“Fantastic Mardi Gras Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Canal Street at Bourbon, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #108 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Louisville, Kentucky
“Fantastic Mardi Gras Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

My friends and I had the most enjoyable experience this Mardi Gras. Our stay at the Astor was awesome. The location is perfect. Located on Bourbon & Canal. You can easily access all the bars, restaurants and the perfect place to catch the parades. The staff and cleanliness at the hotel were all spot on. They think of everything, so you don't have to.
From now on, when I travel to NOLA, I'm staying at the Astor.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
We think you are awesome! Thanks for the fantastic review. We are glad you enjoyed our location...it truly is the best that New Orleans has to offer. Our team will be delighted to hear that the Astor will be your home away from home when your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Stayed here a few times over the years. The location is great from things on Canal ( few blocks from Casino). And out the side door your on Bourbon Street. Always are impressed with the service and cleanliness. But being their this year during Mardi Gras makes you appreciate the hotel, friendly staff and all it offers. From quick check in to great room service. From my visits to New Orleans it's the best place I've found

• Stayed March 2011
We love repeat guests! Thank you for the perfect review. We were delighted to hear that our team met your expectations once again. Mardi Gras is a unique time for the staff and I was pleased to learn that our team's hospitality was there to make your stay yet again an enjoyable experience. We look forward to your return to the Astor on your next trip to the Big Easy!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Stayed at the Astor with a large group of friends from March 4th through March 9th, 2011 for Mardi Gras! We had two rooms, side-by-side which we had requested, and we had such a great time. The hotel is obviously located right in the middle of all the action w/ parades on Canal and tons of partying on Bourbon. The rooms were great and very nice. Other reviews have stated that the TV's are outdated, which was true of our room (I went in some other rooms that had new flat screens), however we didn't turn our TV on a single time so I could've cared less if the room even had a TV. It's New Orleans, why would you need a TV? Other reviews have stated that the wristbands and security were problematic, but we never experienced an issue with this. Guest wristbands which we acquired frequently for our friends visiting us that were staying at nearby places were $20.00 and easy to purchase. The wristbands even come in handy in instances where a cop needs to walk you back to your hotel and you can't remember what it's called (the wristband has the hotel's name on it)! The staff at the Astor is the best, I pretty much got to know all of them while I was there: Shout out to Bull, Duana, Aria, Andrea, Shandreka, Vic! Bull was pretty much the shiz! The front desk staff has the most beautiful girls in any hotel! I really can't say that I have any complaints about this hotel. The parking situation can be difficult, we valeted and then we were leaving on Wednesday the staff in the front of the hotel expected us to take the shuttle to the satellite parking lot to retrieve our car, however we kindly persuaded them to go get it for us! I'll be staying there next time I come for Mardi Gras!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I'm always excited to have an opportunity to be in New Orleans. The location of this hotel promised to make it is especially memorable event. But the lobby itself was remarkably on festive, given that we were on the brink of Mardi Gras, and even though I arrived at 2 AM, I still had to wait for service at the front desk. The pool was nice, although it was initiated part of the hotel, someone could never really get any sun. The exercise room was full of damaged equipment that was generally poorly maintained.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Glad to hear you liked our Mardi Gras decorations...we try to make it festive....thank you for noticing. We apologize for any wait you experienced at check-in. Rest assured I will share your comments with our Front Desk Manager. The position of the pool has great sun in the morning, but you are right, after 1:00pm or there abouts, the pool is shaded by the building. I'm a bit puzzled by the fitness center comment. We receive great reviews on our new equipment and how we keep this equipment very well maintained. Anyway, please know we appreciate your comments and hope we will see you for Mardi Gras 2012!
Gardendale, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I have been to new orleans plenty of times.Best place I have stayed,everythink was find from checkin to check out. I read some of the not so good reviews and don't understand them. I would stay again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Short and sweet and to the point! Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear your enjoyed the Astor, it's team and our location. Thanks in advance for the future recommendations. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return visit.
Pennsylvania Furnace, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Hotel is on the edge of the French Quarter so it is a good location. The trolly also stops right outside of hotel. As a Priority member I asked for a quiet room above 13th floor, I was given a quiet room but on 7th floor. Room was OK. My friends did not have a clean room. My room had an old bulky TV. Bed was very comfortable. Shower was excellent, very powerful. No free wifi even as a Priority member, you had to go to the lobby where there was limited seating. Dickie Brennan's restaurant is part of the hotel with good selection of food and drinks and lots of wait staff. Hotel has a seasonal pool which is not heated, and no hot tub. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Getting airport bus can be difficult as limited parking out front. The hotel staff at curbsite were not friendly or helpful at all. Posted room rate was $400, this is a joke right, at $139 I expected a little more. I was given a small jar of spice, and a scented spray. No happy hour special, late night hot chocolate or cookies. I prefer Pavillion.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

This is my second time staying here at the Astor Crowne Plaza in the past year and a half. What I like best is its location; located on canal and bourbon, it's easy access to French Quarter, and then to the trolleys that will take you to CBD/Warehouse and the Garden District. Check in no problem, spacious room, very attentive staff. Obviously given location saturday night was a bit noisy but that was easily remedied with ear plugs; the other nights were quiet so it worked out well. Our room was spacious, bathroom as well. Both times I have found this a combination of great location and nice room. Would recommend it and will stay here again next year!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Astordz, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
We love repeat guests...thank you for returning to the Astor. A special thanks for the great review. Yes we agree the hotel's location is one of the best in the city and convenient to all that is New Orleans. Our general manager was delighted to hear that we meet your expectations and you enjoyed your return visit. Thanks in advance for any recommendations on our behalf and we look forward to a return visit real soon!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans? Share your experiences!