“Awesome job” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency New Orleans

You added Hyatt Regency New Orleans to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Loyola Ave, New Orleans, LA 70113 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #86 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Buffalo, New York
“Awesome job”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Took my fiance here for a suprize birthday trip and to propose, this hotel made our experince a memory. First of all looking at what they have done with the property since what the storm did, it's amazing what man can do. This is the best city location hotel I have stayed at so far in my life. The art and decor is great just the way everything is executed was just incrediable. Especially since they are recently opened, I can just imagine how much better it will be. Love the concept of the elevators I didn't even have to share them with anyone (wait why did they smell like mustard tho?) takes you directly to your floor quickly. Not to mention the whole ride up on the far side you can see the Super Dome (it was lit up green and red for Christmas). Our room was in the corner and gave us a spectacular veiw of the city on 2 sides it was amazing. Called for a toothbrush got it 15 minutes later. I lived at the concierge desk where Robert the nicest guy helped me find everything and get everywhere. Another employee a wonderful sales worker made sure everything with our stay was perfect. It really made our stay special and we are so grateful for it. The food was just great the lunch buffet isn't a buffet at all, it is just great food as the illusion of a buffet and the dessert selection on it will stop you cold in your tracks before you can even get to the quarter. A lot of people said the quarter wasn't in walking distance. It is really like a 5 minute crawl away through nothing but safe business neighborhoods. Unless your incrediably lazy which is fine to because a cab is $7 to the quarter, I however suggest the walk because you will eat so much food in New Orleans. I really can't say enough good things about this property, we just visted Hyatt Grand Cypress in Septemberish? and we thought it was our favortie hotel in south until we came here. I can't wait to see it completely up and running. If your going to New Orleans you have to choose this hotel it is 5 star luxury you'll love it. Oh and I always forget them but housekeeping my room was done so just great everyday, you guys never get enough love for making my stay more clean then my own home. Thank You Hyatt New Orleans will see you soon.

Room Tip: Get a room with the veiw of city or Superdome
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyNola, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
Dear Irish311,

First of all let me say CONGRATULATIONS! I can't express how touched we are that you chose our hotel and our city as the backdrop for one of the most important days of your life! Thank you for your overwhelmingly wonderful review. My smile grew wider as I continued to read it. We are so thrilled your stay was everything you expected and every department was able to help you whenever you needed it. I will most definitely pass along your compliments to our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thank you!
Wilma C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jackson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed here for a recent weekend getaway using our Hyatt points. The property hasn't been open since Katrina and has gone through extensive renovation. We were not aware that we'd booked our stay during a bowl game next door at the Superdome. As result, they were packed to the brim with fans. The staff handled it perfectly. Check in and check out were both a breeze. Smiling staff met us on the escalator with iPads to expediate checkout. The beds and pillows were comfy and the Regency Lounge is well worth the extra bucks of you aren't a diamond Hyatt points member. It includes a continental breakfast, snacks throughout the day, and cocktails in the evening. We had one hiccup in the Vidascope restaurant. Two you waitresses were so busy flirting with a table of attractive men that they completely ignored us. We also went the several times to ask for service but no one ever came. Eventually Jaycee, I think she's operations manager moved us to another section where Brian gave us outstanding service. We even got a little happy on room later. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear msgrits,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so happy to read you enjoyed your stay and were not completely affected by the crazed bowl fans! I'm very thrilled to know Jaycee and Brian were able to turn your experience at Vitascope Hall into a wondeful one. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments. We hope to welcome you again!

Rather be in WDW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay -- it was short -- but we were only there for the High School Football State Championship. Got there around 1:00 p.m. -- lobby was packed, but check-in was smooth & efficient, didn't take long at all. We stayed "club level." Room was immaculate. View of the highway though :(. Walk to the Dome was easy. Club level was nice -- good food. Very clean. Quiet.

Hope we get to do it again next year. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HyattRegencyNola, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
Dear jrbdad,

Thank you for your review. Although short and sweet I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to welcome you back next year (fingers crossed for a good season!).

Warm Wishes,
Mandeville, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We recently stayed overnight at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans. We live within 50 miles of the property and decided to make it a week-end in the city to a college bowl game . As others have stated, the property recently reopened after being slammed by Hurricane Katrina six years ago. Everything is new so that's a plus. Our room was on the 26th floor, supposedley upgraded. Room was nice, clean, and plenty large enough. It overlooked the rooftop air conditioning system (ugh!). The bathroom is extremely small. Our room had a shower only which the desk clerk did not tell us as we would not have accepted that room. We found the staff very friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. However, be forewarned....valet parking is $38 a night (plus tax and tip) which I consider highway robbery. Parking in the city is expensive but $40+ a night is outrageous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Superdome.
Dear wanderlustatheart,

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel for your bowl game weekend getaway. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet all of your expectations. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our new amenities. Please feel free to contact me at wilma.cruz@hyatt.com to further discuss any of the issues you encountered during your stay.

Lafayette, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Where to start……I have always heard that you should “Pat them on the back before you kick them in the rear” so……

I am a long time user of this website and VERY seldom have I written a negative review. Even now, I want to give them credit where credit is due and I will compliment what I thought was good, but I won’t be staying in this property again.

The freshly renovated property is lovely and very well appointed. Every facet of the construction states “quality and pride”.

From the moment we arrived, the staff in this hotel was as pleasant, warm, welcoming and helpful as they could possibly have been. Never have I experienced staff quite so obviously doing their level best to insure our comfort and satisfaction.

Let me say right off the bat, all the basic functions in the room worked: there was hot water, towels and the AC/Heater worked, BUT, the thermostat in the room works backwards from that in your home so it is counter-intuitive. We had to be instructed in its use. How difficult would it have been to have installed thermostats which were easy to figure out?

The troubles began to appear when we looked around our room……no coffeepot, no, microwave, and, in an era of total connectivity, NO free internet. They charge up to $20.00 for total connection ($10.00 for basic internet). It isn't that this hotel doesn’t’ think you need the internet, the obviously do, I made my reservation over the internet, checked in before I departed for New Orleans on the internet, and even checked out over the internet while in my hotel room. This just seems a disingenuous way of raising the room rate in order to successfully compete with other hotels which offer this basic service free of charge.

The internet thing seems simply cheap on their part and began to leave us with a feeling that we were going to be nickel and dime-d for everything. In fact, from the $38.00, per day, valet Fee (Not including a total of $5.00 tax per day) EVERYTHING in this property was only available at extra cost.

Getting connected to the internet proved to be a VERY difficult process. Nowhere in the room were there any instructions for doing so. After a trip to the desk I was finally able to get instructions from the IT guru for the property (located not in the building but in Colorado) and log onto the service I had paid for. The most frustrating online experience I have had in many, many years though because the system constantly and intermittently lost internet service. I was able to stay connected to the network itself, but the network was not able to stay connected to the internet reliably. The hotel refunded the connection fee, of course, but that did nothing to help me do what I needed to do online.

After the first night we left the room at 9AM and didn't return until 3:30 to freshen up for the evenings activities (New Orleans Bowl). The room had not been serviced when we arrived and in fact we had to call housekeeping to get someone to come to the room to service it. NOT what I call exemplary service in a property of this caliber.

Overall, the next time I am in New Orleans, I will stay somewhere else, this place left me with a VERY bad taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: Asj fir a room with a "City View"
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Reid,

I am so sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. Thank you for shedding light on the issues you encountered during your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at wilma.cruz@hyatt.com to further discuss any of these issues.

Lafayette, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

This Hyatt just reopened and they are still in the learning process. They have the potential to be a world class hotel, but they don't have a clue as to how to handle a huge crowd. I just learned that last night was the first sell out in this hotel, and when the crowd from the New Orleans Bowl returned to the hotel the staff was lost.

When we valet parked they told us we had to self park several blocks away. They did take care of us when they found out we had prearranged our parking.

The rooms are very minimalist. There is a very nice TV and an iPhone home player. The elevators are fun when they work.

Will I return? Yes, when they have a special. Otherwise there are other Places as nice for much less money.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear bandman,

Thank you for your review and we agree we have that potential and with constructive feedback like yours we will continue to fine tune our processes. We hope to welcome you again,

Warm Wishes,
Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Beautiful hotel with some of the hardest working staff I've seen in a long time. True the hotel is still working out some kinks, but nothing that impacted our stay. Love the high tech in-room TV system!

We appreciated the 10 min walk over to the French Quarter to work off all the great NOLA food!!! By the way, never felt unsafe walking anywhere. Keep your head up and walk with awareness and you'll be fine. A rule of thumb in ANY city.

We will be back!

Dear HockeyAJ24,

Great review and great piece of advice for anyone in any city. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our team! We hope to welcome you soon!

Wilma C.

Been to Hyatt Regency New Orleans? Share your experiences!