“Everything was Just Right” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loft 523 New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Loft 523 New Orleans to your Saves list
Loft 523 New Orleans
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   523 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #37 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Waco, Texas
“Everything was Just Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in a top floor room, and have had few out of town stays as pleasant. The room was fantastically full of comfortable furniture, a very good bed, a great workspace, and a spa-quality bathroom. Spending a little more than a chain hotel resulted in productive work, pleasant sleep, and an overall good experience. There a small refrigerator available, which I think is better than a mini-bar, and its located close to downtown (work), and the Quarter (food). I'm going back, and this will be my first choice for a stay.

Room Tip: Go Top floor...worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My experience at Loft 523 was unlike any other I've experienced - the room was minimalistic, almost spartan, the artwork was striking, the lighting more like what you would find in an art gallery than in a hotel room. At first, the look didn't strike my fancy, to be honest, but it really grew on me after the first day.

Likes:

1) Love that there are iPod speakers in the room. The one thing I miss when I travel is music (I always forget to bring my speakers!), so I was able to jam out when getting ready for work.
2) Love the rainwater showerhead! Seriously. Amazing. Also, the bathroom feels like something out of a movie.
3) The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the room was GINORMOUS. Seriously - gigantic. Lots of room to jump around and dance, if that's your thing.

Dislikes:

1) The internet sucked. I must have spent at least 2 hours trying to troubleshoot, and it still sucked.
2) The front desk sucked. The girl at the front desk was literally on her iPhone the entire time. Plus, there's nothing to do in the lobby, which was somewhat disappointing.

Overall, definitely worth the experience, if only to test your "coolness" factor, cause I honestly think only ultra-chic people would like this place at once.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went for a weekend trip with one of my girlfriends to NOLA and decided to stay at this hotel due to the great reviews, location, and style. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival, the concierge was so friendly it was like we were old friends. He told us all the places to check out and was very helpful. Lets not forget the hotel itself! It was gorgeous, with copper doors and HUGE loft style bedrooms that made you feel like you were in Europe. The only downside is that there is no room service, but we really didn't care because we wanted to try local pubs and restaurants anyway. It is so close to everything so you can walk to Bourbon Street, Magazine St...etc. Ultimately, I will DEFINITELY stay here upon my next visit to the Big Easy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brandon, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary at Loft 523 in New Orleans, and I must say it was the most unique and amazing place we've ever stayed. The modern, minimalist decor echo what you might expect in an Architectural Digest layout. The staff were great, and we felt like the only guests there. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husand and I stayed at Loft 523 this past weekend. We made reservations based on the positive reviews, however it would have been a good idea to listen to the negative for a clear picture. We were in the big easy for Tulane University move-in day and we wanted to stay in a cool hotel close to the FQ. Honestly, we were thoroughly disappointed. Here's what we experienced:

Overpowering musty smell in elevator, room, hallway
very dirty concrete floor in room
uncomfortable bed and bedding, chair and small couch in room
no refill of shampoo/conditioner/soap
closed bar (not just temporarily)
window, but only to see surrounding buildings
long wait to get anything - car from valet, ice and extra bedding delivered to room
no street number or name of hotel - has a copper door

nice front lobby staff (one at desk at most times)
very small property - 17 rooms and little to no amenities, large sized room

Apparently, we should have tried their other property - The International House.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway and were not disappointed! I wouldn't call this a "luxury" hotel but it is definitely spacious and has a great vibe! With high ceilings, plenty of open space, a comfy bed and a huge bathroom, it met our every need. As mentioned in some of the other reviews, it is a little tricky to find and parking can be a bear, but it's worth the extra effort and the valet service is fine. We didn't notice any of the noise some of the older reviews mentioned, but the bar in the lobby was being remodeled when we were there (even so, it's New Orleans! Who cares about a little noise??). We walked to the French Quarter (Bourbon Street) and back without any difficulty. The one thing we'd recommend to hotel management is: install adjustable shower heads. Loved the shower; hated the shower heads. All-in-all, we are looking forward to staying with you again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Loft 523 is in the perfect spot (close to Canal street, Harrah's and pretty much everything happening in THE BIG EASY!!! The discreet location was ideal. The penthouse was completely off the chain. The view was breath taking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Loft 523 New Orleans? Share your experiences!