“What a find” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“What a find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

They have a great location on lower Magazine Street and convenient parking. Breakfast was great and we wish we could have stayed longer.
We will stay there again with our little dog. There is a nice park a block away. A few coffee shops and nice restaurants and stores.
The owner and her staff are very nice.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Terrell House B & B. In all areas it was top notch. This was our first time in New Orleans and we especially appreciated the service and guidance we received from chef Shannon and Alex.

• Stayed February 2015
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for writing such a kind review here on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Terrell House. I hope that you will visit New Orleans again and will stay with us at the Terrell House.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the TH B & B from February 11th to 18th, and I must compliment them on every aspect of service. Linda was very kind and helpful from the beginning of my correspondence with her via email and phone calls to booking my stay with my fiance. The property is safe, beautiful and well kept. It's location is perfect in relation to parade routes (only 3 blocks away), down the street from the Magazine bus stop, and everything is within reasonable walking distance. Even though parades were running close by on St. Charles, our stay was very peaceful and quiet. The breakfast prepared by Shannon everyday were amazing and were a wonderful was to start my day. She is an excellent chef and her breakfast really set the standard and bar high for the following lunch and dinner meals we enjoyed in New Orleans. Her supporting staff member was very helpful and down to earth and he was very knowledgeable about history and culture, and also gave good recommendations for food and entertainment that we would enjoy. Everyone we experienced at TH B & B were very sweet, down to earth, and truly charming.

Linda was impeccably helpful at providing and arranging transportation for me and my fellow travelers (my fiancee, my friend who was 32 weeks pregnant and her husband). She was able to give good options for transportation to and from restaurants and the airport so my pregnant friend was not stressed, could avoid crowds of parade goers, and did not have to walk long distances. Even the driver Stanley was punctual, profession, and friendly during our early morning pick up to the airport for our departure. Linda's effort to make our stay effortless speaks beyond words, and we are truly grateful for the the lovely experience by such an amazing team.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for this very kind review of the Terrell House! It is always nice to hear that our guests received the level of service they deserved and enjoyed their stay with us. We hope to host you all again in the future!
Sahuarita, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The accommodations were excellent and the breakfasts were superb. My wife has celiac disease, so must eat gluten-free;Shannon made great breakfasts for her. As first-time visitors to New Orleans we needed guidance on what to see and good places to eat. Shannon's advice was just right. We visited the WW II Museum which is just a short walk from Terrell House. Don't miss touring this truly remarkable museum! Our visit was just days befor Fat Tuesday so we got to see four different parades in the two nights we were there which passed a mere four blocks from the B&B. And of course we visited the French Quarter which is less than two miles away. Nearby parking was ample. The next time we visit the Big Easy we definitely will stay at Terrell House.

Room Tip: The King Suite was super!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Terrell House! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the World War II Museum and the French Quarter - we look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Loved our stay. Everyone was so helpful. Thank you for a delightful stay. It was easy to get too all the areas In N.O. that one would want to see. That is all I have to say but trip advisor makes you put.... Done!,

Room Tip: We stayed in the gold room which allowed for a separate private place for our friend to sleep. Just...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for reviewing the Terrell House Todd! I am glad that you all enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in New Orleans.
Dexter, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in the king suite in February 2015 and the room was beautiful. The breakfasts were great and the hosts were helpful with suggestions for dinners and ways to avoid getting stuck by the multitude of parades. We found out the hard way the first evening that navigating around the parade routes could be challenging! We would stay at this location again. We had a car and there was plenty of parking.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Terrell House! I am glad that you were able to navigate the Mardi Gras parades and that you liked our location. We hope to host you again in the future.
Brandon, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had a wonderful visit to Terrell House January 30-31, 2015. We took the train to New Orleans and Terrell House was a short 5-10 taxi ride from the station. We came to NOLA to go to the WWII War Museum and Terrell House was in easy walking distance for us. The trolley was also a short distance away and we enjoyed sightseeing on it. Next time we stay, we will take the trolley to the Zoo which we saw along the route. The house was gorgeous and Shannon took excellent care of us. The breakfast was lovely and we enjoyed getting to know the other guests. Shannon also suggested places for us to eat and visit which was much appreciated. This is a very quiet venue with a lovely garden patio area where my husband and I could have a cup of coffee while reading the paper. We loved it and will definitely visit again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of the Terrell House here on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed your stay, and we very much look forward to hosting you all on your next trip to New Orleans.

Been to Terrell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!