“Much Better Than Expected” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #502 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Continental
Silverado, California
“Much Better Than Expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had no hopes of having a decent meal in a museum cafe, but we were starving. We were both pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food we got at the NOMA cafe. My husband had the Cuban sliders, and I had a turkey bacon panini. Mine was pretty good, and he loved his. I had a strange lemonade concoction with basil, which *almost* worked. I like that they are very creative with their menu, which allows them to either WOW or fail. For what they are and what they are expected to do, I think they do it fairly well. I would try them again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Metairie, Louisiana
“Food and Art United!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I highly recommend the New Orleans Museum of Art for a good art experience in a beautiful setting, City Park in New Orleans, Louisiana. After viewing the latest exhibit (Gordon Parks' superb photography is now on display), head to Ralph Brennan's Cafe NOMA, on the first floor of the museum. Splendid food in a relaxed, happy setting. Yesterday I had turtle soup and a chipotle-marinated portobello mushroom slider. Yum! It's no surprise that Travel & Leisure magazine named Cafe NOMA as one of the "12 Best American Museum Restaurants." It's well deserved.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Such a beautiful museum and an adorable cafe, but my how ugly hearted are the staff. It's probably why the soup was so disgusting, it was made with hatred not love. The waitress who only showed her face once did not have an ounce of personality. Please please please don't visit this establishment. It will leave you hungry and disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
santa fe
“mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nothing special. Just museum food. Ate there because we got really hungry. Its not bad, but there are so many good places to eat, why bother?

Visited April 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Not just your everyday museum cafe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This being a museum cafe I wasn't expecting much but I was extremely pleasantly surprised. The service was friendly and helpful and the food, my wife and I had salads which were superb and our son had a soup and a sandwich which he also enjoyed. My wife and I shared a very nice bottle of Riesling, which was very reasonably priced indeed. All in all it was a great experience and greatly to be recommended.

• Visited April 2013