“Best Steak I've Ever Had!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chophouse New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poydras
Description: Chophouse New Orleans has crafted a niche by serving a USDA Prime-only menu including chilled Carpaccio, expertly broiled Filet and a monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two. The restaurants relaxed sophistication complements the great food and bustling, live entertainment nightly. Top ratings from previous diners attest to an exceptional experience ahead.
Atlanta
“Best Steak I've Ever Had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Saw some great reviews on Chophouse and we gave it a try. Very nice atmosphere and very pleasant wait staff. I had the Rib Eye Filet and it really was the most tasty and juiciest steak I've ever had. I like mine medium-medium well and it was cooked perfectly. The other person had the Pan Sauteed Red Fish and unfortunately it was not cooked like she thought it should be. It had a crust to it and she sent it back. The asparagus were cooked perfectly also. The wait staff and host did everything they could to please us and we appreciated it. If I'm ever back in New Orleans I'm heading back here for another steak!They also have a very cute piano bar with live entertainment.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“14 oz Filet! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I read some great reviews on Chophouse, while looking for a new place to dine in New Orleans. The reviews were outstanding and our dinner lived up to my expectations. My husband and I shared a 14 oz filet and each had a broiled lobster tail. They have a great wine list as well. I will be back.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A brilliant Steak Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went here during our short stay in New Orleans and had our best meal of the trip. We both started with the Shrimp Cocktail which consisted of four massive King Prawns with a separate dish of piquant cocktail sauce. We also both had the same main course, the Rib Eye Fillet which was brilliant and was actually the cheapest cut on the menu!
Great atmosphere with a lady playing the piano and singing songs, good waiters and an excellent wine-list. What more do you need!

Visited January 2014
Woodland Hills, California, United States
“Worth going there twice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went there because we were staying in the hotel next to it and were totally surprised by the atmosphere, the piano bar, the attentivenes of the staff, specially Kelly, our waitress and Matt the maitre'd who went out of his way to get us a table in a sold out night.
So impressed was I that even after leaving the hotel , I still went there for a second time, and it was also a great experience, Not a typical creole food, but a top notch restaurant in ANY major city.

Visited January 2014
Andalusia, Alabama, United States
“Great New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Excellent service, food and drink. Atmosphere very appropriate for New Year's Eve could not have asked for a better celebration.

• Visited December 2013