive and highly praised. I got the drum, a generous portion with a tasty pan crust and served on a delicious risotto base. Service was very good until the restaurant filled up, so we waited a bit for the check, but otherwise no complaints. The background music was a bit bizarre - cathedral pipe organ followed by 'Gidget Goes Hawaiian' type '60's rock??? Still, we'll go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans
“Good (3*), verging on Very Good (4*).”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Concerns about parking vanished with charming complimentary valet parking. Seated quickly. We had perused the menu on line, and I was dying to try their "Oh, Wait for the next Streetcar" cocktail, infused vodka, damiana, peppercorn syrup, and orange bitters. They said they were out of the special vodka, I said make it with another. They then said it was being phased out, I asked they phase it in. They declined. I read something on line about damiana being illegal in Louisiana. Really disappointed. We took the "Le Crepescule" cocktail, tasty but weak.

I ordered the pork Porterhouse, my wife the scallops. We selected two wines, they were out of one (which would have been perfect for my pork). The Porterhouse was tasty, but rather overcooked relative to my request. The scallops were delicious.

All in all a very good meal, tinged with disappointment. I give it a 3*, which is good for me (5* excellent, 4* Very Good, 3* Good, 2* Weak, 1* Poor). Properly cooked pork, the right cocktail and wine, and it would have been a 4*.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We had breakfast and it was delicious if a bit pricey.

Visited March 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Interesting Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a nice spot but very small. I was so close to the people on my right, It was a bit uncomfortable. We were so close we were forced to have a conversation. The service was slow, but to be fair, it was a very busy sports weekend in New Orleans. I liked how the managers and even the chef were helping out at the tables. Yes, even the chef! LOL!
I thought the food choices were decent. I had the kobe beef short rib (I think it was a special). I know kobe beef should be tender and flavorful, but it was just mushy. It was over cooked and the texture was weird. My friend had the flounder, and it was good. The cocktail menu is exciting. I had the Ah, wait for the next streetcar. That was the name of my drink. It was tamarind infused vodka, damiana, mixed peppercorn syrup and orange bitters. I liked it so much, I had two. We passed on dessert, and was surprised with white cotton candy before we left our table. They were giving it to everyone who wanted it. I'm not sure if they do this all the time. It was cute, but interesting. I would like to try this place on another night when they aren't so busy. It is something cool about it, and worth giving another chance.

Visited January 2012