“Stan's the man” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

You added Quality Inn & Suites Downtown to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Stan's the man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We've stayed at many of the finest hotels in New Orleans over the years and it has always been a mystery why this Quality Inn was rated # 1 in New Orleans by Trip advisor reviewers? So we decided to take a couple of days to visit and see for ourselves. One of the joys of being retired is the freedom to indulge our curosity on such a venture.
Nothing about the location or facility is "over the top" or unique and there isn't that romantic New Orleans French Quarter cache, but everything about what a good hotel property should be is combined in this property with one of the most outstanding hotel managers we've ever experienced. His name is Stanley, and he brings personal attention and customer service to an exceptional high level. And his staff reflects the same dedication. He facilitated a superior room upgrade during a very busy time and responded to our special needs without hesitation. We felt like we were visiting Stan's home and he truly made us feel "at home." We left feeling certain that sometime soon we'd find another excuse to come down to New Orleans and stay at "Stan's house."
As to the property; it was neat, clean and orderly. The rooms were more than satisfactory and the price was very reasonable in a town where high priced rooms in or near the French Quarter is the norm. Some reviews were critical of the parking situation. Well, it's less than a block away in a safe location, the hotel price for parking is very reasonable for this part of town, and service is prompt.
If you're coming to New Orleans and have money to burn there's plenty of great hotels in and around the French Quarter. If you want to spend some time in a clean, safe and well run hotel..and you want to spend your money on great food and entertainment instead of a room, then you can't beat this Quality Inn.
Besides..Stan's the man.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

This hotel is great. It is right in the middle of downtown, walking distance to all the major areas (french quarter, riverwalk, Harrah's casino, jackson square). We had first booked a room with a queen bed, but the front desk lady said that bed would be small, and automatically upgraded us to a king bed with no extra charge. She also gave us a discount for the parking garage. The room is nice, clean and neat. It has a nice little kitchen area too with a fridge and microwave. The exterior of the building looks old and it can deceive people from booking here, but don't let the outside fool you. The price is reasonable too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting to New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
tampa, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

After reading the recent reviews of this place I had pretty high expectations but I wonder if other people just have really low expectations. The staff and service was really great ( Art was super helpful and attentive). The room was ok, not the best ever by any stretch. I imagine the place gets pretty trashed during mardi gras which ended just two weeks prior to our arrival so that may have contributed to the dirty look and feel. The bed blanket had lots of obvious stains on it but the sheets and pillows looked clean. The parking situation was kind of a joke, $17/day and they leave your windows rolled down the whole time with the keys laying on the front seat. This unnerved me quite a bit needless to say.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed here for a convention in November. Less than half the cost of my convention hotel for a five block walk. Like so many others, I was given a free room upgrade on my arrival. I would agree with this being rated the #1 value for downtown New Orleans. Are there nicer hotels? Yes, but for your dollar this is a great place. Exterior is dated and unexceptional. Interior is clean. The place shows some wear at a few points, but overall very clean and comfortable. Room was fine and clean, and had a frig and microwave as well as internet and cable TV. Everything worked fine. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good as free breakfasts go, and there were always more substantial hot options like scrambled eggs, etc., not just pastries and cereal. Stanley, Art, and the rest of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Got directions and advice, and they let me use their printer to print a boarding pass. Very impressive service. Easy walk to Canal Street, Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, and most conference hotels. Not too far to the Superdome either. With room rates typically under a hundred dollars, an incredibly good value.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Chico, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Room was small but clean and adequate. Common areas not so well kept up. Extremely friendly staff. Great price/location combination. Fee for parking.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Munhall, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I can't say what we liked best because EVERY aspect of our 2-day stay was exceptional--from the attentive staff (especially Stanley (General Manager) and Kentrell (Reception), to the accommodations, the FULL, FREE breakfast buffet (try the waffles - delicious!), the cleanliness of our room and the value for the money. Whoever designed this hotel did an EXCELLENT job. The entire layout of the hotel and rooms were carefully thought out-- for the patron's comfort -- from the automatic double doors as you enter (so you're not cold/hot while checking in/out) to the minor things such as ladel holders at the buffet. Our room had every imaginable convenience -- a coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, etc. and a card stating "if we forgot anything else we needed to feel comfortable, just ask". We couldn't think of a thing! Would HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

As a frequent user of Trip Advisor ratings, I chose this hotel based on other reviews. I was delighted to find a property so close to my conference (one block) and at one half the rate of the conference hotel. When I called the hotel directly, I was greeted by an extremely friendly young woman and I really felt like they appreciated my considering their property. Over the next few months I called them a few times about a number of questions, and each time they provided an exceptional customer service experience. They even called me ahead of time to confirm the reservation.

When I checked in with my wife, they welcomed us with a great big smile to their hotel, and even up-graded us to a suite at no additional charge. The suite was spotless, spacious, and had a very comfortable bed with extra pillows. During our week long stay at the hotel, we needed their help with recommendations for restaurants, sites to see, and transportation. Every recommendation for a restaurant resulted in a fantastic dining experience and we quickly learned we could trust their judgement.

While the hotel is not a fancy one, it provides an amazing value for the rate charged and I can truly say the service exceeded hotels in which I have paid five times the rate.

When I left, I truly felt that I had stayed with very special friends and my wife even gave them a big hug. Stanley, the General Manager, does an exceptional job bringing together fantastic staff and deserves much praise. I wish they could all be cloned and sent out to lots of other hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!