“Sarah is a Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present the only FREE, name-your-own-price New Orleans tours. Learn much more than just Bourbon Street on our French Quarter Tour, about the well-heeled and their mansions on our Garden District Tour. Learn about New Orleans peculiar burial grounds on our St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour. Foodies will love our food tours and everyone will get spooked on our New Orleans ghost tours. We now also offer bike tours and soon photography and bus tours. You decide what a tour was worth after the tour is finished. Pay-what-you-like tours are great tours for every budget.
ny
12 attraction reviews
“Sarah is a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Best to text the number on the website to reserve a tour. You can also leave a vm, but it may not be returned right away. To get an actual person on the line, I had to call before 9am CT and spoke with Sarah.

We were in NOLA during Mardi Gras week and had planned to take several of these tours starting with the day we arrived. Due to a huge delay of our flight in, we had to cancel the tours, however, I am still rating this as excellent because Sarah spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me telling me about different sites to see in the area and also helping me find some other touring companies that offered tours she didn't offer. She was also very helpful with telling me some tips for Mardi Gras and general tourist-based advice for seeing NOLA.

If you go during Mardi Gras, be advised that the tour schedule is altered. I definitely plan on booking a tour with Sarah the next time I am in town.

Roanoke, Virginia
“New Orleans Garden District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Sarah was awesome. My sister and I came for the super Bowl, but this tour is what I will remember in ten years! If you don't book a tour with this girl you deserve not to have a great time! History, local dirt, what more could you want? The $20.00 we each tipped was not enough for the experience we got!

Visited January 2013
New York, NY
23 attraction reviews
“French Quarter, Garden District/Lafayette Cemetery/Ghost Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Amazing tour guides, amazing facts and stories, people on this tour really give you an experience, just a quintessential NOLA experience, ghost tour was amazing, it had amazing feeling due to the stories and the... fog

Visited January 2013
Florida
“Walking Encyclopedia of New Orleans Knowledge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Did both the French Quarter and Garden District tours on the same day. Joanne and Sarah were exceptional guides -- spunky, smart and full of great stories. The FQ tour was 1.5 hours and the GD was 2+ hours.

Be sure to tip them well -- I am sure you will agree they earned it. They do have to share the tips with the business owners.

NJ
5 attraction reviews
“Made the French Quarter educational and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The French Quarter is so much more than bars and a party scene, and our tour guide, Joe, did a great job showing us that. He was able to share the history of the area and point out details we never would have noticed without him. Fun and interesting tour. It is a free tour, but obviously they work for tips.