“A Cool Hotel in a Cool City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loft 523 New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Loft 523 New Orleans to your Saves list
Loft 523 New Orleans
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   523 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #39 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Brooklyn, New York
“A Cool Hotel in a Cool City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband & I recently stayed at the Loft 523 Hotel for a wedding. It was a FABULOUS stay! Our deluxe room was above Le Phare, although it's a nightclub and it doesn't open until 9 or 10PM, the noise level didn't bother us (what noise level? We were out all night). The hotel even offered us a $50 drink coupon for the bar, which we were unable to use. On a recent stay in New Orleans we stayed at the sister hotel, International House, around the corner. If the $50 Le Phare drink coupon could be used at that bar as well, I would rate this tops all the way!

Essentially the front desk help is super nice, helpful and friendly. They are young and hip and look great in those uniforms ;-) Our room was amazingly roomy, with tons of sunlight, and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever had in a hotel room. Although our bathroom had no tub, the shower was big enough for 2 and nicely laid out.

Loft 523 is in a GREAT location, it's so close to the French Quarter and so close to the uptown bus on Magazine Street. I went to Tulane so I lived in this great city for 5 years - I wish the Loft 523 were around back then because I would've had all my family and friends stay there!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I booked Loft 523 for my husbands birthday weekend. We are frequent travelers to New Orleans and are always looking for a hotel that sets the tone for the stay. We both loved this hotel. It is a great place for both a chic young crowd and older people that like to feel like they are still in the mix. The rooms are large and very modern. i am a fan of modern art and architecture so I was really excited to see the room decor.
The staff could not do enough for us. They made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived.
The bar opens at about 10 p.m. They had fantastic music and talented bartenders.
i am sure to be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Best place for the space, location, and decor.

Love the ultra modern electronics and warehouse feel. The only place I will stay in NOLA.
The lounge is a cool spot where there is a nice scene for the beautiful people in New Orleans. It is walking distance to the convention center and to Bourbon St.

Loved It.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I stayed here in the early 2000s and had a wonderful experience as was heartbroken when it closed down post-Katrina. Now, I'm happy to report this chic, fun loft hotel is back and better than ever.

I particularly love the spoon bathtubs (a feature that makes upgrading to a superior room very worth it). This place is a great bargain compared to nearby CBD hotels, and I highly recommend staying here. Great staff, clean and amazing space. Comfy rooms.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed at Loft 523 and we very pleased with our experience. The hotel is off the beaten path, no sign, yet close enough to walk everywhere.

Our room was huge! Very nice bathrooms. I've read quite a few reviews that said the noise from the club is too loud but we were on the 4th floor and the noise was not an issue. In fact, we it seemed like we had the entire hotel to ourselves.

The people at the front desk were very helpful with dinner reservations and directions.

All in all, a great place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Dont stay here if you require any sleep at all during the night.This was the loudest hotel we have ever stayed in.Besides the nightclub that ROCKS all night long,we had someone over us walking all day and all night,toilets flushing,doors slamming,people yelling,horns honking.
The rooms are certainly showing their age and not all parts were in working order.Lightbulbs out,ceiling fan not working,speakers on surround sound didnt work,carpeting frayed.The beds were on the floor and difficult to get out of unless you roll out of the side onto your knees and then stand.Seriously.
I get what they were trying to do here but they didnt execute the design.
The People at the desk were nice and pleasant but we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I'm going to start with the policy, so when you book there are three choices of rooms, superior deluxe, deluxe and we will rock you, which means you are above the club and it is loud, I booked months in advance and got a better rate than most people in the hotel and booked the deluxe room which is the middle rate. I was put in a we will rock you room because I had the lowest rate of the other guests who booked the deluxe rooms, so because I was first and lowest I got bumped because when they get a busy weekend the deluxe room on the we will rock you floor becomes a deluxe room magically. There isn't anywhere on the website that warns you of this. Since it is such a busy weekend there is no where else to go and you just have to deal with it so they can get away with it. This is not a way to treat people. Also the kid and I stress kid at the desk was not nice and acted as though we were bothering him and you could see it in his face that he did not want to deal with us. The structure of the hotel is cool and the room is cool but if you come to New Orleans on a busy weekend do not book this hotel unless you pay the highest rate you might get rocked all night long!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Loft 523 New Orleans? Share your experiences!