“happy holiday dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The velvet Cactus

The velvet Cactus
6300 Argonne Blvd., Harrison & Argonne Blvd., New Orleans, LA 70124 (Lakeview)
504-301-2083
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Metairie, Louisiana
“happy holiday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I loved the atmosphere in the outside dining area, fully equipped with heat lamps and Christmas décor. I enjoyed every bite of my enchiladas. At first since it was chilly I thought I wanted to sit inside but they sat us inside near the server screens and I just wasn’t feeling it. After I moved outside I realized that is the place to be. Cute Mexican blankets to line you chair with and cozy tree cover made it a lovely night out. Plus the patron margaritas were two for one!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans, Louisiana
“A Really Fun Place with Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had heard about this restaurant several times over the last few months and were looking forward to trying it. An opportunity to eat there sprung up so we went with it. It is a very entertaining place both visually and in atmosphere. We tried their signature margaritas and some of the more ambitious things on the menu. The margarita was ok, but for $11, we expected more. The crawfish appetizer was good, however the Louisiana seafood boil quesadillas were not. The flavors and seasoning were somewhat off. The summary around the table was that the food was passable but far from the excellent Mexican cuisine we have experienced at other restaurants resulting in an average grade.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent evening out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The velvet cactus had wonderful food; hubby and I both really enjoyed our meals. I had the burrito and it was huge and so flavorful. Hubby had the shrimp fajitas and they were so fresh, perfectly seasoned, and cooked to perfection.

We will definitely go again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Bad Mexican and Terrible drinks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

From the outside this restaurant looks like it could be a great place to bring your family. However, it is pricey for what they serve. The food is very low quality and does not taste good. The drinks are worse

Visited January 2012
Kenner, Louisiana
“Amazing Look and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

What drew me to this place was its wonderful appearance. Not to be out done by it the food and service and great as well. The outside seating is gorgeous and surprising cool in summer months. Margaritas, tequila shots, blanco dip and chips, amazing large portion meals - What’s not to love?

Visited August 2012