“Amazing attention to detail” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terrell House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
You added Terrell House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1441 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Offers & Announcements
25% off Rates in January!
Ranked #3 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Framingham, MA
“Amazing attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and have been impressed with the great attention to detail: decor, service, and food! The new Chef, Shannon, is fabulous. Her breakfasts were scrumptious and she has a lovely personality. Her restaurant recommendations were superb! The location is great and I will stay there again and again!

• Stayed August 2013
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for your kind tripadvisor review! We are delighted that you had a nice stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and delicious breakfast, and I am thrilled that you got to enjoy it. Hope to see you back at the Terrell House in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

An impromptu first visit to NOLA in mid-August for myself and my husband....Terrell House had everything we were looking for: classic New Orleans architecture, incredible décor (even better in person than the beautiful photos show), wonderful service, delicious breakfasts, easy parking, quiet, relaxing, and perfectly located. Walk to the street cars, the shops and mansions of the Garden District. Easy to find and navigate from when driving. We enjoyed being away from the noise and crowds of the French Quarter but had no problem using Terrell House as a base of operations (both walking and driving) from which to explore FQ and the other great neighborhoods of New Orleans. The King Suite is so comfortable we regularly overslept (thanks for keeping our breakfast warm!). Absolutely lovely. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind review! I am thrilled that you and your husband had such a great first experience in New Orleans. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest has a satisfactory experience not only at the Terrell House, but in our amazing city, and I am delighted to hear y'all had a great one. Please do come back and see us the next time you are in New Orleans!
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Terrell House is wonderful. I am a student in New Orleans and I stayed here with my father when he came to visit for the weekend. The room was very quiet and had strong AC. The black out curtains allowed us to sleep in after a night of exploring New Orleans. My father particularly enjoyed sitting on the balcony facing the courtyard. I enjoyed the location and food! Annika is warm and caters to your every need. The breakfasts were delicious! Other B and Bs in the area cannot rival the breakfast experience at Terrell House. We were able to have breakfast prepared early so that my father could eat before his AM flight. The room was very comfortable. I appreciate the attention to detail in the room. I also liked that guests use a private side entrance that allows you to come and go easily and without walking through the main house. I will definitely be coming back here again and again. A truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amy -

I am so glad you had a great experience with us at the Terrell House, and thank you for your kind review! So glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, and we are always more than happy to accommodate any of our guests special requests like preparing breakfast early. We look forward to hosting you and your father for many years to come.
Abbeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the Terrell house on 8/16/13 and 8/17/13 and it was a great experience.
The beautiful home and patio and a fantastic custom prepared breakfast each day made our stay memorable.
The bedding is high quality and our room in the carriage house was perfect.

Highly recommended, we will surely return to The Terrell House whenever we return to New Orleans.
This place is a 'must see' !

Room Tip: The Carriage House rooms are great with easy access to the brick courtyard right outside your door.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of the Terrell House! I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the courtyard - it is certainly one of our favorite amenities and offers a charm that can only be found in New Orleans. We hope your stay with us was a memorable one and we look forward to having you stay at the Terrell House in the future.
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed here on a friend's recommendation and I was not disappointed! Shannon was delightful, and made staying an extra day easy to decide. Rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Great breakfasts too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with the Terrell House. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is the absolute best that it can be, and I do hope that is what you found in the Terrell House. I hope you enjoyed your time in New Orleans, and we hope to have the opportunity to open our bed and breakfast to you and your friends/family at the Terrell House again in the future!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here. The house was beautiful. We had booked a courtyard room but they had plumbing issues and upgraded us to one of the suites in the main house. The room was perfect and the bed slept amazing. The breakfast was good. We have stayed at numerous B&B's and we felt this one was missing the personal touch. We were shown around briefly and instructed on what to do and what not to do. We didnt interact with the owner. We were not told anything about the house or its history. We were also not served breakfast. They just sat it out and told us what it was. We interacted with a few other guests at breakfast but other than that it was very impersonal. I would list this as more of an Inn than a traditional B&B.

• Stayed July 2013
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the lack of personal attention during your 2 day visit. I had just been told a couple of hours prior to your arrival that my plumbing issue had mushroomed into a plumbing nightmare. As I was greeting you at the front door, a carpenter and plumber had arrived at my back door to remove 2 tubs, toilets, and sinks as well as the tile flooring in the bathrooms. This meant no one could stay in any of the 4 rooms in the carriage house because there was no bathroom or the noise from the demoltiion of the bathrooms would not be conducive to guests staying in the rooms. There were other guests in addition to yourselves that I had to find lodging for as I did not have enough vacant rooms at theTerrell House. I was relieved that you were pleased with your room switch. I was very proccoupied with the plumbing issue and how to get it resolved as quickly as possible and am very sorry I was not able to spend more time with you when you arrived.
We normally do not serve breakfast to guests individually. Our full, hot breakfast is set out buffet style so that guests may pick and choose what they would like as well as have a more flexable time frame for eating breakfast. We continue bringing out hot food until all the guests have been served. I do usually encounter guests throughout the day and evening and am not sure how I missed seeing you except that I was very involved with the plumbing problems.
Some guests are more interested in learning about the house than others. Those guests usually ask to be told about the history of the house. There is also a booklet in each room that tells the history of the house. I love the Terrell House and love talking about it and hate I did not have the opportunity to talk with you about it.
We pride ourselves with providing a warm, comfortable, inviting atmosphere at the Terrell House and want our guests to feel that they are guests visiting our home. I'm extremely sorry that we did not provide that experience for you.
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you are going to New Orleans, you have to stay here at least one night for the absolutely delicious breakfast! The house is spectacular, the owner is so nice, and the staff is very attentive. It is worth mentioning again...the breakfast is to die for! We had the spinach quiche with fresh fruit, and an apple turnover the first day, then, grits, fruit, and a creme brulee french toast the second day. I was in a food coma by the third day and I cannot remember what they served us, but everything was fabulous!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lolashouse, Public Relations Manager at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast! It is definitely one of the things that we pride ourselves on. All in all, I hope that you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans and especially at Terrell House. Hope to see you again sometime, and thank you for the wonderful feedback! Cheers!

Been to Terrell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!