“It doesn't get any better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Downtown to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“It doesn't get any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

Stayed 2 nights here on my first ever trip to New Orleans and it was fabulous! From the second we walked through the door, the staff outdid themselves. Our room was great, clean, comfy, just perfect. I think they were having a problem with the a.c. while we were there because we got a call from the front desk asking if we were cool enough and letting us know they were working on it. We even had them take photos of us in the hotel lobby before we went out for the evening and we got some great restaurant recommendations also. And they called a cab for us both nights we were there. The location couldn't be any better for the french quarter. Unfortunately, we never made it downstairs for breakfast in time (we stayed out pretty late and couldn't wake up that early!) We did use the free internet though and that worked fine. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit N.O.

• Liked — the staff and the room!
  • Disliked — having to leave after only 2 short nights
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

Spent a full week there in November 2008. Great position, good breakfast, good rooms, very friendly personnel! Convenient parking in a garage across the street.
Regards, Mika from Finland.

Genk, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

This was an incredible experience. I'm a frequent traveller, not extremely demanding, but as I travel on my own,I like some personal contact, when I arrive in a hotel. This was it ! Upon arrival, coming from an exhausting sailing course in Key West, I was asked by the frontdesk, if I would like a free upgrade. I got a nice room with queensize bed, kitchenette and living room with a second tv. All that for not 100USD a night. Next morning, I was welcomed by Stanley Mascair, general manager at the frontdesk, with a nice : 'Goodmorning Miss Ireen, how can I help you?' I told him, I didn't come to New Orleans to only see the French Quarter, I wanted also to see the areas hit by Katharina. One of his helps hurried to get me a brochure and helped me make a good choice. I saw the 9th ward, in a small bus , with an excellent guide. I was knocked off my socks by the scale of the devastation and the grim future of the ones who lived here. But I'm glad I saw it with my own eyes. When I returned to the hotel, I was asked again, how it was, if they could do anything for me. I told about my big bag of laundry. No problem,we can take care of it or there is a washer and dryer on the sixth floor. For no money, I had all my laundy clean and dry.. Never forget Mr Baba, who came by as I was at the washer. I asked for a basket or big plastic bag. No worry, Baba will take care of that. He came back with two giant bags. I had no change, to give him a tip. He said: No worry, Baba is here to help you.
Isn't this really nice! I was enchanted. This has become so rare in our world of chain hotels, where no one really cares.
I told Mr Mascair about my satisfaction. He is in this business for ages and his aim is to tell everyone working for him, how inportant it is to make a guest feel at home.
He and his staff gets from me a ***** !
If you travel to New Orleans, get there. It's only one block from Canal Street and the Streetcar. It's a quiet and friendly oasis!
Highly recommended!

• Liked — feeling like home, thanks to the friendly staff
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

Dear potential Customers,

I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Downtown New Orleans for 5 days in November 2008, and my experience was satisfactory.

The place is convenient located to most of New Orleans attractions and businesses. It is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. Provided breakfast was abundant and nice, even though the choice was limited.

I stayed in a "queen room", which had a little kitchen corner (fridge, microwave, sink, and coffee machine). Far from allowing you proper cooking the kitchen corner comes handy for late/early breakfasts and those meals when you cannot be bothered with going to a restaurant (plenty of food stores open 24 hrs in the area). The separate living space in the room (sofa, armchair, coffee table and extra television) made the accommodation suitable for long working stays, which become uncomfortable in a pocky room.

Finally, the main criticism: the price. I was charged $190 per night, excluding taxes, service charges, etc. It is frankly too much for the service that they provide, but if your company pays.......

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Angers, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Very professional, friendly and helpful staff in this clean, all-comfort hotel. Had a great 5-day stay here and can recommend this hotel without hesitation. Although the downtown area is quiet at night, you're just 1 minute walk from Canal street which is always busy, and 5 minutes from the west side of Bourbon street in the French Quarter. Modern hotel with all the amenities though nothing very "New Orleans" about it. Not the best option if you're looking for local charm but otherwise excellent.

• Liked — Friendly staff, cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

Perfectly located on a quiet street in the Financial and within very short walking distance of ALL the sites of this charming city. GREAT customer service (Stanley at reception particularly excellent). Free internet and immaculate rooms sealed the deal. Only downside is the complimetary breakfast which was not great but this was a minor point. would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — location and staff
  • Disliked — breakfast
socal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

We stayed at the Quality Inn for 3 nights and it was excellent in every way! The reviews we read on TripAdvisor were accurate. Our room on the 3rd floor was nice and a good value for the price. The location was perfect - 2 blocks from the French Quarter and the streetcar line.

The General Manager, Stanley Mascair, and Janell at the front desk, took care of us personally with info. about the city and recommendations and maps for sightseeing.

The breakfast is very good and was more than just continental. There were eggs, sausage and grits in addition to the usual waffles, cereal, fruit, etc.

• Liked — Wonderful service
  • Disliked — Parking garage 1 block away
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!