“Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Downtown to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Brookville, Ohio, USA
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites because of the all the great reviews on trip advisor and the price. When we arrived at the hotel, we were immediately greeted and helped with our bags. Our room was upgraded without even asking, check in was a breeze and we were in a suite within 5 mins of arrival. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. The suite was large and very clean. The hotel offers free Wi-fi, a decent free breakfast (include typical fare plus a few extras). The hotel was perfect for us, it is a really nice budget hotel. The location was ok, we spent most of our time in the French Quarter and the Garden District. It took us 5 mins to walk to Bourbon Street and 7 mins to St Charles street car. It took us about 20 mins to walk to Jackson Square. I felt safe walking in the dark to the hotel. The staff even called the airport shuttle (without asking) because they were late. This hotel has a lot to offer at the right price!

657 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

This is our second stay at this hotel in less than six months. This is NOT a five star hotel but it exceeded our expectations in every way. Very clean, breakfast included, staff went above and beyond to be friendly and helpful and the price is right. The location is a three minute walk to the Quarter. I would stay here again and again. Close enough to be convenient, far enough away to be quiet.

• Stayed March 2012
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel does not look like anything special and it does not have a courtyard or any New Orleans architecture but the service and location are great. The manager Stanley and his team do a fantastic job of making you feel welcome and like part of the family. They are very knowledgeable about New Orleans and all that goes on there. This is a multi-year award winning hotel.

Located just two blocks from the French Quarter it is very convenient to all major attractions and street car lines. But it is just far enough away from the craziness of Bourbon and Canal streets.

I have stayed here 3 times and I would highly recommend. A complimentary breakfast is included.

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites Downtown in October 2011. It was my first trip to New Orleans, and I was travelling alone, so I was looking for somewhere not too expensive, within walking distance of the French Quartet but safe.

I really couldn't have done better! My room was very spacious, with a separate living area and bedroom. Breakfast was included, and it was pleasant and plentiful. I felt very safe walking from Canal Street to the hotel as another hotel a little further down the street has a 24 hour doorman out the front, so help would have been at hand if I had needed it...which I didn't.

The front desk staff were just lovely. The gentleman who welcomed me to the hotel recognised me by my accent as an Australian, and offered me a Tim Tam! (Australian chocolate biscuit!). He greeted me by name every time I entered and left the building for my whole stay. He also very kindly allowed me to use the internet the moment that I arrived, prior to even checking in, as I had something very urgent to attend to online. He provided me with a map and some excellent advice on what to see and where to eat.

The building is old and quite plain looking, on the outside, but everything was very clean and well maintained. For the price I paid for the room, I really feel like I got a terrific deal.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We chose this hotel based on the reviews and ranking on this site. It wasn't as close to the French Quarter as I had hoped. The room had an odor in which there was an air purifier going when we entered the room. Soon after, someone came in and removed it. The sink was stopped up and the water drained VERY slowly.

The staff was great and very helpful and the breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was the perfect hotel for our girlfriend weekend getaway. Checkin was a breeze and very helpful-- even recommending a good place to catch a bite after a long flight. We got a room with 2 queen beds and were surprised to find that it was actually two bedrooms separated by the bathroom and a kitchenette. Perfect for a little privacy, and the free wifi and the minifridge to store water were the only frills we needed!

We did not partake in the continental breakfast as we wanted to save ourselves for beignets and brunch @ commander's palace, but it smelled good each morning as we left!

I read quite a few reviews of this hotel before our trip, so to discount the two things that came up most in my reading:

1. "Hotel needs updating." We had flatscreen tvs in both bedrooms, and while things weren't new-new, everything was spic and span clean, smelled pleasant (and not like an air freshener cover-up job !) and the beds were very comfortable. This is a no frills place to stay but who comes to New Orleans to hang out in a hotel room?

2. "Location is in a bad part of town." I would say that just in every city you have to be street smart and New Orleans is no different. In our experience whether we were leaving the hotel at 9am or 9pm, the streets are well travelled and there were always other people around. It is a short 2 block walk to Canal Street, and then 2 blocks south to Bourbon and the St. Charles Streetcar. After one night on Bourbon Street we were so thankful to be able to walk away from it back to the quietness of our hotel. I can't imagine staying any closer to that insanity.

If I find myself in New Orleans again I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We had booked a room with 2 queens as that was the only room available when we booked & when we arrived they asked if we would mind being changed to a King room - this was an upgrade so we were pretty happy. The room was very comfortable and quiet, we were on the end so we had a view from both sides. It is walking distance to the french quarter & we felt very safe walking around late at night. The people on the front desk were very friendly and greeted us happily everytime we walked passed. We would definitely return to this hotel. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!