“Can't wait to stay there again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Canal Street at Bourbon, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #98 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Can't wait to stay there again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2005

The Astor Crowne Plaza was fantastic. It was clean and comfortable and felt like home. One of the employees, Susie, helped with all of our needs. She was friendly and polite - always smiling. She really cared that we had everything we needed. Great employee for a great establishment. Thanks for doing such a great job. We can't wait to go back for another great visit. Dianne Latour, Lafayette, LA

1,536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2005

I am a smoker. I like to smoke in the privacy of my room, perferably with a view. Unfortunately, at the Crowne Plaza, smokers are banished to the fourth floor of the Crowne Plaza--the only floor with smoking rooms without views ( unless you count the view of the pool with lounging people whose heads are up against your room window as a "view"). I had such a room and of course I could not open the curtains, therefore, my room was pretty much in the dark unless I turned on the lights during the day. On my second day at the hotel, I requested a room change, I told the front desk I needed some sunlight, and they moved me to a room overlooking Bourbon Street, which was fine, except, just a view of the roof tops and neon signs. Oh well. Just a warning for those requesting smoking rooms at the Crowne Plaza

Long Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2005

Average hotel. Great location (Corner of Canal and Bourbon Street). A room on the south side of the hotel (side opposite of Bourbon Street) is very noisy. There are large cooling towers on the building next door that create a low level roar all night. I don't recommend a room on this side of the building. The pool is very small and quickly fills with quest. The French Quarter food is excellent. Bourbon street was a bit more trashy than i expected. I much preferred the east side of the French Quarter.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2005

I travel regularly, in good business class hotels which can make you a bit fussy when you come to travelling for pleasure. I was in New Orleans for 6 nights during Jazz Fest and also some conventions. The hotel was great, busy and in a location that really doesnt get much better in terms of accessing all of New Orleans attractions. The beds are also really comfy. I was concerned it would be noisy as it is at the corner of Bourbon Street but it was fine. Having the outdoor pool was also great. I would highly recommend staying here either for business or pleasure. The tours that were recommended by the concierge were also spot on not sure what one of the earlier comments meant by them adding on a cut as I didnt see this. Would almost definitely stay here again when we come back to New Orleans which we definitely will be.

• Stayed May 2005
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2005

we stayed here last labor weekend and i kept meaning to write a review, we were originally booked into the sister hotel but when arrived found out we were staying in the crowne plaza...great, it was a better star! the rooms were nicely decorated and the convience of the location was the best for us, we could just fall in the door after a night around bourbon st, but it was quiet too, the pool was a nice place to relax after a hard days sightseeing, the staff were nice and friendly. I love new orleans and when i go back I will definataly stay at the crowne plaza.

• Stayed September 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

The hotel itself is in a nice location but the overall experience wasn't top rate service. I would not recommend doing any tour bookings with the hotel concierge - terrible service and they will try and sell you anything. Be careful and my advice is call the tour company direct as the hotel adds their cut to the cost.

• Stayed March 2005
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2005

Great location and great staff. Close to the quarter but far enough away from the action so it's relatively quiet. Our room was in great shape, very clean and the bathroom facilities were top notch. A little pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans? Share your experiences!