“Great place to stay downtown when going to a Saints game” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Downtown to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Arizona
“Great place to stay downtown when going to a Saints game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while attending a Saints NFL game. I must say, everyone...from the manager to the breakfast cleanup lady, was very friendly and seemingly concerned about keeping people happy. It's obvious walking around, that New Orleans has not rebounded completely from Katrina and/or the economy, so it seemed to us that businesses everywhere were VERY grateful tourists were there.

The first thing is....know the map layout BEFORE you drive there! Almost every street is a one-way street which can make driving challenging if you are new to the area. When you Google this hotel on street map you will see several choices of parking garages. Do NOT try to enter the parking garage right before the Quality Inn on O'Keefe...it is a private parking garage for the office building on the other side of it. (IF you enter it & the 'arm' goes up, you must pay the minimum $7 fee just to turn around...I found myself backing out into heavy traffic trying to leave) Instead, you continue PAST the Quality Inn (still on O'Keefe across Commons) and you'll see a small red PARK sign (on the same side as QI)...this is the garage with a deal with the hotel. It is a 'valet parking' type garage, but you have unlimited in/out privileges. When you check in, tell the clerk about the parking and they'll put it on your tab for $15 for 24 hours. (other garages were also $15 for 24 hours, but no in/out unless you restart the 'timer')

The second thing is...don't be afraid because this is a Quality Inn. Although it is an older hotel, we found it as good as a Choice Comfort Inn & Suites. I reserved a 2 Queens room and when we checked in the manager upgraded (unasked for) to a King mini-suite which came with a frig, microwave. The location was great for visiting all of the typical tourist places and super great on going to the football game....just a short walk of a few blocks to the stadium!

They offered free internet (although it was often somewhat slow and sometimes the connection was lost). They had the free breakfast as usual. There was also a Subway sandwich shop on the corner of the building (although the hours seem very limited compared to other Subway's) and 2 blocks away was a drug store which is always nice to have nearby.

We were within walking distance to NFL, Bourbon Street, Harrah's Casino, the Mississippi River & walkway, Decatur Street, the National WWII Museum (which was fantastic btw). The only bad part of staying here was the trolley cars....at the time, they were doing lots of construction for them so only some of them were running, the streets were all torn up where they run and traffic was a NIGHTMARE at times. We were planning on hopping on them to travel around and couldn't because of all the construction....which was one nice thing about staying at this particular hotel...it is off the main street (Canal) so not torn up (trolley unusable from Rampart to the river when we were there).

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Quality Inn a few weeks ago. We chose it based on TA reviews. Our original booking was for a room with a queen - for $119/night. Upon arrival, I asked the clerk if there was anything with a larger bed available and, after a few minutes, she found us a corner room with a king bed and separate sitting area - for the same price!! It was perfect. Small kitchenette with a microwave, coffeemaker and fridge. The bedroom was large with a comfortable bed, very nice linens and two large windows. The hotel is not fancy, as previous reviewers have pointed out, but somewhat retro, very comfortable, clean and quiet. Internet was free and fast. Parking was down the street at a separate parking garage for $17/night with in and out privileges. The location of the hotel was perfect - far enough away from the French Quarter to be quiet but close enough to walk to everything. Two blocks off of Canal St. and a short, five minute walk (or less!) to Bourbon St. We never felt unsafe walking at night - just stick to Canal St. and you'll be fine. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. They also have a free, continental style breakfast with fruit, yogurt, waffles, sausage, eggs, etc. The eggs left a lot to be desired but everything else was fresh and tasty. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and hope we get the opportunity to stay here again!

Lemont, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The staff are very friendly, and helpful. They really want to make sure that you enjoy your stay. The rooms are quiet, very clean, and comfortable. Only about 3 blocks from the French Quarter. The location is very safe, and easy to navigate your way around. The bus stop is about 2 blocks away. The rates are very good, prices in the Quarter are at least double those offered at this hotel. The breakfast is good, fresh fruit, waffles, cereal, eggs. The sausage and bacon aren't the greatest, but can't beat the other items for a quick free breakfast to get you started. The parking offered is about half a block away and their staff was very nice as well. We walked to this hotel from the Quarter late at night and felt very safe, and the hotel has night security staff. Would stay here again on our next visit. Only complaints are that the bed was a bit too firm for my taste, and the pillows small. But those were minor, and wouldn't stop me from recommending this place. Oh, there is a nice fitness room too,modern workout equipment.

Room Tip: We stayed on one of the higher floors and found it very quiet and clean.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is my first time writing a review about a hotel-but we had such a great stay that i thougt it was worth sharing! We booked here based on other trip advisor reviews. We were in town for the MNF game, so we wanted something within proxity to the superdome as well as other attractions. This hotel is older, but it serves its purpose well. Good location, clean and great staff. The front desk staff was amazing-probably one of the most friendly and accomodating staff i have ever met on a trip. We were upgraded to a queen suite unexpectedly at check in. They were always helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions. Bourbon street is a quick 5-7 minute walk away. Conveniently close, but far enough away to get away from the madness. The breakfast was convenient and was enough to start our day so we could go out and experience NOLA! Definitly will stay here again!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Hotel was clean, quiet, and staff was very helpful. Bed was basic, comfortable and clean. Good pillows, good shower. Not as nice as a Hampton Inn, more like a Holiday Inn Express, but with far friendlier and knowledgeable staff. The breakfast was okay, pretty basic. All in all, not my first choice but definitely a good value and close to everything. A reliable place to stay one or two nights when you need to save some pennies and want to be a short walk from everything. Not my first choice, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose this hotel due to the excellent ratings it received on TripAdvisor. The staff is very friendly here, I was very impressed. Its an older hotel and is nothing fancy but that's what I was looking for. I wanted a place that would be clean and comfortable and that's what I got. I would hardly be there other than to sleep so I didn't need any special amenities.

The rooms with two queen beds were set up to where it feels like you are in two separate rooms with an adjoining bathroom. It was nice because me and my roomie didn't disturb each other if one of us wanted to stay up a little later than the other. We also didn't bump into each while getting ready unless we needed to be in the bathroom. The bathrooms are not big but its not a problem as long as it was clean, which it was, so I was satisfied. They could use a better showerhead but that might just be a personal preference, it still got the job done.

The breakfast was surprisingly good. Do not expect a free continental breakfast to include restaurant quality food. As long as you don't go in with that expectation you will be pleasantly surprised to find that they had plenty of food. There were toasters, two waffle makers, eggs, grits, oatmeal, muffins, 2 kinds of juices, coffee, tea, bacon, etc. The staff is also pretty good at watching to see if something runs out and they were quick to refill it. One of the staff even offered to make my waffles for me (I must've looked confused!).

The location was nothing to rave about however. The walk to different attractions wasn't horrible but it wasn't what I would call close either. We did have my 80-something year old grandmother so for us it was not convenient. However, this is how I looked at my hotel options: 1. we could stay in the French Quarter and for the same rate we may or may not get a decent hotel room or 2. we could stay at the Quality Inn that has excellent reviews but was not close. Obviously I chose the latter.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to someone who doesn't care about proximity or who doesn't mind cabbing it. If someone wants to be right in the middle of all the excitement this probably isn't the place for them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Deerfield Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here based on other trip advisor comments and very pleasantly surprised at value for price. Rooms and decor older but functional. But not the bed which felt new and was extremely comfortable. Internet worked well and the hot breakfast was excellent and way above average for this category hotel. The concierge even attended to making folks waffles if they wanted. Hotel staff very friendly, knowledageable and accomodating. Highly recommend if you want to stay close but not in French Quarter and are on a budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!