“A Hidden New Orleans treasure!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

You added Quality Inn & Suites Downtown to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Pensacola, Florida
“A Hidden New Orleans treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My uncle and I stayed at this Quality Inn and Suites on Wednesday December 5th because it was relatively close to Tulane Hospital where he was scheduled to have surgery that Friday morning. It was cancelled and we had to retrieve our belongings at the hotel in the middle of the afternoon the following day and, also cancel the following night. The front desk and general manager could not have been better in how they handled the situation.
The room was exceptionally clean and spacious. Chips were left on our beds to greet us. The continental breakfast was superior to most Comfort Suites. The lobby was very well appointed and spacious, especially for a big city hotel. I can certainly see how this hotel is and should be rated #3 in New Orleans.
Lastly, but certainly not least at the hotel has Glenn, the first person to greet you at night, and, from what I could tell, could answer any question about the city, in detail, if necessary.

Room Tip: I suspect there is not a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My stay at this hotel was for four nights as I attended a conference a few blocks away. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the French Quarter and many of the tourist attractions nearby. Yet it is out of the way and not plagued by some of the noise and crowd concerns that hotels in the Quarter face every day. The room was clean though slightly run down. The bathroom was clean and in very good shape. The bed was comfortable, amenities were adequate and there's a flat screen TV. I was on the seventh floor and it was very quiet. The free hot breakfast was entirely adequate and filling. But what this hotel has that makes it an excellent place is a great staff. The desk, housekeeping, maintenance and breakfast people are outstanding. I never saw a staff member who seemed unhappy with his or her job. Everyone was friendly and more than willing to help, and the sense I got was that this was genuine caring and not just something put on. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits New Orleans. A ten minute easy walk will bring you to the craziness that is the Big Easy and a ten minute easy walk will allow you a quick escape.

Room Tip: Upper floors are best to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed in New Orleans with my sister for a weekend. As you can imagine, we were both a little concerned about where we would stay as two twenty-somethings out for the weekend.

I'm very happy that we chose to stay at the Quality Inn. Right off the bat, we were greeted by Glen with a friendly smile and an enthusiasm to get us familair with our surroundings.

When I got to the check-in desk, I told the receptionist, Jenny, that I knew we were early, and that we could wait in the lobby for our check-in time. I also added that on the hotel's website I wasn't able to book a rooms with two beds. I asked if it would be possible to switch it around. Not only did she switch our rooms, but she had our room ready in just a few minutes! It was great! I'll add that while we waited about 10 minutes for the room, Glen and Jenny both offered us juices and waters to make us more comfortable in the lobby.

When we were heading out for the night, Glen made sure we knew exactly where we were going and gave us a map as well.

Our room was nice too with a mini fridge and comfy beds.

Overall, I thought this hotel was really nice and I would give a 10 for service!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Randleman, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staff is more then helpful and always friendly and waiting to help out. Rooms are clean and very nice and we were upgraded to a queen suite. The location was a minute walk from Bourbon Street and all the goings on of New Orleans. We walked everywhere and never felt unsafe! We arrived early and called them a day early to let them know and they got our room to us a couple of hours early and held our luggage for us while we waited. We went and got our bearings downtown while we waited so it was actually helpful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!! Will stay again if we go back to NOLA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aylmer, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is the only place I stay in NOLA. It is all about the service. There is very little staff change over so you are remembered. I've never caught the Desk Staff --who go out of their way to make sure we have what we need and know what we are doing -- nor a housekeeper in a bad mood. Check in and out is personalised and efficient. The rooms are clean, they continue to upgrade the lobby, breakfast appeals to most tastes. These folks understand the meaning of hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while attending a Saints NFL game. I must say, everyone...from the manager to the breakfast cleanup lady, was very friendly and seemingly concerned about keeping people happy. It's obvious walking around, that New Orleans has not rebounded completely from Katrina and/or the economy, so it seemed to us that businesses everywhere were VERY grateful tourists were there.

The first thing is....know the map layout BEFORE you drive there! Almost every street is a one-way street which can make driving challenging if you are new to the area. When you Google this hotel on street map you will see several choices of parking garages. Do NOT try to enter the parking garage right before the Quality Inn on O'Keefe...it is a private parking garage for the office building on the other side of it. (IF you enter it & the 'arm' goes up, you must pay the minimum $7 fee just to turn around...I found myself backing out into heavy traffic trying to leave) Instead, you continue PAST the Quality Inn (still on O'Keefe across Commons) and you'll see a small red PARK sign (on the same side as QI)...this is the garage with a deal with the hotel. It is a 'valet parking' type garage, but you have unlimited in/out privileges. When you check in, tell the clerk about the parking and they'll put it on your tab for $15 for 24 hours. (other garages were also $15 for 24 hours, but no in/out unless you restart the 'timer')

The second thing is...don't be afraid because this is a Quality Inn. Although it is an older hotel, we found it as good as a Choice Comfort Inn & Suites. I reserved a 2 Queens room and when we checked in the manager upgraded (unasked for) to a King mini-suite which came with a frig, microwave. The location was great for visiting all of the typical tourist places and super great on going to the football game....just a short walk of a few blocks to the stadium!

They offered free internet (although it was often somewhat slow and sometimes the connection was lost). They had the free breakfast as usual. There was also a Subway sandwich shop on the corner of the building (although the hours seem very limited compared to other Subway's) and 2 blocks away was a drug store which is always nice to have nearby.

We were within walking distance to NFL, Bourbon Street, Harrah's Casino, the Mississippi River & walkway, Decatur Street, the National WWII Museum (which was fantastic btw). The only bad part of staying here was the trolley cars....at the time, they were doing lots of construction for them so only some of them were running, the streets were all torn up where they run and traffic was a NIGHTMARE at times. We were planning on hopping on them to travel around and couldn't because of all the construction....which was one nice thing about staying at this particular hotel...it is off the main street (Canal) so not torn up (trolley unusable from Rampart to the river when we were there).

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Quality Inn a few weeks ago. We chose it based on TA reviews. Our original booking was for a room with a queen - for $119/night. Upon arrival, I asked the clerk if there was anything with a larger bed available and, after a few minutes, she found us a corner room with a king bed and separate sitting area - for the same price!! It was perfect. Small kitchenette with a microwave, coffeemaker and fridge. The bedroom was large with a comfortable bed, very nice linens and two large windows. The hotel is not fancy, as previous reviewers have pointed out, but somewhat retro, very comfortable, clean and quiet. Internet was free and fast. Parking was down the street at a separate parking garage for $17/night with in and out privileges. The location of the hotel was perfect - far enough away from the French Quarter to be quiet but close enough to walk to everything. Two blocks off of Canal St. and a short, five minute walk (or less!) to Bourbon St. We never felt unsafe walking at night - just stick to Canal St. and you'll be fine. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. They also have a free, continental style breakfast with fruit, yogurt, waffles, sausage, eggs, etc. The eggs left a lot to be desired but everything else was fresh and tasty. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and hope we get the opportunity to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!