“Really lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terrell House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
You added Terrell House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1441 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Special Price
25% off Rates in January!
Ranked #3 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Really lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

While it might at first appear to be a less than ideal location for a stay in New Orleans, the Terrell House proved a great point from which to explore the city and generally a great experience.
Situated in the Garden District, a few blocks from St. Charles Avenue, the Terrell House offers lovely accommodations and makes for a great jump-off point for exploring what are perhaps the [less] touristy parts of New Orleans. It's also pretty convenient for exploring the business district and the French Quarter as well, though I have to admit that we walked quite a bit.
I would really recommend walking (or taking the street car and then walking) down St. Charles Ave and just taking in the sights along the way. Audubon Park is very nice and there are many, many beautiful homes in the area. The Garden District is also quite interesting and definitely worth exploring.
The B&B itself was an excellent experience. We stayed in the separate, smaller house across the street, which, I believe, has two small apartments - living room with a nice, small kitchen, two nicely sized bedrooms and restroom. This is really convenient and a great deal if you're visiting with children or a group of people. The accommodations were very nice, the spaces clean and well-kept. The breakfasts were delicious and there was interesting company at the breakfast table, which is always a plus at a B&B. It's also worth noting that the staff were very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for your nice review of the Terrell House! I am happy to hear that you had he opportunity to explore some of the less touristy and more local-oriented areas of New Orleans. Once of the perks of the Terrell House is it's location and being close to both uptown and the French quarter, and you hit the nail right on the head pointing that out! I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Plymouth, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The B&B is excellent. It was decked out for Christmas and looked stunning. Our flight was 5 hours late but Linda was there to greet us. She provided lots of terrific eating and sightseeing recommendations for our stay. The Gold room was wonderful and beautifully decorated. Comfortable bed, very clean, and safe neighborhood. The Chef was very nice and cooked wonderful breakfasts. She too was a wealth of information and helped us with dinning recommendations. She also suggested a walk in the Barataria Bayou - this was great tip. We had a great time in New Orleans and our Stay at the Terrell House B&B made our 25th anniversary all the more memorable. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy that you chose to spend your 25th anniversary with us and that you had such a wonderful time! I am always happy and willing to accommodate our guests when their travel gets jn the way of their arrival! I am just happy that you all made it to us and that you found our recommendations about New Orleans helpful! I look forward to seeing y'all back here in the future!
Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We just arrived back home from a weekend at the Terrell House and had such a wonderful stay! We have stayed ins my B&B and this one was the neatest and cleanest thus far. Shannon was very friendly and her cooking is divine!!! Was very helpful with suggestions as well. The home is decorated so nice and very homey. My complaints are not picky...but I'll mention anyway. A shower caddy would have been nice to put my soap etc in and a clock as well. That's about all I have to complain about lol. We stayed in the king room and that room and bed were incredibly comfortable!!! I miss the bed already.....can't go wrong with this one!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Terrell House! And thank you so much for noting your very small but very important complaints. I see each complaint/suggestion as an opportunity for improvement, and greatly appreciate you letting us know where and how we can make our experience better for our guests. We hope to have you return to the Terrell House on your next trip to New Orleans!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a chance to stay here for my second time when I stayed in the 'blue room' for three nights. The house is gorgeous, the rooms are comfortable and well-appointed, and the place really captures the charm of the lower garden district. Breakfast is delicious, and the staff are very friendly. It is a short walk to tour the garden district, or take a ride on the St Charles streetcar. It is about a 15 min walk from the convention center... if you happen to be staying for a conference/convention, this makes it a very convenient location. You are also situated right next to what is known as the warehouse district, which has become something of a culinary center of the city (walking distance to donald link restaurants...cohon, peche, root, mmmm). Furthermore, the prices for the rooms are an outstanding value, and almost without exception are less expensive than the usual chain conference hotels. If you want to really experience the new Orleans feel, this is the place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your glowing review! I am so happy that you have had the opportunity to explore our wonderful neighborhood. Our location is one of my favorite amenities of ours, and I thank you for letting the TripAdvisor world know that! I look forward to serving you here during your next stay in New Orleans.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family for my sisters wedding. The staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! The hotel was very homey, and i would highly recommend this B&B. Our trip was so much fun, and i will have great memories from this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad that you had a pleasant stay for your sisters wedding at The Terrell House! I am glad that you enjoyed the accommodations and I trust that everything went smoothly with the wedding. I look forward to seeing you back at the Terrell House on your next trip to New Orleans!
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed at the Terrell house for 4 nights and all I can say is WOW. Great location, and accommondations. Above all, the staff are what makes this place great. Thank you so much to Terry for the great hospitality, Shannon for the amazing food and huge thanks to Annikia for her willingness to tend to our every need as well as the other guests. By this I mean I watched Annikia give a guest her own new running shoes to use as they had forgotten theirs. Thank you again so much for making our trip GREAT!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is our goal to go above and beyond in customer service and it sounds like we achieved that with your stay. I hope to see you back at the Terrell House on your next trip to New Orleans!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We spent Thanksgiving at the Terrell House and had a lovely time. The location is not perfect but it was good to see a different part of New Orleans. Linda (and Stella, her adorable dog) could not have been more hospitable and kind. The home is gorgeous, the courtyard is beautiful and our stay in the carriage house was just perfect. We loved our delicious breakfast as we'll. We would absolutely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words Laura! And thank you for the nice words about Stella as well :) I am happy to hear that y'all had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed exploring our neighborhood in the Lower Garden District. Please come back and see us again!

Been to Terrell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!