“The Crack Den Experience” 1 of 5 stars

You added Red Carpet Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Red Carpet Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   6050 Chef Menteur Highway, New Orleans, LA 70126   |
Ranked #138 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“The Crack Den Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

OMG. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was epically disgusting! There was some kind of stains on the mattress, I think it was dead hooker's blood. There were cigarette burns in the blankets of the non smoking room, lipstick stains on the "clean towels", dried urine on the floor of the bathroom around the toilet. A suspicious white crusty substance on the TV. Not to mention the used condom on the stairs to the second floor. This was not a "family friendly place" as the website boasted, I truly feared for my life! Do not stay here!

• Stayed November 2012

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Doniphan, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Don't let the picture fool you. As we arrived a hooker was out front picking up men and selling drugs. That's the truth we actually saw it happen. The motel was dirty and stinky, they tried to give us a smoking room when i payed for a non-smoking room. When we got back from dinner we pulled in and there were 6 police cars there arresting the hookers and the drugs dealers. We asked from our money back so we cod go somewhere safe but they refused. Attendant was rude and told us to stay in what we were used to not a out of the way place.

Room Tip: No good rooms at all
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This property does not earn any rating. We had 2 female adults and 2 small children. There were several cops when we pulled in. It was very shabby looking, but we just needed a place to sleep. We asked a policeman if it was safe and he suggested we go elsewhere. We were informed the place was known for "ladies of the evening" and drugs/pot per the officer. We decided to check out the room. BIG MISTAKE. All I can say was it was NASTY. We pulled the bedspread off the bed and there were bugs running. The night manager was in the parking lot with a group of men. He said that if he knew we were upscale people he would have put us in another room. The room we got was a "turnover" room per him. He said he was unable to give us a refund. We contacted hotels.com (where we booked the room) and was told they would give us a $20 credit toward future rooms. We definitely won't book thru them again. This hotel should not even be on their webpage. I expected better for $81.00 a night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Was trying to book a 3 star hotel online and was told that hotel was unavailable. Customer service agent suggested a comparable hotel nearby. (This is a one and a half star at best) I asked for the location so we could go look at it but was told rooms were filling up and i should go ahead and reserve. We arrived there 15 min later. Area felt extremely unsafe, drunk people staggering between the convenience store next door and the hotel. There was a chain link fence to the rooms. I went into the shabby lobby to speak with the desk clerk Brett. He was rude and unhelpful. He said there was a 100% cancellation fee because I hadn't cancelled before 4pm the previous day. I explained that we'd only booked the reservation 15 min earlier but he still refused any refund. I think 73 on a tuesday for a shady area such as this is extreme.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Wish I had read some reviews before i booked....Booked and paid on line for my father in law a room, thru hot wire...when he arrived they told him they needed a credit card on file that it was a hot wire requirement, he should have called becasue i had already given hot wire my credit card, anyway room was paid in full he had the hotwire confirmation number he was told his card would not be charged..... the very next morning he checked his bank account and they had charged him $30 and said it would be returned on his departure that it was just pending...lie it was not pending it was charge the same moment they told him they were just holding the card and it was not pending and the $30 was not returned he had to go to the bank to dispute the discharges....just $30 but how many people do they do this to GREAT SCAM RED CARPET! You SUCK

Room Tip: dont stay here ever they lie and they are rude
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Auburn, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I booked a whirlpool suite for a romantic getaway online at hotel.com the day before I was expected to come. When I arrived the next day, they told me they had overbooked and were unable to give me the whirlpool suite. I wasn't even notified before my arrival! Instead, they offered me a double bed room for the same price I paid for the whirlpool suite. I had to call hotel.com before 4 o'clock to cancel my reservation and had to book a new hotel room, which was seriously inconvenient! Apparently, a walk-in had arrived 30 seconds within the time I had booked the suite online and they were given the suite instead. It appeared they were low on staff as well. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. My plans were ruined due to them.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have stayed at the campground here on 2 previous occassions. We've never had a problem, though the facilities are average at best. I made reservations for New Years Eve back in November. The site was booked for 3 nights through a reservation site. I requested 30 amp service and a pull through site. When i received the confirmation I saw they had me set for 50 amp service, which I am unable to use, and charged me an extra $15.00 for this service.

I emailed them right away to correct this and requested they credit my card back for the $15.00 charge but never heard from them. I decided I would address this when I arrived in New Orleans. When I got there I spoke to the man at the registration desk and he told me they "are working on getting this corrected". The site didn't matter since the entire campground was practically empty. I still hadn't heard anything about the over charge by the time I left so I decided to drop it. However, when I checked my account I found there was an additional charge for $105.00. This angered me a bit and I decided since I had to call them again about that charge that I also wanted the other $15.00 as well.

When I spoke to them they told me they had already cancelled the charge for $105.00 but that no one there could refund the $15.00 and I would have to call the reservation company for the refund. I called them and they seemed confused as to why I was referred to them but they called for me to try to straighten it out. I received a call back from them and was told that Mardi Gras Campground/Red Carpet Inn refused to refund the money.

Now I'm pissed so I called back to the campground and told them I wanted to no what their justification was for keeping my money? This was their answer verbatim....."There IS NO JUSTIFICATION. We just don't do refunds!". The person I spoke with told me he would "talk to the boss" about it and call me back but so far I've had no return phone calls.

It's not about the $15.00 anymore but the principle. They admit they owe me the money but just refuse to give it back.

BEWARE doing business with these ripoffs!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!