“Pretty Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

You added Quality Inn & Suites Downtown to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Upside
Location, price, staff. Easy walking to French Quarter and street car transportation. The price was reasonable compared to other properties in the area. Staff was focused on their guests.
Could have been better
Parking. Located a block or so away from the hotel and getting access to the car wasn't very convenient. Price for parking was a lot less at this hotel. The valet guys were abusing one of their customers cars when I had to retrieve something from my car.
Just OK
Breakfast. Room. Internet was down in the morning. Called the front dek and it was resolved in 10 minutes. Front side of hotel lots of street noise, emergency vehicles.

Room Tip: Stay on back side away from street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I had planned a trip to New Orleans for about 2 months. We reserved a room in downtown at another hotel and they took it upon themselves to give our room away due to the cruise ship issue. So at 9pm we were forced to find another hotel. After calling around for about an hour I called this one as a last resort. (I had seen other hotels on this street that had horrible reviews). They said they had 1 room left. I told them I had a coupon for a walk-in and they told me since it was their last room that they would hold it anyway. When we arrived in front of the hotel I was nervous since the building looks old. They said the parking was around the corner at a discounted rate of $15 through the hotel (and believe me when I tell you that is cheap compared to other places). There is a security guard sitting at the door as soon as you walk in, and it made me feel even better about the area since I was unfamiliar with it. The staff was more tan helpful, and as polite as you can possibly be. Our room was small but was not lacking anything....other than a window (we were in an inner room so there was no window). It was exceptionally clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The wi-fi is hard to connect to if you have an inner room but once you connect it works well. We didn't have to drive anywhere, it was about 2 blocks from Canal. Breakfast was good, a little bit of everything for everyone. The staff was wonderful, but I saw the most of the night staff and they were very helpful with directions and things to do that locals do. Even over at the valet parking area the guys were nice, they took very good care of my car, and offered any assistance they could. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel or their choice for parking. I will come back, and it will be my first pick every time I come to New Orleans from now on.

Room Tip: In the inner rooms, you cannot hear any street noise (as I have seen complained about in other revie...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for the Super Bowl not knowing anything about it. I wanted to be close to Bourbon Street and the Casino. It was an idea location. Did not have to use my car at all. There was a $17 cost for parking but it was good comparing to what others places was charging. The entire management team was excellent. They always had a smile on their face and made us feel right at home.Directions front desk gave was good. Our room was super and housekeeping was good. Anything we asked for was available within a reasonable time frame. Will stay again on my next trip to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for queen suite with bathroom separating the beds.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
LaGrange, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

staff very friendly, the hotel was very clean ,Breakfast was great the over all trip was AWESOM! we will stay again Everything is in walking distance it was awesome the only one thing could be upgraded is the mattress they are worn out but very clean

Room Tip: very clean
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a great hotel. It is a two block walk to the French Quarter. The rooms are clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Even the continental breakfast was better than most. We stayed in one of the suites and enjoyed the extra space of the sitting room. There is some street noise but it did not bother my husband nor I. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to New Orleans.

Room Tip: If street noise bothers you, ask the hotel for a quiet room.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the end of January, 2013. The location is literally 5 mins walk to French Quarter. The parking is a lot cheaper than other hotels in the neighborhood ($17/day), so that's pretty nice. We've got upgraded to a suite. The room was spacious with a little nice sitting area. The building is a little bit old but the staff was really friendly and helpful. Will come back again!

Room Tip: Ask for suites.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. From the moment we arrived until we departed every staff member we encountered was outstanding. The staff in this hotel really care about their customers. They were great about recommendations, bus/trolley schedules, parade routes and it goes on & on. When they found out it was my birthday the staff members on duty signed a birthday card with sprinkles in it and upgraded us to a larger room. In addition we got there at 12:30 PM almost 3 hours before check-in and they got us right in. Stan, the front desk clerk was outstanding. All the staff kept asking if we enjoyed our stay and if I was having a great birthday weekend. The lady at the breakfast buffet even made my husband's waffle for him. Request a room on a high floor (we were on the 8th) away from the elevator on the back of the building. Parking is an additional $17 a night in a garage near the hotel. The location was great on a fairly quiet street but close enough to walk to Bourbon St and the French Quarter. One more our bellman (can't remember his name) was fantastic. We will be back again.

Room Tip: High floor, quiet room on back of building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!