“My Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terrell House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrell House Bed and Breakfast
1441 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)   |
Special Offer
Summer Special
Ranked #5 of 146 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Ponchatoula, Louisiana, United States
“My Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family rented out the Terrell House for my wedding weekend. We did my bridal prep at the house (we took pictures inside, in the back courtyard, and in the front of the house/street). Everything was picture perfect, not to mention the wonderful hospitality we received the entire weekend. All of our guests/visitors loved the grounds as well, and the food was superb...as New Orleans as you can get! The location is perfect as well. Mrs. Linda and Annika were gracious hosts and we look forward to coming back for a visit in the future. I also took my bridal portraits there...no regrets whatsoever. One of the best decisions we made for our big day/weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Guilford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

When my son got accepted to Tulane we had 10 days to make a decision and had never seen the campus. We put our trip together very quickly and count our lucky stars that we found the Terrell House . The garden district was magical, especially with all the Christmas decorations and when we entered the Terrell house we were awed by the magnificent decor and the grandeur of the dining room, the parlor and the sitting room, all dressed in Christmas finery. In every room there was amazing attention to detail, from the luxurious sheets to the unbelievable orchids. Linda and Annika were so accommodating and made us feel right at home. Loved the southern breakfasts, the open courtyard and didn't want to leave. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Terrell House is just that, amazing!! The food is by far the very best breakfast food I have had in my life. Delicious!!! The location is perfect, near St Charles, on Magazine, near(ish) the French Quarter. The beds are comfy, and the entire house just feels so livable, yet so gorgeous! I felt like a princess. Everyone was so kind to me, very nice, very sweet staff. I live only an hour away, but I would definitely LOVE to stay at the Terrell House again! Amazing!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the few rooms with two twin beds, they were very comfortable. Also, very tall bed...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I frequent New Orleans often and have stayed in many different hotels, but the Terrell House is by far our absolute favorite place we've ever stayed. We occupied the Red Room and our best friend's, the Yellow Room. Our rooms were spotless, the breakfast was amazing and the staff was more than accommodating and friendly (I could go on an on). Our one regret is that we didn't discover this treasure sooner! I'd recommend this B&B to ANYONE and we can't wait to return. Our hat's go off to Linda and her team! P.S. We loved Stella! ;)

Room Tip: The Red and Yellow Rooms were perfect!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked the whole house for my last daughters wedding. We live about an hour outside New Orleans and needed somewhere to get everybody together and this house and its innkeepers were great. Linda and Aneka spoiled us rotten, chalk it up to old fashion southern hospitality. Our Breakfasts were amazing, the garden is peaceful and beautiful and rooms very comfortable. I had an experience with another B&B in New Orleans, suffice to say I should have looked up TripAdvisor's reviews. Linda and Aneka, thank you for making a memorable event such a wonderful experience. We will be staying with you again and again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently went to New Orleans for the first time because of work, Neuroscience conference (around 30,000 people) and needed a place to stay for a week. I came across the Terrell House B and B online and booked my stay there having never been to Louisiana before. The Terrell House B and B is AMAZING! Having traveled to many places in the US and in Europe, I can say it is world class. From the furnishings to the gourmet food served for breakfast on fine china and silver.
I know the next time I go to New Orleans I will book my stay at the Terrell House.

Room Tip: I would say that the Terrell House only has great rooms. The one down side, is that it is not walkin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is one of the nicest places for accommodation. I loved their hospitality, and the place in general. Specifically, Amika's breakfast is spectacular. She is so accommodating and is always so well dressed that you think she is the owner of the place. Really worth every minute. I honestly suggest this place with no reservations whatsoever.

Room Tip: I have a feeling all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Terrell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!