We stay here when we are going to an event at the Superdome. Location is good for that venue. Everything else here is negative.
This hotel is too big for the hotel staff to handle day to day operations. Last year we were here for the New Orleans Bowl and they were disorganized. They had just reopened and we gave them the benefit of the doubt. We are back. They are experiencing the exact same issues a year later. They can't handle large crowds or events.
Our room is nice, but very small. We have a view of the Superdome and at 7:30 AM the loud noise started coming from champions Square. Don't plan on sleeping in at this hotel. We thought we'd sleep until 9:00 and take our time going over to the game. Thanks to the noise we were up at 7:00-7:30.
The Internet is very high priced when you consider the price of the hotel. At a premium priced hotel free Internet would be nice. I paid for the premium package so I could stream radio from home. The Internet simply reads BUFFERING.
The parking here is just stupid. If they can't handle the parking they should just tell you not to bring a car. You pay for valet and they park your car on the sidewalk totally unsecured, and you pay "an arm and a leg." You also have a parking lot next door for $28/day but you have no in and out privileges. You park your car and can't move it. That's just stupid.
I think that our next visit to the Superdome will include a stay at another hotel in this area. We have given this hotel multiple chances over one year to get their act together. It's time for us to take our business elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency New Orelans Hotel New Orleans
- Hyatt Regency New Orelans Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency New Orleans re-opened in October 2011 after a $275 million redesign and revitalization and features 1,193 guest rooms and suites, 200,000 square feet of meeting and event space, expansive food and beverage offerings, and unprecedented service. Located downtown on Loyola Avenue, the hotel is adjacent to the Louisiana Superdome and anchors the vibrant Sports and Entertainment District. Hyatt Regency New Orleans borders the new Medical District, the Arts & Entertainment District and is just blocks from the French Quarter, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and the Mississippi Riverfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.